Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 06:20 PM

30,202 posts, read 11,854,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

They didn't listen to him when he'd said it at the rally and they didn't listen to him when he'd tweeted, which makes me wonder if you even 'get' that there was nothing he could say that would make them stop. I really don't think you do. He did not tell them to do what they'd done, they'd decided to do that on their own. So it's no wonder that he couldn't get them to listen to him when he'd told them to be peaceful or told them to just stop. But it's cool that you liken him to a miracle worker. lol.
Whole point is he decided to do a rally near the capital. Which you agreed was a bad idea. Then he fires them up and sends them off to the capital building.

That is the problem when you conjure up an angry mob. They usually have a mind of their own.

Regarding what Trump was doing while this was going on. He won't say. There is no record that he contacted anyone. You want to believe he sat there alone in a room and did not watch what was going on at the capital. Seems naive to me. He made no public statements for 2.5 hours. What he should have been doing. Going on national TV calling off the rioters. That should have happened the moment that building was breached. You don't need to be a miracle worker. Just the adult in the room. At the very least he should have tried. When he finally did ask them to go home they did. Funny how that works.

Anyways enough of this. Like I said if Trump wins again, no big deal. Same with Biden. I would prefer better and younger. But whatever happens will happen.

Old 12-11-2023, 07:14 PM

23,767 posts, read 12,650,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Whole point is he decided to do a rally near the capital. Which you agreed was a bad idea. Then he fires them up and sends them off to the capital building.

That is the problem when you conjure up an angry mob. They usually have a mind of their own.

Regarding what Trump was doing while this was going on. He won't say. There is no record that he contacted anyone. [b]You want to believe[b] he sat there alone in a room and did not watch what was going on at the capital. Seems naive to me. He made no public statements for 2.5 hours. What he should have been doing. Going on national TV calling off the rioters. That should have happened the moment that building was breached. You don't need to be a miracle worker. Just the adult in the room. At the very least he should have tried. When he finally did ask them to go home they did. Funny how that works.

Anyways enough of this. Like I said if Trump wins again, no big deal. Same with Biden. I would prefer better and younger. But whatever happens will happen.
It's not what I believe or not. I wasn't there and all we have is, yet again, anonymous sources saying. He could have been elsewhere for all we know. maybe talking to his chief of staff...we know he did that but I don't know if I had ever seen what time they met or got finished.

Anyway, do you have anything to say about the actual topic in this thread, or are you also trying to highjack it? I get that y'all are too scared to talk about Gonell seeming to have lied to the committee and the media, but maybe you could talk about Johnson?

Old 12-11-2023, 08:14 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,259,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, he did tell them to march and protest peacefully. "Fight like hell" is just a figure of speech when you believe adamantly in something. It doesn't mean resort to violence.
We’ll find out probably in May what the jury believes he meant. Have patience.

Old 12-12-2023, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Yes, as the FBI had already said there were a few one-offs that had plans to go there but had no plans for after they got inside. Unless you're saying the FBI has been lying.
When did the FBI say that?

Not “did they say that”, but when?

Old 12-12-2023, 03:40 AM

34,256 posts, read 18,624,274 times
This guy and all the other false flag FBI drones need to be arrested and jailed. Not innocent, non-violent, UNARMED Jan 6th participants.

Old 12-12-2023, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Show where the FBI had stated that they were changing the results of their investigation?
Answer my question, please. When did the FBI say no one had plans once they breached the Capitol?

A link would be great so we can all see exactly what was said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies