Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 03:07 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,742,217 times

Advertisements

I could be wrong, but I believe there is a way to report inappropriate pictures in reviews on Amazon.

Old 12-11-2023, 03:37 PM

13,413 posts, read 9,945,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
As far as I know, these things are illegal.
And? That matters not, apparently.

I feel like men get the rough end of the stick here.

Does anyone care if an ad has an image of a woman wearing boxers, a woman in a man’s shirt, a man’s hoodie, their boyfriend’s jeans?

If they wear tradesmen’s boots or carry a messenger bag?

It used to be that women wearing pants was the height of obscenity.

When is it going to be ok that not all men wear the exact same uniform of shorts, pants and shirts?

My conservative FIL still gives my husband crap for not having a military haircut. He’s 54 years old and no one cares that his hair is not cut above the collar!

It’s ridiculous.

Old 12-11-2023, 04:15 PM

19,802 posts, read 9,345,163 times
Not just online. I don't have regular or cable TV or a streaming service (just a large collection of DVD's), and at the dentist office today, I saw a Christmas commercial on their TV for a jewelry store that showed two men sharing a real "on the lips" kiss when one gave the other a watch.

Okay, whatever, "no big deal" -- but I was just surprised because I had not seen a Christmas commercial showing that before this year. (But, again, I really do not watch TV except when I am "forced" to do so, so maybe this is 'ho-hum' by now.)

Old 12-11-2023, 04:29 PM

11,773 posts, read 5,785,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
So the people posting their visual reviews were also posting their political affiliations?
Lib/dems are not afraid of other Democrats because they know Democrats toe the line and wouldn't say anything against them whereas as if a conservative posed in such things - it would go viral and everyone would laugh at them.

Old 12-11-2023, 04:40 PM

11,773 posts, read 5,785,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Amen. I don't care about this at all. If I were to see a review like that, I'd just move on like 99% of folks - not get online complaining about how the world's gone crazy. Your rights begin where mine end. I see non-illegal behavior I don't like all the time. It's not worth it to react to stuff like this imo - won't change a thing but it will show those who create reviews like that they're able to live rent free in your head.
This is a discussion forum - are we only allowed to discuss what you deem appropriate?

Old 12-11-2023, 05:11 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,209,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
If you search for women's lingerie on Amazon you should expect photos of pervy, hairy guys? Is that your argument?
What it comes down to is what are you searching for. The algorithms will then keep looking for your preference.

Old 12-11-2023, 05:14 PM

6,646 posts, read 2,961,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
What it comes down to is what are you searching for. The algorithms will then keep looking for your preference.
I mean,..that's what you'd "hope" the algorithm does. But really who knows what humans are feeding it or leaning on it from the other side.

No tinfoil hat, ...but I wouldn't bet the farm on it being independent of its creator's or controller's interests 100%.

Old 12-11-2023, 05:15 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,236,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
No real control over the user posted amazon reviews.

But it is a bit pervy to be peeking through such photo reviews for ladies underwear "for a family member" anyway.

Old 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM

12,963 posts, read 9,481,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I get your point and agree in theory, but you have to consider the next generation. What are we normalizing by allowing this? Do you not care about raising children in a wholesome manner? That’s pretty broad, I admit, but one would think drawing the line at sexual stuff is common sense.
Yes, that's the real issue. A person can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't adversely affect someone else. And a guy taking a selfie while wearing lacy women's underwear, then posting it on what has to be the world's largest online retailer, definitely adversely affects others.

Old 12-11-2023, 05:20 PM

12,963 posts, read 9,481,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
No real control over the user posted amazon reviews.

But it is a bit pervy to be peeking through such photo reviews for ladies underwear "for a family member" anyway.
Supposedly there is. I've posted book reviews on Amazon, and once I hit Send it invariably says something to the effect that "your review will be posted once approved". Whether it's a human reviewing, a computer using AI, or it's all bull I have no idea. But it does indeed take a day or two for the review to show up.

I'd think they be even more careful about such things as underwear reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies