Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2023, 09:34 AM

22,054 posts, read 13,063,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And that easily includes 2 generations (Y and Z) of gullible young adults who must "follow the crowd".

When I read that lesbians, gays and transgenders support Palestine...I was like "What ?"
Do they realize this group would not tolerate their lifestyle ?

It makes no sense to me.
Israelis are considered "white," and Palestinians are considered "people of color," and it's PC to back POC.

It's really that simple (and simplistic).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2023, 09:39 AM

19,277 posts, read 17,154,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
While we completely agree on not removing this book, it's not being opposed for the reasons you claimed. (holocaust denial)

For those in deep denial of anti-semitism on the left, let's take a look at Aretha Franklins Funeral. The guy you can't see is Al Sharpton. If you don't see the leader of the largest anti-jewish hate group in the US, look closer.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aret...4p1DtbanQ7JVPM

Or this, from Huffpo.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ed-re...surrog_n_97784
The issue is not anti-semitism on the left its the denial that it exists on the right. Your examples of Sharpton, his attendance is no surprise seeing the prominence of her father in the church as well as her participation in it. I don't ever recall him being tied to anti-semitism although Farrakhan does get mentioned often.

I'm sure if I spent the time to look there are plenty of Faith Leaders preaching to the right that use disparaging words against those who don't think like they do.I remember when the Catholics were still calling out the Jews over Jesus's death...

Old 12-12-2023, 09:40 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,418,962 times
https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.ne...rt_tT4jyzG.pdf

7% of those surveyed said they "strongly agree" or "tend to agree" that the Holocaust was a myth.

Old 12-12-2023, 10:42 AM

45,529 posts, read 60,771,442 times
Annnd we've transitioned from Holocaust denial to 9/11 conspiracy land.

Old 12-12-2023, 10:45 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,446,377 times
I'm sadly not shocked, with all the misinformation and conspiracy theories floating around all over the internet sadly this is what happens. Education in this country is failing kids and these social media platforms that allow anti-semitic conspiracy theories and other garbage need be reined in. Just sad but hey this is the country we live in. Get yourself a text book from a florida school I'm sure by now deathsantis probably rid them of ww2 history.

Old 12-12-2023, 10:47 AM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,937,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
This year, 3 young Democrats believe the Holocaust is a myth. Last year, 2 young Democrats believed the Holocaust was a myth.

So technically it's true...holocaust denial is growing among young Democrats.
Another Democratic example of the education system!

The don't understand math or history.

The OP is saying only 50% are convinced it is real. 30% are ambivalent and 20% think its probably false.

Old 12-12-2023, 10:48 AM

3,750 posts, read 1,449,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Funny thing, it's mostly the Jews that have funded what is now the current democrat party as well as the colleges and media, so they have nobody to blame but themselves.
This is so true btw. Sadly alot of white liberal reformed Jews from NYC and LA did not know BLM and black liberation was aligned with Palestinian causes. Yes blm and black liberation knows nazism is bad, but when it comes to Palestine, BLM and black liberation is siding with Palestine even though many extreme ideologies that harmed Jews such as nazism communism and baathism are all aligned with pro Palestinian movements. Btw nazism baathism and communism are all products of Marxism.

When George Floyd died. Plenty of media and a academia spaces were all down and in for Floyd.

Old 12-12-2023, 10:52 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,418,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Another Democratic example of the education system!

The don't understand math or history.

The OP is saying only 50% are convinced it is real. 30% are ambivalent and 20% think its probably false.
Not even close to accurate numbers, though.

https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.ne...rt_tT4jyzG.pdf

Page 103.

Old 12-12-2023, 12:09 PM

39,892 posts, read 26,574,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
https://www.economist.com/united-sta...aust-is-a-myth

One in five young Americans thinks the Holocaust is a myth

Dec 7th 2023 | WASHINGTON, DC

On december 5th, for over five hours, lawmakers grilled the presidents of elite universities in a congressional hearing about antisemitism on college campuses. In one of the testiest exchanges a Republican congresswoman, Elise Stefanik, asked whether “calling for the genocide of Jews” violates university rules. It is “context-dependent”, replied Liz Magill, the president of the University of Pennsylvania. Clips of the exchange went viral on X, formerly Twitter. Yad Vashem, a Holocaust museum and research centre, issued a condemnation and stressed the importance of “raising awareness about the history of antisemitism and the Holocaust”.
20% think the Holocaust is a myth? I bet that there is a lot of intersectionality with the ones that can't tell the difference between a male and a female.

Old 12-12-2023, 12:16 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,416,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
This year, 3 young Democrats believe the Holocaust is a myth. Last year, 2 young Democrats believed the Holocaust was a myth.

So technically it's true...holocaust denial is growing among young Democrats.
well... the actual number, based on American demographics, and the linked poll, would suggest somewhere in the neighborhood of 8,000,000 to 10,000,000 Americans deny the Holocaust....

TWO THIRDS OF THAT NUMBER ARE DEMOCRATS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies