Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2023, 06:05 AM

30,211 posts, read 11,870,152 times

Advertisements

Whenever illegal immigration is talked about on here or the millions of "migrants" crossing the border the left on here is mostly silent.

But I want to hear directly from those who voted for Biden and will vote for him again. Are you fine with how Biden has handled the border situation? What do you want to see done differently if anything?

Of all of politics this might be the best example of the difference between the left and right. I don't see any justification in how Biden has handled this situation. States and cities are overrun and feds seem to be doing little to deal with it. We have millions now that will take away precious resources from US citizens, make cities more crowded and housing more scarce. And the buck does stop with Biden on this. But what say you, democrats?

Old 12-12-2023, 06:13 AM

4,239 posts, read 2,475,504 times
Both the "left" and the "right" are fully complicit in this invasion. Neither are willing to do anything significant about this free-for-all of illegals flowing across the border, do not fool yourself.

Old 12-12-2023, 06:13 AM

35,769 posts, read 21,130,870 times
Each admin screws up the border situation - but mostly I blame Congress. They hold the money and can fix certain things… but they didn’t the 15 yrs I worked for DHS and still have not today.

Old 12-12-2023, 06:15 AM

6,844 posts, read 9,395,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Both the "left" and the "right" are fully complicit in this invasion. Neither are willing to do anything significant about this free-for-all of illegals flowing across the border, do not fool yourself.
“The right” can’t really do anything at the federal level right now and when various leaders on “the right” try to do something to help their states, like Governor Abbott and the water barrier on the Rio Grande, Democrats fight tooth and nail on behalf of illegal aliens.

Old 12-12-2023, 06:35 AM

5,178 posts, read 3,786,323 times
I would support sending the 78000 new IRS agents to the border with very large guns and a large supply of ammo.

Old 12-12-2023, 07:09 AM

9,493 posts, read 5,273,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Each admin screws up the border situation - but mostly I blame Congress. They hold the money and can fix certain things… but they didn’t the 15 yrs I worked for DHS and still have not today.
And that is SQUARELY where the blame lies. The do-nothing congress.
(I also worked for DHS for 15 yrs, both the enforcement and benefits.)

Old 12-12-2023, 07:12 AM

35,769 posts, read 21,130,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
And that is SQUARELY where the blame lies. The do-nothing congress.
(I also worked for DHS for 15 yrs, both the enforcement and benefits.)
Finally - someone who understands it’s not one person’s responsibility! Thank you brother! Sister .. lol

Old 12-12-2023, 07:27 AM

57,409 posts, read 26,328,118 times
There is some border security money in the current budget proposal but I don't expect it to amount to much. Congress needs to either change the immigration laws or add more funding to they address the current surge.

Old 12-12-2023, 08:00 AM

5,998 posts, read 2,253,001 times
I don't see anything changing with the border besides perhaps more deportations regardless of who is President. Changes have to come from Congress, the President has tools they can use but nothing close to filling in the role of Congress.

I don't think it will change much until the issues within Congress are addressed. They get too much of their campaign money from corporations that benefit from the current immigration system. The cost to run a campaign is astronomical in many parts of the US so Congress is not going to move until Campaign finance reform is complete.

Many of the issue we pawn off on the President (whoever is in the position) is really the purview of Congress. We have become so accustomed to a broken Congress that we don't even bother asking them to do anything anymore, so we are now treating and asking Presidents to perform duties as if they are a King to accomidate. Dangerous ground we are treading on.

Old 12-12-2023, 08:05 AM

29,597 posts, read 14,737,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Employment verification does appear to become pointless when this administration is just allowing anyone to come through our once sovereign borders under the guise of "amnesty". If we can't do our due diligence from the get-go by keeping the border from being a free-for-all, how can we count on employment verification to work or curb the tidal wave of illegal immigration? Remain in Mexico was working just fine compared to our new reality.
What happened to the "Migrant Protection Protocols" program ? At least it was keeping many of these individuals out of our country, and not draining our system. At least until their "asylum" claim was reviewed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies