Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 03:40 PM

16,591 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Hey man, Jill needs something to do too.

I'll be honest though, it wasn't terrible. I was expecting something much much worse.

A Christmas themed tap dance number inspired by the Nutcracker.
It was on par with seeing the Rockettes or a classic Broadway show, imho.

It reminded me of the old Gene Kelly/Ginger rogers type stuff( albeit not as good) and it wouldn't be out of place back then.

Maybe if the Rockettes were men dressed as women and everything else as non-traditional as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Honestly, this is a little showy and weird, but the only thing about this that deserves mockery is the guy in the flower hat and whoever made him wear it.
So the guy in the pig hat (among other weird things) didn't catch your attention?

Old 12-14-2023, 03:42 PM

14,483 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
So the guy in the pig hat (among other weird things) didn't catch your attention?

Are you going to make me watch it again?

Old 12-14-2023, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Are you going to make me watch it again?
You can, but I am sure not going to.
Heck, I didn't even realize there was music playing at first (needing to unmute it), thus watching it without sound for a bit. It helped me to focus on some of the subtle weirdness like guys wearing earrings and nose rings.

Old 12-14-2023, 03:52 PM

10,022 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Wasn't that guy the Rat King?

Old 12-14-2023, 03:59 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:

Maybe if the Rockettes were men dressed as women and everything else as non-traditional as possible.
The Rockettes have a bit where they are Toy Soldiers( male uniform) and do their famous topple over thingie.

Were there like trans trans in this White house thing? I didn't notice. Like if some buff Drag dude came out spitting glitter on an elf's bum, that'd be a bit much

I'm trying to be fair, man! I love musicals. If this came out in the 80's and Elton John in a cape was rocking on a Candy Cane piano, I am sure I'd just roll with it.

But in today's climate and repeated cringe pandering it is difficult to not have that lens anymore. Especially knowing their agenda and often Obvious reasons they pick certain choices, it is easy to view this as, " Oh look, 'A very Woke Christmas', of course.

Maybe you can call it projection but I dunno, there is a list of evidence that tells me it is not.
It's like the same pattern. Movies like the scooby-doo, Velma travesty or Wheel of Time. Same level of cringe. Where they put the agenda above all else and wonder why people roll their eyes.

Old 12-14-2023, 04:08 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post

It reminded me of the old Gene Kelly/Ginger rogers type stuff( albeit not as good) and it wouldn't be out of place back then.
Not in anyway does it. Please. How insulting to two entertainment legends.

I think they need to release an equally tacky, trashy, and insulting ad to (dis) "honor" Hanakkuh.

i wonder why they have not done that? Just this disgusting one aimed at Christians. Hmmm.

Old 12-14-2023, 04:20 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Not in anyway does it. Please. How insulting to two entertainment legends.

I think they need to release an equally tacky, trashy, and insulting ad to (dis) "honor" Hanakkuh.

i wonder why they have not done that? Just this disgusting one aimed at Christians. Hmmm.
I said "not as good! "

It's a dance number. If 'That's Entertainment' was still being made, I can see them including stuff like this in their montage. It IS dance. the art of Dance. I certainly don't agree with their politics but that's just where 'art' is nowadays unfortunately.

Change all the dancers to white and in suits throw some Glen Miller in there and it is just as goofy as some Donald O'Connor bit. But again, I am not saying these dancers are even close to the talent of them.

Old 12-14-2023, 04:35 PM

13,735 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
these people are not even good....they are pathetic....did we pay for this and who's idea was it?

https://twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/1735074586721468855

Likely someone who lives in a woke bubble. Biden is facing an uphill battle for reelection next year and this is what the WH produces for Christmas.

Not suggesting it's a disaster. However, is the target audience the United States as whole or the elites in deep blue pockets?

All that was missing was the Black woman in the aqua green dress wearing a moustache.

Old 12-14-2023, 04:35 PM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
That is a fair assessment. Other than the "adult only wine-sipping crowd" (lol) which is not group specific, did you feel she'd been pandering to certain groups? Or did you feel that her ads were aimed at everyone?

I don't have any complaints with how the dancers danced. I think they did a pretty good job, tap dancing is not as easy as it looks.
No it’s not a specific group but that is the point of it all. Neither was made for a specific group. What we are doing is attempting to shoehorn them into specific groups to fit our personal bias. That sums up what I see when it comes to both.

To be honest if I took the decorations from both WH and put them in a mall with no label as to which WH they came from, I bet both would be liked by all the political extremest that are falling over themselves to criticize them. Kids would love both and that is good enough for me.

I think all this complaining about the decorations is BS. No really cares much about this stuff outside of bored political junkies, I do include myself in that political junkie group. This is my third post about this stupid topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies