Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 08:29 AM

4,557 posts, read 3,756,246 times

Advertisements

Israel has enough money and resources to use precise munitions - why drop "dumb" bombs in the most densely populated area on Earth? So you can maybe hit the Hamas terrorist in an apartment building and take out the entire family including the kids in the next apartment building?

Asked for comment on the assessment, IDF spokesperson Nir Dinar told CNN, “We do not address the type of munitions used.”

Major Keren Hajioff, an Israeli spokesperson, said on Wednesday that “as a military committed to international law and a moral code of conduct, we are devoting vast resources to minimizing harm to the civilians that Hamas has forced into the role of human shields. Our war is against Hamas, not against the people of Gaza.”

But experts told CNN that if Israel is using unguided muni
tions at the rate the US believes they are, that undercuts the Israeli claim that they are trying to minimize civilian casualties.

Nearly half of the Israeli munitions dropped on Gaza are imprecise ‘dumb bombs,’ US intelligence assessment finds
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/13/polit...aza/index.html

Old 12-15-2023, 08:38 AM

6,672 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Hey man, gotta use up the Milk that is almost expired before using the newer ones.

'Dumb' just means unguided. It doesn't speak to the intensity of it, so even if they 'precisely' hit an apartment building holding a Hamas leader that next building may very well get damaged too.

Maybe they are using the dumb ones when it is safer to do in certain areas and then use the Guided ones for when it is more dense. Who knows.

I don't think there is any 'Malice' involved. maybe more situational.

Old 12-15-2023, 08:43 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
The rate of "dumb" bombs used in the bombings of Berlin and Tokyo were 100 percent. Oh well. It had to be done and it was done. Hey, Hamas: you start a war, you reap the rewards.

Old 12-15-2023, 08:43 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Israel wouldn't need to drop any bombs on Gaza Hamas if the October 7th attack hadn't happened. Don't want to be bombed? DON'T attack other countries. Why does that even have to be explained?

Old 12-15-2023, 08:44 AM

21,145 posts, read 19,729,843 times
Did Palestinians use "smart" bombs when they invaded Israel and raped, tortured, killed, and kidnapped Jews?

Old 12-15-2023, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Israel wouldn't need to drop any bombs on Gaza Hamas if the October 7th attack hadn't happened. Don't want to be bombed? DON'T attack other countries. Why does that even have to be explained?
Because as a regular citizen minding my own business, going to work, paying my bills and raising my kids in a honest manner, I don't want to be bombed when I have no part in government or voting the current leader in place. How does that even have to be explained?

Old 12-15-2023, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
Because as a regular citizen minding my own business, going to work, paying my bills and raising my kids in a honest manner, I don't want to be bombed when I have no part in government or voting the current leader in place. How does that even have to be explained?
Then, perhaps, DON'T elect Hamas to run your government as the Gazans did.

Old 12-15-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Then, perhaps, DON'T elect Hamas to run your government as the Gazans did.
Let me repeat what I said with a bold part:

Old 12-15-2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:

The Gazans ELECTED Hamas to be their government. They ARE directly involved in selecting a known terrorist organization to act on their behalf.

Old 12-15-2023, 09:05 AM

6,672 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:

Quote:
The Gazans ELECTED Hamas to be their government. They ARE directly involved in selecting a known terrorist organization to act on their behalf.

It is War. Every war probably had people that wanted no part of it and are just unfortunate to be of the side that engaged in it.

Those people that were too young to vote are grown up now and are the very generation that took part in the Oct 7th massacre, unless we think it was all a bunch of 40 to 50 year olds swooping in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies