Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 10:49 AM

10 posts, read 3,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
He isnt doing that.
Why yes, yes he is. Now answer the question.

Is it treason for Biden and Democrats to bring foreign nationals into American cities? Stop deflecting from Invasion Joe's policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2024, 10:55 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Not sure if this will get tossed or not. But the article does say that Migrants were loaded up by Order of Texas, shipped to NYC, and off-loaded without notice to NYC. I wonder if that would give grounds to the state to sue Texas directly for the cost of taking migrants sent without notice to the state.

I wonder if all this is just setting up for a lawsuit by NYC and if they are "exhausting" all other remedies before that lawsuit. Would be interesting to hear a few lawyers point of view on this because it seems like a step of many NYC is planning.

Old 01-05-2024, 10:59 AM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
So, these people scraped together their life's savings to make a devil's deal with cartels and human traffickers; hiked across thousands of miles of deserts, mountains, jungles; forded streams and rivers; suffered weeks of exposure to the elements; were often abused, raped, even sold into servitude, etc... and Mayor Adams think they did all this because they were just that desperate to settle in Boar's Balls County in the dustiest armpit of Texas?

LOL.....hammer ===== nail

Old 01-05-2024, 11:00 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Not sure if this will get tossed or not. But the article does say that Migrants were loaded up by Order of Texas, shipped to NYC, and off-loaded without notice to NYC. I wonder if that would give grounds to the state to sue Texas directly for the cost of taking migrants sent without notice to the state.

I wonder if all this is just setting up for a lawsuit by NYC and if they are "exhausting" all other remedies before that lawsuit. Would be interesting to hear a few lawyers point of view on this because it seems like a step of many NYC is planning.
1) Since they are under no travel restrictions, Texas offering a free bus ride and having them sign waivers would seem to protect them as they are just facilitating desired travel.

Anyone should be able to willing aid in travel to anyone as they are legally allowed in the country which would include you or I if we chose to give a van ride to migrants from Texas to wherever.

In short NYC cannot dictate where the migrants move to if offered free tickets.

2) NYC's sanctuary status, having not been revoked would seem to work against any complaints or arguments. Basically, can't argue out of both sides of your mouth.

Old 01-05-2024, 11:19 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow, where did you see that before? I'd never heard it, just made it up this morning.
I smell plagiarism here.

Don't worry though, you still have 49 more counts to go before you are disqualified from being the president of Harvard.

Old 01-05-2024, 11:33 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I smell plagiarism here.

Don't worry though, you still have 49 more counts to go before you are disqualified from being the president of Harvard.
Might be a version of verbal convergent evolution but it wasn't plagarism, just popped in my head today.

I just googled it, not seeing the phrase commonly used before.

Old 01-05-2024, 11:38 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Might be a version of verbal convergent evolution but it wasn't plagarism, just popped in my head today.

I just googled it, not seeing the phrase commonly used before.
I thought you were referring to the Mike Tyson quote, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face."

A great quote, IMHO.

If not, please accept my apologies.

Old 01-05-2024, 11:45 AM

6,671 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Well, nobody gave Texas any warning or notice when these 'migrants' invaded their State. So NYC is just dealing with it as though they, themselves, were a border town.

Also, in NYC , as a Sanctuary City, they are not compelled to divulge legal status. So it should not matter to NYC if they are citizens or not. So there is no basis to sue a Bus company for doing its job.

Old 01-05-2024, 12:39 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:

It’s wonderful that the Biden Administration is giving Texas a head up when they are sending ten of thousands migrants across the border from Mexico to Texas every month

Oh wait!

Old 01-05-2024, 01:03 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
FYI folks....DHS also puts barcode bracelets on the illegals during processing.

Page 6...Eagle Pass processing center..
Those 14,000 that arrived at Eagle Pass are long gone

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...d-Facility.pdf
During the initial receiving procedure at the facility, detainees were issued a bracelet that was placed on their wrists. Detainees would wear the bracelet throughout the duration oftheir stay. Contractors or agents would scan the bracelets equipped with a bar code to account for a specific custodial action.

APIP is an application used for detainee roll call, property accountability, and amenities tracking.
It also helps with shift change accountability, property inventory, detainee movement, property
movement, and detainee identification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies