Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 08:50 AM

6,751 posts, read 6,756,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
Up until our attacks, the Houthi attacks didn't result in loss of life. They fired warning shots at a few ships, took over one. But killed no one. This is time for a diplomatic, not military solution.

If you want to prove how tough you're, don't live vicariously through the American military. Find someone on the street and fight them. I for one am tired of these wasteful military escapades, let's try diplomatic resolutions (and issuing threats is not good diplomacy).
Diplomatic solution with the Houthis? Not even the king of modern appeasement Tony Blinken is suggesting that.

The Houhtis are absolutely a criminal organization with a sworn hatred of America, just like their Iranian sponsors. They don't even have full support for the Zaydi Muslims they're supposed to represent due to their links to Iran and interpretation of Zaydi principles.

Also, those weren't "warning shots", they injured U.S. soldiers and disrupted commerce. These are a barbaric people with barbaric enemies, they don't speak diplomacy. What's important for us is not just keeping up the military pressure, but to keep the barbarism over there by not taking in Yemeni refugees. Germany has learned from their mistake with the Syrian refugees and it's not like these groups are going to stop fighting each other anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2024, 08:50 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,519,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are willingly repeating Muslim anti-Israel / anti-US propaganda.

U.S. 5th Fleet CO: Houthi Strikes Not Just Targeting Israel-Affiliated Ships
https://news.usni.org/2024/01/04/u-s...filiated-ships
The last dozen Houthi attacks on merchant traffic in the Red Sea have not targeted ships linked to or heading to or from Israel, in contrast to claims from the Iranian-backed group, the U.S. Naval Forces Central Command told reporters Thursday.

Who are the Houthis and why are they attacking Red Sea ships?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67614911
The Houthis say they are targeting ships which are Israeli-owned, flagged or operated, or which are heading to Israeli ports. However, many have no connections with Israel.
Major shipping companies have stopped using the Red Sea - through which almost 15% of global seaborne trade usually passes - and are using a much longer route around southern Africa instead.

Houthi rebels strike a US-owned ship off the coast of Yemen in the Gulf of Aden, raising tensions
https://apnews.com/article/houthis-u...81e6ac1b772610
Private security firms Ambrey and Dryad Global told The Associated Press that the vessel was the Eagle Gibraltar, a Marshall Islands-flagged bulk carrier. The U.S. military’s Central Command later acknowledged the strike.

“The ship has reported no injuries or significant damage and is continuing its journey,” Central Command said.
Like I said, give me a specific ship, it's name. And I will show you a link to Israel, US, or UK. Citing US propaganda as a source is not interesting to me. Ship name please.

Old 01-17-2024, 08:55 AM

27,282 posts, read 13,548,733 times
Quote:
Yea, and you believe them? Houthis have stepped up attacks. International shipping is still not going through the red sea.
I do believe the military analysts and respected publications and broadcasters such as 'The Times'.

Whilst the Houthi's may still be able to launch attacks, the levels of equipment will have been depleted by what were significant strikes using advanced weaponry.

As for China I think you will find they have called for an end to all attacks on shipping i the region, and have ships in the region, and it's China's trade with the West that will be among the hardest hit in relation to disruption in the Red Sea and Suez, and this will have a knock on effect in terns of the Chinese economy.

Old 01-17-2024, 08:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
Quote:
Like I said, give me a specific ship, it's name. And I will show you a link to Israel, US, or UK. Citing US propaganda as a source is not interesting to me. Ship name please.
I just did, but clearly I'm wasting my time because you'll stick with the Muslim propaganda, and reject everything else as "US propaganda".

Have a nice day.

Old 01-17-2024, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I just did, but clearly I'm wasting my time because you'll stick with the Muslim propaganda, and reject everything else as "US propaganda".

Have a nice day.
I don't see a specific ship name, cite it here.

Old 01-17-2024, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
As for China I think you will find they have called for an end to all attacks on shipping i the region, and have ships in the region, and it's China's trade with the West that will be among the hardest hit in relation to disruption in the Red Sea and Suez, and this will have a knock on effect in terns of the Chinese economy.
Cite the Chinese statement here.

Old 01-17-2024, 09:01 AM

27,282 posts, read 13,548,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Diplomatic solution with the Houthis? Not even the king of modern appeasement Tony Blinken is suggesting that.

The Houhtis are absolutely a criminal organization with a sworn hatred of America, just like their Iranian sponsors. They don't even have full support for the Zaydi Muslims they're supposed to represent due to their links to Iran and interpretation of Zaydi principles.

Also, those weren't "warning shots", they injured U.S. soldiers and disrupted commerce. These are a barbaric people with barbaric enemies, they don't speak diplomacy. What's important for us is not just keeping up the military pressure, but to keep the barbarism over there by not taking in Yemeni refugees. Germany has learned from their mistake with the Syrian refugees and it's not like these groups are going to stop fighting each other anytime soon.

The Houthi's are largely responsible for the Yemeni Civil War (2014 – Present).

An Islamic civil war which has so far seen:

* 377,000+ people killed overall (150,000+ from violence) (2014–2021) (UN)

* 85,000 Yemeni children dead from starvation (2015–2018) (Save the Children)

* 4 million people cumulatively displaced (2015–2020) (UNHCR)

Everyone also knows that it's the Iranians that are pulling the strings in relation to the Houthi's and that the conflict is part of a larger narrative related to the supposed enemies of Iran in relation to the Saudi's, Israel, US and West etc.

Old 01-17-2024, 09:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
Quote:
I don't see a specific ship name, cite it here.
I did, and you ignored it.

Feel free to believe anything you want. Why should I care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I do believe the military analysts and respected publications and broadcasters such as 'The Times'.

Whilst the Houthi's may still be able to launch attacks, the levels of equipment will have been depleted by what were significant strikes using advanced weaponry.
The Houthis don't have much equipment, so of course hitting 60 targets puts a dent in their inventory

Old 01-17-2024, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I did, and you ignored it.

Feel free to believe anything you want. Why should I care
I don't see a specific ship name. Instead of replying "I ignored it", it would be faster and more productive to just cite the ship name instead of 3 worthless articles talking in generalities. If you're interested in the truth then cite the ship.

Old 01-17-2024, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post

Who is the criminal organization responsible for more deaths and misery around the world, us or the Houthis? At least the Houthis are sticking to things in their own backyard.

The USA is responsible for many more violations of international law than the Houthis. In fact, we killed many Yemenis during the civil war by blocking all access to the port of Hudaydah, in our effort to keep the Houthis from taking control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies