Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 06:55 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,508,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
'Under federal law, private sellers not looking to turn a profit and who "only make occasional sales of firearms from (a) personal collection" do not have to run buyers through a background check system, according to the ATF. The private seller exemption is often referred to as the "gun-show loophole," which is an overly vague term that fails to capture the complexity of the law.'

LINK

In this state. No background check required with sale of gun at gun show if gun is sold by a private person.

Don't let facts get in the way of your misinformed opinions.
but you are playing semantics......

ORGANIZED GUN SHOWS, the shows them selves, MUST be FFL, and MUST do a background check

now, what private individuals do on the side... HAS ZERO TO DO WITH GUN SHOWS........ NO ONE CAN PREVENT.... NOT ONE, NOR 100 LAWS will stop that.......................... that is NOT a loophole

Old 01-14-2024, 08:02 PM

10,778 posts, read 5,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You're right, you brought up chamber/throat, which you we the only one to bring that up.
Um, no. GuyNTexas and I were having a rather spirited discussion about it. Do try to keep up. . .

Quote:
I brought up case deminsion because you cannot prove to me or anyone else the difference between 5.56 and .223 brass.
Why would you expect me to prove that there is a difference between the two, when I never claimed that there was a difference between the two? A difference between the chamberings (which there is) and a difference between the brass (which there isn’t) IS NOT the same thing. I did claim the first (and I’m right). I didn’t claim the second.

Quote:
That's the entire point of our discussion. There is zero difference, you can talk about .223 vs. 5.56, in the end let me ask you 1 extremely easy question:

If I have to reload 5.56 brass, what bullet should I get?
They use the same bullets, and I’ve never said otherwise. But that doesn’t mean that they have the same chamber dimensions. They don’t.

You do understand the difference between bore diameter, and case dimensions, don’t you? Because it’s not at all clear that you do.

This isn’t even a question, so I’m still baffled what sort of Gotcha you think you’ve come up with. You’re like a 13 year old that’s just figured out that a .38 Special doesn’t shoot .38 caliber bullets, and you seem to think that is some sort of special secret info that only you know, and now you’re trying to trip up others with your special knowledge.

Come up with something that I’ve actually said that you think is wrong, and let’s discuss. Otherwise, what is the point that you’re trying to make?

Old 01-14-2024, 08:08 PM

10,778 posts, read 5,694,213 times
Quote:
'Under federal law, private sellers not looking to turn a profit and who "only make occasional sales of firearms from (a) personal collection" do not have to run buyers through a background check system, according to the ATF. The private seller exemption is often referred to as the "gun-show loophole," which is an overly vague term that fails to capture the complexity of the law.'

LINK

In this state. No background check required with sale of gun at gun show if gun is sold by a private person.

You seem confused, so re-read my post that you quoted. I’m 100% correct. The laws at gun shows are exactly the same as the laws outside of gunshows. If some wish to call that a loophole, I can’t stop them, but it isn’t a loophole. Remember, laws are the same in and out of gun shows.

As to the highlight above, that’s the same with private sales outside of gun shows. No difference. And no loophole.

The only one here that’s misinformed is you. Sorry.

Old 01-15-2024, 03:25 AM

27,164 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Quote:

LINK

A private sale has nothing to do with whether it is at a Gun Show or not.
"Gun Show loophole" is nothing but a political rhetoric term.

Old 01-15-2024, 05:29 AM

8,272 posts, read 11,006,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but you are playing semantics......
ORGANIZED GUN SHOWS, the shows them selves, MUST be FFL, and MUST do a background check
Fact still remains.

Guns can be purchased at Gun Shows WITHOUT a background check.

It IS the gunshow loophole.

Some are incesssently in a stage of denial.

Old 01-15-2024, 06:31 AM

11,148 posts, read 10,721,873 times
Quote:
Fact still remains.

Yes, you are. There is no loophole. Private purchases are private purchases, and are regulated the same at a gun show, at your house, or in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Old 01-15-2024, 06:35 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,388,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
"That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and their own state, or the United States, or for the purpose of killing game; and no law shall be passed for disarming the people or any of them..."""-- James Madison

the 2nd amendment is very specific...the RIGHT of the PEOPLE shall not be INFRINGED

yes there ARE EXCEPTIONS:
yes if convicted of a crime you would lose that right..just like a felon loses the right to vote

yes if you are COMMITTED to an institution because you are a danger to society you would lose that right....as the gun man in CT SHOULD have been...but because liberals say that institutions are 'in-humane', we have a major problem of people with mental illness walking right next to us

""" the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed""""

keep= own
bear= carry

the right of the PEOPLE to own and carry arms shall not be infringed

the point is that you could BAN all guns COMPLETELY, and it wont stop something like this

it wont stop criminals and gangs from having guns...especially the ALREADY SEVERELY REGULATED assault FULL automatic gins like an UZI

thinks about this

Cocaine is COMPLETELY ILLEGAL.....competely BANNED.......even in the smallest amounts....yet we have a severe cocaine dealing problem

every year our agencies SIEZE over 150,000 KILOGRAMS of cocaine a year...and that is only about 1% of what is smuggled into the USA yearly.

1.5 million United States residents use cocaine at least once per month -a number that has remained relatively unchanged over the past decade, even though it is completely illegal, and their is a so-called "war on drugs"

New York and Delaware were the two states with the highest percentage of cocaine treatment admissions to hospitals and rehab facilities. For New York, that number was 212 admissions per 100,000 residents aged 12 or older.

banning guns will do NOTHING to prevent what happened..it will only BOLDEN the gangs and crooks because they will be the ones with the guns

BANNING GUNS gets more COPS and innocent civilians KILLED

lenin said this...."A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the people"

"Gun registration is not enough. Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms is the goal." Janet Reno

"This year will go down in history. For the first time,
a civilised nation has full gun registration!
Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient,
and the world will follow our lead into the future!" Adolf Hitler

we all understand the liberal (progressive fascist) point

take the guns away from the people so the government isnt affraid of the people revolting
"BANNING GUNS" makes many on the left "feel good"

As we have seen over and over how they "feel", is all that matters!

Old 01-15-2024, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
The 2A states: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I agree with what you just said above, that there definitely are, and definitely should be, exceptions to that general idea.

For example, the exception of certain classes of arms (such as nuclear arms). And the exception of certain classes of people: minors, violent felons, the insane or mentally ill or unstable, the irresponsible, etc.

That's why I hold that a license requirement for AR-15 ownership, with certain requirements needing to be met, should not be interpreted as an unconstitutional law, in my view. Because, as you just said, there are exceptions to that 2A right, which has been well held up in court. It is definitely not an unlimited, blank check for anything and everything is your right/the government can't regulate anything, and, it absolutely should not be that.
"That's why I hold that a license requirement for AR-15 ownership"

How many times does it have to be said, the AR is NO DIFFERENT then ANY other semi?

You don't ban things because of the way they look!

"and definitely should be, exceptions to that general idea."

And many other anti gunners say the same and NEVER try to amend the 2nd Amendment, which is what it takes.

Why do you think that is?

Old 01-15-2024, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You fight against your own arguments with statements such as this.
Especially when we have all the quotes from our Founding Fathers on the issue.

Old 01-15-2024, 06:50 AM
Status: "Hello Darlin, Nice to see you - Conway Twitty" (set 17 days ago)

791 posts, read 378,070 times
Quote:
Fact still remains.

You can get charged with a felony if you are in the business of selling firearms and do not abide by rules. You can also go to federal prison and get killed in federal prison. You can also see an old friend at the same gun show when he decides to sell a gun under the table that is used in shooting a cop at a hotel.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/local/inm...emark/1860587/

It is no loophole, you cannot buy from a firearms dealer at a gun show - the guys with the tables, without going through a background check. Could you by a firearm from another patron who decides they want to sell it in a discussion with you? Yes. I would never sell a firearm without a background check for pure liability reasons unless it was to family or friends.

There is no loophole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies