Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 09:20 PM

17,737 posts, read 6,977,253 times

Advertisements

Preface to this post: I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020. I am a Ron DeSantis supporter in 2024. Why? Because Trump failed miserably in his COVID response, because Trump did not seal the border (yes, I understand he was opposed every step of the way by the Democrats), and because Trump can only serve another term and we need a long term solution to the problem of the Democrat Party.

So, it now appears that Trump will be the GOP nominee, and he will face Joe Biden. The Biden administration is an existential threat to our country. Anyone that understands what is happening at the border, in eastern Europe, in the Middle East, and with our economy can connect the dots and realize that the Democrat/Biden plan is to destroy the country as we know it and ensure the left remains in charge in perpetuity.

All of that said, here is my message to you. You wanted Trump, who already lost to Biden. You wanted Trump, who failed us with the pandemic, failed at the border, and most importantly failed to win re-election against the Marxists who are presently succeeding at destroying the country.

Now that Trump will be the GOP nominee, each and every one of you has a responsibility to make sure that he wins. Blabbering on this message board isn't enough. Posting videos of DeSantis getting a participation trophy isn't enough. High fiving the latest mean tweet isn't enough. You are responsible for Trump, and you need to make sure he wins. That means real work. That means knocking on doors, that means phone banking, that meaning donating financially, that means doing more than sitting on your ass and slamming anyone who disagrees with Trump, whether they are conservative or liberal.

Biden has an abysmal record with approval ratings in the 30s. Anyone without Trump's baggage could have easily beaten him, yet you made sure Trump was the nominee. So if Biden wins again, it is 100% on YOU and nobody else. You should probably make sure that doesn't happen.

Are you up for the challenge? Are you actually going to put in the necessary work to end the Biden regime? I'd like to think so, but I doubt it.

Last edited by RowingFiend; 01-18-2024 at 09:49 PM..

Old 01-18-2024, 09:43 PM

6,066 posts, read 3,784,216 times
I feel pretty much the same as you do about having Trump as the Pub nominee. If he gets elected... fine. If he doesn't, we're screwed royally.

I think that DeSantis would have been the better nominee and perhaps even a better President, but that's unlikely to happen now unless Trump gets sent to prison or something, which I'm NOT wishing for.

We might have one other thing that MIGHT save us if Trump loses, and that would be if the Pubs could take the House and the Senate in the election this fall. That way, Biden/Harris/Obama may have the White House, but the Pubs would be in charge of passing new laws, but that still wouldn't stop the executive orders from the Pres.

Old 01-18-2024, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I feel pretty much the same as you do about having Trump as the Pub nominee. If he gets elected... fine. If he doesn't, we're screwed royally.

I think that DeSantis would have been the better nominee and perhaps even a better President, but that's unlikely to happen now unless Trump gets sent to prison or something, which I'm NOT wishing for.

We might have one other thing that MIGHT save us if Trump loses, and that would be if the Pubs could take the House and the Senate in the election this fall. That way, Biden/Harris/Obama may have the White House, but the Pubs would be in charge of passing new laws, but that still wouldn't stop the executive orders from the Pres.
I don't think the Republicans taking Congress saves us at all. There are too many sellouts and establishmentarians. The Senate is a disaster. Out of 50 Republican Senators, maybe 20 are not awful.

Old 01-18-2024, 10:15 PM

13,550 posts, read 4,333,114 times
Flawed post.

1) How did Trump "failed miserably" during Covid? You wanted him to find a cure? did he send the military to every state to throw people in jail and lock them in their home? What exactly you wanted Trump to do, come to your house and tug you in bed and sing you a song? ok

2) We are a nation of laws and a court system and there is a process for deportation that is beyond Trump or any President. This is how it is and President DeSantis will have the same issues like Trump.

3) Yeah, Trump barely "lost" to Biden in 2020 with a lot of irregularities and the pandemic but he is beating by a mile all in the Republican field including DeSantis and is beating Biden in all battleground state polls when DeSantis is losing to Biden. Ron is losing to Trump and Biden and you still want Ron to be the nominee? LOL.

4) Ron never competed in a national election. He barely beat Gillum in Florida by a hair by 0.4%. We wouldn't be talking about Ron today if he lost in 2018 to Gillum and he beat a has been in Crist like he should have but you think that's enough to be the nominee? LOL. He is losing to Trump and Biden. Losing by 30 points to Trump is a sign that Ron will compete in the general? ok

5) If you think is that easy to be the nominee then why Trump is beating everybody in the party by a mile? Why Ron himself is losing to Trump by a mile? You say anybody can beat Biden but they can't beat Trump? Yeah that makes sense.

6) This is settled in the booth. Nobody is giving it to Trump. He is earning it by winning. Ron was given a chance to dethrone Trump and he failed badly. So why are you upset that Trump is doing what he has to do to be #47?

6) There's nothing anybody can do in this forum to change the outcome of the election in 9 months. Everybody here has a mind of their own and they will vote how the feel. Nobody is going to come here to be told how to vote.

Old 01-18-2024, 10:36 PM

3,298 posts, read 3,955,760 times
I'm voting for whomever the Republican candidate is.

Old 01-18-2024, 10:39 PM

30,538 posts, read 19,279,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Me too, I'll vote for DeSantis in the primary but I'd take any of the Repubs including Trump over Biden. I also like Vivek. I would vote for Haley over Biden as well.

Old 01-18-2024, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Same, but there might not be enough of us with Trump as the nominee.

Old 01-18-2024, 11:03 PM

13,550 posts, read 4,333,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Same, but there might not be enough of us with Trump as the nominee.

and you speak for the "enough of us". Your candidate is losing to Trump by a mile but you still want Ron as a nominee. If there might not be enough votes for Trump, there sure is NO votes for Ron. Your candidate is losing the primary by 30+ points. I think I stay with Trump. A lot better odds than Ron or anybody with a R on their name.

Old 01-19-2024, 01:22 AM

11,855 posts, read 8,074,133 times
I will agree that Trump overall has better odds than Ron in the nominee votes.. ..but in the presidential election, Trump will draw the ire out of Democrats to flood the ballots like ravenous wolves and many people, even moderates still believe that Trump was a dictator. The person who would have drawn the least ire out of the Democratic voters would likely have been Nikki Haley, but Democratic politicians have already been nipping at her as well so there is no telling how she would have performed as president with Democrats so haughty about condemning anything Republican.

Overall, I am voting for Trump because I am tired of Biden his platoon of corrupt politicians swarming under his breadth. But unfortunately, as much as I would prefer him over this current administration, I have low expectation that he will win mainly due to how fallen and deceived this nation is.

Old 01-19-2024, 04:37 AM

39,295 posts, read 27,677,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Preface to this post: I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020. I am a Ron DeSantis supporter in 2024. Why? Because Trump failed miserably in his COVID response, because Trump did not seal the border (yes, I understand he was opposed every step of the way by the Democrats), and because Trump can only serve another term and we need a long term solution to the problem of the Democrat Party.

So, it now appears that Trump will be the GOP nominee, and he will face Joe Biden. The Biden administration is an existential threat to our country. Anyone that understands what is happening at the border, in eastern Europe, in the Middle East, and with our economy can connect the dots and realize that the Democrat/Biden plan is to destroy the country as we know it and ensure the left remains in charge in perpetuity.

All of that said, here is my message to you. You wanted Trump, who already lost to Biden. You wanted Trump, who failed us with the pandemic, failed at the border, and most importantly failed to win re-election against the Marxists who are presently succeeding at destroying the country.

Now that Trump will be the GOP nominee, each and every one of you has a responsibility to make sure that he wins. Blabbering on this message board isn't enough. Posting videos of DeSantis getting a participation trophy isn't enough. High fiving the latest mean tweet isn't enough. You are responsible for Trump, and you need to make sure he wins. That means real work. That means knocking on doors, that means phone banking, that meaning donating financially, that means doing more than sitting on your ass and slamming anyone who disagrees with Trump, whether they are conservative or liberal.

Biden has an abysmal record with approval ratings in the 30s. Anyone without Trump's baggage could have easily beaten him, yet you made sure Trump was the nominee. So if Biden wins again, it is 100% on YOU and nobody else. You should probably make sure that doesn't happen.

Are you up for the challenge? Are you actually going to put in the necessary work to end the Biden regime? I'd like to think so, but I doubt it.
I understand your concern, but even cenk uygur, the founder and host of the far left media has said its close to 100% Trump would beat Biden if these two face off in the upcoming election. I am not a fan of the youngturks, but at least they are pretty realistic about it.

I think the better question is that if you would vote for Trump if he is the nominee

I am ok with either Trump or DeSantis, so that's it.

My only concern is that Republicans and Democrats will both work so hard to get him impeached, this is my only concern.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-19-2024 at 04:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies