Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 12:21 PM

43,085 posts, read 18,259,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
In a strange move by the NFL, the Super Bowl will be playing the Black National Anthem, which is different than America’s National Anthem. It’s too early to tell how much protesting and boycotting will occur at the next Super Bowl in Las Vegas next month.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58482970

Not sure why the NFL wants to divide the nation during one of the big national pastimes.
And we ended up with Reba singing it. What a change from past superbowls.

Old 02-12-2024, 12:24 PM

256 posts, read 117,153 times
No problem, but then we'll need to do "Oh Canada" at every NBA game...well NFL & NBA...deal?

Old 02-12-2024, 12:25 PM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Oh, noes! Someone sang a song you didn't like. Perhaps you should become acquainted with the mute button on your TV remote.
That's not the solution for an invasive agenda that is dividing a nation with ONE identity. If people result in following your nonsense advice then one of this days everybody including yourself will wake up in the morning living in some kind of crap but America.

Old 02-12-2024, 12:25 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
You're right, Ohiogirl81. We should keep letting people ruin things because they're so kind to give us the choice not to continue engaging with the things they ruined. Thank you so much for helping us see the light.
LOL - what exactly was "ruined"??? OMG you people are so ridiculous it's pathetic. I didn't even hear the song...I was busy mixing up a G&T before the game started. It cracks me up that the people who claim to not be offended by anything (you know because the "adults are in the room"), get offended by the most ludicrous things.

Old 02-12-2024, 12:27 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
That's not the solution for an invasive agenda that is dividing a nation with ONE identity. If people result in following your nonsense advice then one of this days everybody including yourself will wake up in the morning living in some kind of crap but America.
This nation doesn't have one identity - that is the dumbest thing I have read all day. We don't even have an official national language lol.

Old 02-12-2024, 01:02 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Apparently not many people in the stadium paid much attention...

Democratic congressman hits Super Bowl fans for not standing for 'Negro National Anthem'

"Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing,’" Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. wrote on X. "The Negro National Anthem. Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd." Cohen represents a majority-Black district in western Tennessee.

Day's rendition of the song drew cheers at Allegiant Stadium.

Cohen's tweet drew attention online, and the Democrat responded to his critics in the moment. One told him he should only stand for one national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner," but Cohen wrote back, "I stand for both. And in Memphis, most do."

It's a continued attempt to divide the allegiances to this country.

The Black Nat'l Anthem needs to be scrapped.

Old 02-12-2024, 01:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And we ended up with Reba singing it. What a change from past superbowls.
They have been singing it for years, but I watched the SB and only saw America Beautiful, and the Anthem, so I have nothing to be outraged about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
LOL - what exactly was "ruined"??? OMG you people are so ridiculous it's pathetic. I didn't even hear the song...I was busy mixing up a G&T before the game started. It cracks me up that the people who claim to not be offended by anything (you know because the "adults are in the room"), get offended by the most ludicrous things.
People are literally looking for things to be offended by.

Old 02-12-2024, 01:21 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Apparently not many people in the stadium paid much attention...

Democratic congressman hits Super Bowl fans for not standing for 'Negro National Anthem'

"Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing,’" Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. wrote on X. "The Negro National Anthem. Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd." Cohen represents a majority-Black district in western Tennessee.

Day's rendition of the song drew cheers at Allegiant Stadium.

Cohen's tweet drew attention online, and the Democrat responded to his critics in the moment. One told him he should only stand for one national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner," but Cohen wrote back, "I stand for both. And in Memphis, most do."

It's a continued attempt to divide the allegiances to this country.

The Black Nat'l Anthem needs to be scrapped.
Hey - we were told it's ok to stay seated or even kneel for the National Anthem - what are the D's complaining about? Can you imagine if people turned their back to the field....

Old 02-12-2024, 01:26 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Quote:
Ludacris? He was in the Halftime show, lol

Old 02-12-2024, 01:31 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Quote:
This nation doesn't have one identity - that is the dumbest thing I have read all day. We don't even have an official national language lol.
Actually many like to think it does, one that everyone has to conform to. It's known as WASP but I like to use the acronym WARS (White American Republican Suburban).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.