Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 08:43 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Yeah. Also, don't bring lowlifes and scumbags around your young children.
"One in high school who became pregnant with her mother's HUSBAND, one who attended church and had a blended family with his kids from a previous marriage, hers from a previous marriage and one together, raped a young girl from the church youth group. My son's girlfriend who was adopted by a couple (phycologists) was raped by her adopted father as well as her younger brothers being molested."

Husband. Married church deacon. Professional psychologist vetted adoptive parent.
What other lowlifes have raped?
Priests, doctors, dentists, fathers, uncles, grandfathers, youth leaders, teachers, lawyers, judges, policeman, congressmen, presidents even.

I get what posters are saying, single parents, especially single mothers need to be very careful about boyfriends, male friends, etc. around their children. I agree with that. But again, stop blaming women for the actions of men.
On one hand you have men who get very upset because women and society are untrusting of men in general and believe all men to be child molesters and rapists. One the other hand you have men, the same men even, who are upset that mothers let any men near their children believing they will sexually abuse them.

Bottom line is men are responsible for their own behavior and are the only ones who control it. Where are the fathers raising sons to be responsible gentlemen? Teaching them right from wrong.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:52 AM

6,384 posts, read 2,705,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The mom is responsible as well - this guy had been living with the mom for a while and the young girl said he had raped her 5/6 times before. Did the girl tell her mom or not - did mom not believe the child until she saw it for herself.
You have all of these "What if "...but still hold the mom responsible. The only incident we know the mom knew about she held the guy at gunpoint. How much more protection do you need...

Quote:
Waiting to see if he's had previous criminal charges.
Again...more "What if's ", but mom is responsible...

Quote:
Sorry Frank - but everyone has to do their due diligence and find out as much as you can about a person - male or female - before moving them in with you - especially if you have kids.
And how do you know she didn't do that?

But of course it is easier to blame the mother instead of the actual criminal.

So I will ask again....if the mother is responsible as you have already come to that conclusion, how much prison time should she get? Should she have her daughter taken away?

Old 01-29-2024, 08:57 AM

6,384 posts, read 2,705,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
Exactly. There is no way in hell that this guy should have been allowed to stay after raping that poor little girl 6 other times. Mom did not vet this guy good enough. Him being a youth coach should have been a red flag, especially since we've seen how many child athelets have been abused by coaches over the years.

I wouldnt move any woman in if I were a single dad raising a 12 year old boy. Why didnt mom care enough about her daughter to keep her safe from predators?
Prejudice much? So every person who is a Youth Sports Coach needs to automatically be assumed to be a rapist. Not even sure where to go from here if that is what you believe.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:10 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
She should have popped two into that fool.
Why waste bullets. One 9mm to the dome is enough.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:27 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
A guy is caught with his pants down(so to speak) raping a 12-year-old girl by the mother who holds him at gunpoint until police arrive, and all you got out of this was that doctors can give her something that MIGHT protect her from HIV?

At least it happened in Oklahoma. I wouldn't be shocked if this happened in a state like CA he would probably be out on no bail, and she would be in jail for excessive force.
If this had happened in CA, the local DA would ask the 12 year old if it were consensual, and then dismissed charges.

Old 01-29-2024, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why waste bullets. One 9mm to the dome is enough.
Because you want to cause him some pain and suffering. Instant death is too good for him.

Old 01-29-2024, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
So I will ask again....if the mother is responsible as you have already come to that conclusion, how much prison time should she get? Should she have her daughter taken away?
And then she is put in the system. Foster home to foster home to foster home. Wonder if the poster realizes how much sexual abuse (4X more) and abuse in general (40%) goes on in foster care. Now where is the due diligence.

Old 01-29-2024, 02:37 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What about all the fathers and stepfathers who have raped/molested etc. their young daughters/stepdaughters. Why is it people blame the mothers for what these guys do, and not the rapists.

Personally, I know three instances where stepfathers had raped their wife's daughters or other young girls. One in high school who became pregnant with her mother's HUSBAND, one who attended church and had a blended family with his kids from a previous marriage, hers from a previous marriage and one together, raped a young girl from the church youth group. My son's girlfriend who was adopted by a couple (phycologists) was raped by her adopted father as well as her younger brothers being molested.

I know of many others, girls and boys who have been sexually molested, raped by trusted family members/friends of the family, foster parents.

Certainly, one should be cautious and responsible about who is alone with their children, especially single mothers, but let's put the blame where it belongs.
You and I have been back and forth as far as who is responsible many times and we disagree on many of these issues. Since you already know my point of view on personal responsibility - I'm not going to repeat myself.

As far as this case - the man is also responsible and will face prison time as should anyone who actually rapes someone but the mother also has to be held responsible especially in this day and age when it's very easy to do a background check.

As far as your son's girlfriend - sorry but being adopted by a pair of psychologists makes me question if she was indeed raped or something they put in her head.

Old 01-29-2024, 02:41 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Sublimely casting fault to the female.
When we have so many false reported cases - it makes you question who actually was raped and who wasn't. Then the definition of rape has changed to use sexual assault or maybe a touch or statement made that was taken out of context.

Old 01-29-2024, 02:46 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,985,438 times
I've heard its extremely difficult from men-woman HIV transmission. At least far more difficult than homosexual transmission
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies