Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 09:21 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,279,371 times

Advertisements

Also those of you who attack SUV's for harming the Earth and global warming should turn your attention to an even worse target. Livestock that fart and burp cause just as much damage to the environment as SUV's do. Should we outlaw and kill all our livestock?

Link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 09:21 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,451,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Bought my Jeep in 2006 filled her up when it was $1.39, $3.00, $4.20 and $1.99. I didn't sell her never thought of selling her.

I would love to see the look on my face when my Jeep meets your sub compact and my worries are the repair bill your worries are will I live through it.
I'm sure these things hurt like hell...

when they're going up your butt!!!

Old 04-18-2009, 10:00 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,169,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Also those of you who attack SUV's for harming the Earth and global warming should turn your attention to an even worse target. Livestock that fart and burp cause just as much damage to the environment as SUV's do. Should we outlaw and kill all our livestock?

Link

actually, want to attack something, then attack the green cars, the ones that take batteries. the batteries require nickle mined from a mine in canada, and the strip mining there causes so much damage that a hummer would have to run for 15-20 years before it caused as much damage as the green car does even before it leaves the dealership lot.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:08 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,279,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
actually, want to attack something, then attack the green cars, the ones that take batteries. the batteries require nickle mined from a mine in canada, and the strip mining there causes so much damage that a hummer would have to run for 15-20 years before it caused as much damage as the green car does even before it leaves the dealership lot.

Great point. These people who consider themselves lovers of the environment attack things because them seem oblivious. They do little to no research because they are lazy or might not like what they find. As you have said these people who act all high and mighty because they drive a Prius really have no basis for their arrogance.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:09 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,578,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Wow!! Very nice! I dont trade them in , I collect them, now is a buyers market. Except for H1 they now hold there value very well thanks. Tell you what there bobby boy you get you'e honda toyota or what ever rig you choose and I will get my H1, or Excursion and we will go head on at 60 mph , the survivor will decide who has the safest vehicle! Air bags, might help keep you're head from hitting the windsheild, but that really doesnt mean much when you're windshield is in the back seat! Oh and by the way the suvs that roll over are the little econo rigs that you would prefer. An H1 is 86 inches wide with a track width of about 71 inches, you have to try really hard to roll one, I have.
Just another ridiculous post by an SUV lover - boasting that they will kill us sane folks in our cars in the case of a collision... here's that right-wing extremist anger that has DHS so concerned about...

Oh well - I've always maintained that those who buy SUVs are one short of a six-pack...

Old 04-19-2009, 06:52 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,647,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Just another ridiculous post by an SUV lover - boasting that they will kill us sane folks in our cars in the case of a collision... here's that right-wing extremist anger that has DHS so concerned about...

Oh well - I've always maintained that those who buy SUVs are one short of a six-pack...
At least they have a six-pack.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:07 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,921,779 times
Quote:
http://typo.graphr.net/images/owl-orly.jpg (broken link)

Quote:

Oh well -that's fine with me. The more SUV occupants who perish in crashes - the better off the country's gene pool is!!!
Time to up the meds buddy.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:53 AM

9,882 posts, read 10,799,145 times
Quote:

Uh, yeah, ok bob, anybody that wants to go back and read our post can clearly see you should not indulge while using the computer. I personally do not tell anyone what they should drive.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:12 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,707,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
How can you not notice a giant box driving down the highway that has "I am a d-bag" written on the side .
most of the people that buy those monster gas guzziling vehicles are just on one big ego trip!!! wait till the gas go's back to like 140$ a barrel.. big vehicles are on the down turn... i live on the island of st croix and see 90% of the new vehicles are smaller ones now.. almost every hummer is for sale on this island soon they will be literally giving them away soon... and that go's for all the monster trucks and suv's.. when this world economy starts to rebound gas is going to soar thru the roof dragging the economy straight down the hole..

Old 04-19-2009, 02:40 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Default The Hummer is the most popular car in Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It looks like common sense is starting to win over at GM. The symbol of the worst of American piggery is about to die! Could not happen soon enough. Hopefully the other monster SUVs will follow.

Green Car Congress: GM Cancels the HUMMER H1
You might be interested to know that the Hummer is the most popular car in Iraq.

GM is now swithching from a "market driven" product line, to a product line being dictated not by consumer desires by by government mandate.

What this means to us, as consumers, is the death of cars we want. If you like driving with your knees on your chin, and no room for groceries or the camping gear or the kids, you'll love what's coming. For most Americans, that's unacceptable; but that's all we'll have. Government will be determining what we drive from now on.

Thank Obama.

This administration represents the death of America as we have known it.

And you think the "Tea Parties" are just about taxes? Guess again.

"We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Persuit of Happiness — That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying it's Foundation on such Principles and organizing it's Powers in such Form as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

That is what our Declaration of Independence says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies