Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2024, 06:09 AM

925 posts, read 889,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
He is not going down to ABC bail bonds that advertises on the sides of city buses. And yes they can be backed up with real estate. Where do you get it cannot.

He has to come up with about $35 million cash in the real estate case. You know how bonds work right? And probably around $8 million in the Carroll case. He will have to pay about 9% interest on the 90% he is borrowing on the bonds. Lenders will line up to take that deal. Since it will be backed up by Trump's holdings.
It would only be holdings without mortgages, liens or any money owed on the assets. Time will tell if this is an option at all.

Last edited by lauradrops; 02-18-2024 at 06:24 AM..

Old 02-18-2024, 06:20 AM

30,253 posts, read 11,879,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
It would only be holdings without mortgages, leans or any money owed on the assets. Time will tell if this is an option at all.
He has to have equity in the properties. They don't have to be mortgage free. So if he has a property worth $250 million and it has an $80 million loan on it. He could get up $170 million against it as a bond. Just keep going until you reach the bond amounts.

And imagine with the left being so over the top with the amount of indictments and fines. Imagine if he gets acquitted in the stormy daniels case. Appeals court throws out the real estate case and Fani is removed from the GA case. If you think MAGA liked Trump before all of this? He will be superhuman to them after. One of the many reasons why I have said all of this was such a big mistake. And many on the fence will see that if none of these cases result in Trump losing cases the chatter that was all baloney will be deafening. And if Trump wins in November the federal cases evaporate. And its looking more and more like all the above is possible. Like I have said many times on here. Postpone the trials until after the election. Have it hanging over his head. Instead you have the GA case which is a disaster, the stormy case is weak. And you don't know how the Supremes will rule on immunity. They could wipe most of this out.

Will the ruling bankrupt Trump?

The biggest headache Trump is likely to face immediately is coming up with a security bond to cover the $355 million penalty — plus a hefty 9% interest rate — while his expected appeal winds its way through New York’s appellate courts.
Most bond companies will require Trump to pony up around 10% of the penalty in cash and then put up some of his properties as collateral to cover the rest of the bond, lawyers told The Post.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 02-18-2024 at 06:43 AM..

Old 02-18-2024, 06:29 AM

925 posts, read 889,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
He has to have equity in the properties. They don't have to be mortgage free. So if he has a property worth $250 million and it has an $80 million loan on it. He could get up $170 million against it as a bond.

Will the ruling bankrupt Trump?

The biggest headache Trump is likely to face immediately is coming up with a security bond to cover the $355 million penalty — plus a hefty 9% interest rate — while his expected appeal winds its way through New York’s appellate courts.
Most bond companies will require Trump to pony up around 10% of the penalty in cash and then put up some of his properties as collateral to cover the rest of the bond, lawyers told The Post.
Well obviously he can use his equity in the properties, but many people seem to be under the impression he can use the full value of the properties and not the equity in the properties. May be a big difference.

Old 02-18-2024, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
Well obviously he can use his equity in the properties, but many people seem to be under the impression he can use the full value of the properties and not the equity in the properties. May be a big difference.
You said he can only put up properties he owns free and clear. That is not true. Most people on here and in the MSM keep saying Trump has to come up with $450 million cash. Like he has to sell off everything. Which is not the case either. For all we know Elon Musk might say Monday "I will pay Trump's bonds". I don't think there is much of a risk of Trump not coming up with the money. Real estate has sky rocketed the past decade. I am sure he has plenty of equity. If he is really a billionaire he should have over a billion in net assets.

Old 02-18-2024, 07:30 AM

2,019 posts, read 767,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes I understand all that.

They don’t quite operate that when dealing with super high net worth individuals. The Trump Org dealt with the Private Wealth Division, not the usual lending and credit team directly.

Anyone they did deal directly with, they just blatantly lied to their face.

You need to read the judgment, it explains what happened in this case. There’s testimony from everyone involved.

I agree the bank is also culpable for cosigning the fraud. Absolutely. 100%. The bank knew they were lying. I agree they should be fined too.
This entire judgement is corrupt.

The judgement lays it out, in each case of fraud, there were two loan types being considered, one from the commercial real estate group (higher interest rates) and one from the personal wealth management group (lower interest rate). I think we can all agree these are clearly different loan types. Obviously Trump chose the lower rates and obtained these loans by submitting questionable financial statements. What is never established in the judgment, or maybe I missed it, is if the personal wealth management group loans would have been denied or had different terms based on what the court believes to be accurate financial statements. Instead, the ill gotten gains is the difference in rates from these two different loan types.

Old 02-18-2024, 07:51 AM

1,721 posts, read 813,852 times
How does this fine amount compare to fines give to other individuals?

I did a quick search and really couldn't come up with much. One person did receive a huge fine but that was based on actual monetary damages due to illegal trading practices.

I guess I'm asking does the amount correspond to the actions. Seems to be cruel and unusual punishment.

And he isn't being sued, he's being fined.

Old 02-18-2024, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
How does this fine amount compare to fines give to other individuals?

I did a quick search and really couldn't come up with much. One person did receive a huge fine but that was based on actual monetary damages due to illegal trading practices.

I guess I'm asking does the amount correspond to the actions. Seems to be cruel and unusual punishment.

And he isn't being sued, he's being fined.
It has to be the biggest fine ever against someone who actually made money for everyone involved. And if any on the left here can point out cases in NY state where someone borrowed money, paid the money back on time, paid their taxes on it. No complaints about it at all and then the state went after them trying to bankrupt them and tried to shut down all their businesses.

My guess is its going to be hard to find examples where NY state even investigated a business over such a thing. Because there would be no reason to do that unless you are out to get the person at the top.

Old 02-18-2024, 08:14 AM

13,626 posts, read 4,341,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

I agree the bank is also culpable for cosigning the fraud. Absolutely. 100%. The bank knew they were lying. I agree they should be fined too.

It wasn't a cosign. That's 2 or more borrowers. The banks approved the loans and made a huge profit. No BANK in New York has ever been fine for their practices because banks do this all the time. Is it obvious this is a political persecution to go after 1 person. Do you still need a map to connect the dots.

Every loan especially high value loans goes through the bank's process. That's the main job of the underwriters who work and get paid by the banks and the more loans they approve, they get a bigger profit for the underwriters and banks. Either the Judge disagrees with the bank underwriters and he has no business in the financial business or he only found fraud from 1 party and ignores the rest which makes him a hack.

The reason the judge didn't go after the banks because he would go after the system and lose since banks have endless money and political clout and the Democrat party in New York depends on their revenues for their state and their political donations. So he goes after the easier target and that's Trump but is not political, riiiight.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 02-18-2024 at 08:29 AM..

Old 02-18-2024, 09:24 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Most of the US banks wanted no part of him, they knew he was shady, that’s why he used Deutsche Bank, now an internet bank called Axos is the only one willing to make a loan.

Old 02-18-2024, 09:40 AM

13,626 posts, read 4,341,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Most of the US banks wanted no part of him, they knew he was shady, that’s why he used Deutsche Bank, now an internet bank called Axos is the only one willing to make a loan.

Now you going deep in your your behind to pullout more wishful thinking. Not only you speak for most voters, you are a legal scholar and speak for the S.C. and now you also speak for all Banks in the New York and are an expert in banks. Deutsche Bank is an multinational investment bank and it's listed in the New York Stock Exchange. It's a legit bank with over 85,000 employees with a total assets of 1.3 trillion.

So let me put your Democrat hat. Banks doesn't want any part him when Trump made them huge profits in the loans they approved. Yeah, that makes sense. Banks are in the charity business. They only give loans to people that can't pay back that the government backs up with taxpayers money and to send money overseas. Those are the loans and aid Democrats love. Anything to add to the debt.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 02-18-2024 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies