Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2024, 11:23 AM

30,669 posts, read 19,369,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Nothing ridiculous about it. The damages were the return of the illegal profits with interest added to the date the crimes were committed. It was not an arbitrary figure somebody pulled out of a hat.

Trump should have played straight with the paperwork. As was shown during the trial, the fraud was persistent and ongoing over a period of years, even after he knew he was under investigation.

Not a very smart boy.
All of these legal actions are traitorous interference with our 2024 Presidential election and all involved should be prosecuted for Treason.

Old 02-21-2024, 11:36 AM

13,310 posts, read 7,893,979 times
Quote:
If you haven't been indicted, you did something right.

Out of curiosity - Is this the only entertainment someone in a 70% tax bracket can find to do with his time? That seems inordinately strange.
Oh, I'm just a values watcher.

Yours?

A lot of people don't like me watching their values.

Old 02-21-2024, 11:40 AM

5,784 posts, read 4,750,603 times
Serious question I've wondered.

Letitia James campaigned on "going after Trump". She literally promised to "put Trump in jail" during her campaign speeches.

At that point she was not yet the NY Attorney General, and thus was not privy to any evidentiary materials related any potential case. She was just promising to go after Trump without having any direct knowledge of wrongdoing.

How then is this not a case of malicious prosecution?

Old 02-21-2024, 11:41 AM

37,281 posts, read 19,296,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
All of these legal actions are traitorous interference with our 2024 Presidential election and all involved should be prosecuted for Treason.
Tish James filed the lawsuit in New York in September, 2022. Donald Trump filed paperwork to run in November, 2022.

Please explain how this was intended to interfere with the election, since he was not even a candidate at the time. If you can’t, admit you’re wrong.

Old 02-21-2024, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Oh, I'm just a values watcher.

Yours?

A lot of people don't like me watching their values.
Not in a 70% tax bracket, and don’t care. Money never impressed me. The cost of acquisition is far too great to make it worth the time. Just passing the winter poking bears and deflating swollen egos until I can get back to fishing.

Old 02-21-2024, 11:48 AM

2,038 posts, read 715,625 times
Quote:
If you haven't been indicted, you did something right.

Out of curiosity - Is this the only entertainment someone in a 70% tax bracket can find to do with his time? That seems inordinately strange.
Don't know how old you are, but Trump was NY / Dems darling from the 70s' until he ran for the POTUS. All you need to do is google him before his ran You know what is so funny, even the penthouse in question was on a lot of entertainment news.

Old 02-21-2024, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post

Letitia James campaigned on "going after Trump". She literally promised to "put Trump in jail" during her campaign speeches.

At that point she was not yet the NY Attorney General, and thus was not privy to any evidentiary materials related any potential case. She was just promising to go after Trump without having any direct knowledge of wrongdoing.

If she had no evidence, she was just campaigning. You know - Like Trump and “Lock her up.”

Old 02-21-2024, 11:55 AM

18,272 posts, read 15,815,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post

Trump campaigned on "going after Hillary" and "Lock Her Up" when she had not been charged with any crime *and* was investigated by the FBI & DOJ, who did not charge her. At that point he was not yet elected President of the U.S. and thus was not privy to any evidentiary materials related to any potential case. Trump was just promising to go after Hillary without direct knowledge of crimes committed. His fans and supporters *loved it*, and couldn't get enough of that rhetoric. Considered Malicious? If no, why not?

Old 02-21-2024, 12:00 PM

30,669 posts, read 19,369,876 times
Quote:
Tish James filed the lawsuit in New York in September, 2022. Donald Trump filed paperwork to run in November, 2022.

Please explain how this was intended to interfere with the election, since he was not even a candidate at the time. If you can’t, admit you’re wrong.
I'm not buying the Democrat talking points. You and I both know this as well as all the other actions against Trump are efforts to drain his time and resources to impact the 2024 election, everyone knows this is 100% the case.

Old 02-21-2024, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
Don't know how old you are, but Trump was NY / Dems darling from the 70s' until he ran for the POTUS. All you need to do is google him before his ran You know what is so funny, even the penthouse in question was on a lot of entertainment news.
The first time I voted was against Nixon.

Trump crossed my radar in 1973 when I picked up a copy of the Village Voice on a trip to New York and read their article about the racial discrimination suit he and his father were involved in for refusing to rent to Blacks. He was scum then, and he hasn’t changed a bit. Politics for him has never had anything to do with any sort of ideology, only his personal gain. I’m not aware that he was ever anyone’s “darling.” I do know that he created “John Barron” to send out press releases that he hoped would get him into the upper echelons of New York society, and that those who were there legitimately laughed at him openly and treated him like something they’d stepped in. He was never viewed as anything but a con man, a gadfly, and a buffoon.

No need to google him. I haven’t liked him for fifty years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies