Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2024, 07:24 PM

30,334 posts, read 11,965,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Maybe it’s not my posts, just your perceptions. That could account for it en toto.

You might want to ask yourself why you intentionally come here to read the posts of a simple and ignorant country bumpkin like myself and reply to them. Little things amuse little minds, I guess.
Everyone needs a hobby. You seem to have one here. Rocks, glass houses.

Old 02-21-2024, 07:32 PM

37,393 posts, read 19,340,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Everyone needs a hobby. You seem to have one here. Rocks, glass houses.
I sure do. I come here to deflate swollen egos, poke bears to hear them growl, and strike a blow for decency in the world whenever and wherever I can.

What I do not do is suffer fools and traitors lightly, nor those who support them.

Old 02-21-2024, 07:37 PM

17,792 posts, read 14,869,028 times
Quote:
I sure do. I come here to deflate swollen egos, poke bears to hear them growl, and strike a blow for decency in the world whenever and wherever I can.

What I do not do is suffer fools and traitors lightly, nor those who support them.
Tell me you have an inflated sense of self without telling me you have an inflated sense of self.

lmao

Old 02-21-2024, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Apparently you are part of the group that's triggered by people who hate Trump. It seems to bother you terribly. That's at least half the country that triggers you, while there's only one person who triggers us.
He’s a “Big Picture” guy, obviously.

Old 02-21-2024, 08:38 PM

17,792 posts, read 14,869,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Apparently you are part of the group that's triggered by people who hate Trump. It seems to bother you terribly. That's at least half the country that triggers you, while there's only one person who triggers us.
First, I'm not triggered - I'm fascinated. It's super strange to me that there are people who literally lose their mind over someone they've never met before ... it's bizarre. Second, it's not half the country who have this weird psycho obsession with Trump. It's a fairly small subset of the left.

And third, thanks for admitting my point: you guys are triggered by Trump.

Old 02-22-2024, 05:52 AM

30,334 posts, read 11,965,943 times
Quote:

You do realize that none of this chatter moves the needle whatsoever. Everyone is dug in politically and whatever happens in the courts will happen regardless of what you want to happen. I get not liking Trump. I get law and order. But I also get treating everyone fairly even if you can't stand them. And taking a low level accounting violation and turning into dozens of felony charges where the underlying "crime" of trying to keeping Stormy from talking is not even illegal. Or the "disgorgement" conviction. When do you even hear that term used? But it was the only thing they could charge Trump with because there was no financial loss. Everyone made money and was happy.

Reality is both cases are so over the top they will be overturned. Both prosecutors got too greedy trying to land the knockout punch on Trump. And if the are overturned Trump will be that much more hard to beat in November. I have said over and over none of this should have happened before the election. I said it will backfire and it has. And I am not saying this because I want Trump to win. I am saying it because I wanted anyone but Trump on the GOP ballot. Yet here we are.

Old 02-22-2024, 07:09 AM

Quote:
You do realize that none of this chatter moves the needle whatsoever. Everyone is dug in politically and whatever happens in the courts will happen regardless of what you want to happen. I get not liking Trump. I get law and order. But I also get treating everyone fairly even if you can't stand them. And taking a low level accounting violation and turning into dozens of felony charges where the underlying "crime" of trying to keeping Stormy from talking is not even illegal. Or the "disgorgement" conviction. When do you even hear that term used? But it was the only thing they could charge Trump with because there was no financial loss. Everyone made money and was happy.

Reality is both cases are so over the top they will be overturned. Both prosecutors got too greedy trying to land the knockout punch on Trump. And if the are overturned Trump will be that much more hard to beat in November. I have said over and over none of this should have happened before the election. I said it will backfire and it has. And I am not saying this because I want Trump to win. I am saying it because I wanted anyone but Trump on the GOP ballot. Yet here we are.
"Disgorgement" is a very precise legal term. It isn't heard often by the public, but it is commonplace in courts of law.

https://dictionary.findlaw.com/definition/disgorge.html

Nothing is going to be overturned unless Trump can come up with $546 million for escrow to file the appeals. At 9%, interest is accruing to the total at over $800,000 per week. He needs to hurry.

Old 02-22-2024, 07:56 AM

18,418 posts, read 15,879,853 times
Quote:
You do realize that none of this chatter moves the needle whatsoever. Everyone is dug in politically and whatever happens in the courts will happen regardless of what you want to happen.

That's true.

The whining, tantruming, foot-stomping, and "it's not faiiiirrrrr, how dare them do this," is for naught. The acting-out, hurling of insults, and demanding that people who are 1. not attorneys, 2. have literally nothing to do with the laws or legislature of NY or any other state, and 3. have nothing to do with this or any other legal matter affecting the ex-P or any of his associates, answer for NY and justify it, is a complete waste of effort. What will be, will be, and that's the way it is, "regardless of what you want to happen," as you said.

Old 02-22-2024, 09:14 AM

6,382 posts, read 2,952,108 times
Quote:
So it only exists in a C-D thread, and you can’t articulate in your own words what it is?
It was MY thread. Read it.

Old 02-22-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
It was MY thread. Read it.
I tried. There was nothing conclusive besides "the bureaucracy" which is a constant regardless of who is in the Oval Office.

Woojy boogers will play with your mind if you let them. Plenty to worry about without having to create fantasy worlds full of imaginary demons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies