Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 06:40 PM

5,963 posts, read 2,782,989 times

Advertisements

Black Women 6 times More Likely to Be Killed than White Women

Let's dig deeper. Who is doing the killing? And why?

Old 02-16-2024, 07:06 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,799,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Why are black women who make up 4% of the entire US population die more than anyone else? It’s their culture.
My cousin is a social worker in Mississippi works in placement of children and the elderly. The majority of the young black girls she deals with don’t even know who their father is. I don’t understand how anyone can expect equal outcomes in anything with these large, broad, differences in culture. At some point we have to ask them politely to change right? So it’s all not blamed on us.

Old 02-16-2024, 07:13 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,763,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
They should stop spending time around black men, the only demographic that is more violent than they are.
Then who do Black men stay away from? Or better yet, who do Black men turn to? Last I checked, Black men are America's #1 murder victim. Black men are more likely to be murder victims than any other demographic.

And as a Black man, I take your statement with alot of resentment. Yes, I take it very personally.

Old 02-16-2024, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
This article is about a week old. ~20 years of data. I must say i am surprised by the disparity.

Please keep this as civil as possible, or it will be deleted.

Thanks!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...ata-rcna137948
I'm not surprised. Black people are more likely to be murdered than anyone else. Black MEN are the most likely to be murdered than any other demographic in America (and this has been the case since since the early 20th century).

Old 02-16-2024, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Again. the crime creates the poverty. Not the other way around. Yes that black child most likely will never escape the ghetto, will get involved in crime at a young age, and be trapped in poverty. It all starts with crime.

And I don't disagree that the black child starts at a disadvantage. Reports show us that the average 5 year old black child shows up for kindergarten with half the vocabulary of the average 5 year old white child, and although both children learn more words, that average black child never catches up.

Crime creates poverty. Intergenerational poverty.

But this thread is about adult black women versus adult white women as murder victims. What say you?
I disagree. Black Americans were dealing with high poverty levels from the start. Black Americans were dealing with poverty regardless of crime. Looking at this from history, Black Americans were placed in the ghettos, into positions of hopelessness. The ghetto was created a long time ago. When Black Americans were moving to the cities, they were unwanted by many and placed into the ghettos. And then the crime rates went up. Black Americans were already poor, by design.

Intergenerational poverty came before the crime. Crime just created a negative feedback loop.

If a Black child isn't learning many words by the age of 5, there is a reason this is happening. It can be traced to the environment that child is living in.

Old 02-16-2024, 07:44 PM

13,891 posts, read 8,086,228 times
What's up with Wisconsin?

Quote:
Racial disparities varied among states; in Wisconsin, for example, Black women were 20 times more likely to be killed than white women.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...0white%20women.

Old 02-16-2024, 07:49 PM

8,885 posts, read 4,604,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I disagree. Black Americans were dealing with high poverty levels from the start. Black Americans were dealing with poverty regardless of crime. Looking at this from history, Black Americans were placed in the ghettos, into positions of hopelessness. The ghetto was created a long time ago. When Black Americans were moving to the cities, they were unwanted by many and placed into the ghettos. And then the crime rates went up. Black Americans were already poor, by design.

Intergenerational poverty came before the crime. Crime just created a negative feedback loop.

If a Black child isn't learning many words by the age of 5, there is a reason this is happening. It can be traced to the environment that child is living in.
lol - I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say, that you would disagree with my post. Sorry, but I stand by my post. Crime creates (and perpetuates) the poverty.

But this thread is about the difference in black women vs white women as murder victims. What say you?

Old 02-16-2024, 07:51 PM

9,457 posts, read 11,211,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
In the article, they want more legislation, but they don’t like to call the police.

So what exactly is the point of this nonsense?
They want gun legislation. SURPRISE!!!!

In my scan I didn't see reference as to who is visiting this violence on black women. I'll take a crack and say black men, who commit criminal acts including violence out of all proportion to their percentage of the population.
For that we can thank Landslide Lyndon who under the guise of caring helped disassemble the intact black families. Get rid of the father in the family, guess what, there's trouble galore. That needs to be fixed. How?

Old 02-16-2024, 08:04 PM

13,891 posts, read 8,086,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
In the article, they want more legislation,but they don’t like to call the police.

So what exactly is the point of this nonsense?
Ans. Not much.

My niece was dating a man she hoped to marry. He cheated on her and was forgiven. However, after a second time my sister told her you can't let a man treat you like that. And my niece left him.

If a woman is not going to do anything after a man physically or emotionally abuses her, there's a good chance it will happen again.

Old 02-16-2024, 09:19 PM

16,677 posts, read 8,672,793 times
Without having read the article, one wonders if the study included white women associated with black men as being a variable?
If not, the numbers might even be more staggering.

If you watch shows like COPS or other similar shows, white women who associate with black men seem to find themselves in violent and/or criminal situations (prostitution, drugs, etc.), more so than those who do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies