Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 03:14 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,960,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is what it comes down to. The Dems are out to destroy him any way they can because he dared to challenge them and question their motives. If they have to destroy democracy to save it then they will.

Kevin O'leary is right to be concerned because if they can do this to Trump they can do it to anyone that they do not approve of.

Who would have ever thought that Making America Great Again would strike such Fear, Ire, Hate and Loathing on the Left ?
WRONG. He is finally being brought to justice because he committed crimes. Plain and simple and he is not above the law. Despite all the screaming and moaning by some over the sight of him being tried for crimes.

Old 02-21-2024, 03:42 PM

3,183 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Kevin did some other interviews and makes sense. New York has made itself a flyover state, the risk of doing business is too high in New York. If you don't like their politics, you're business and investment can be gone.

If Trump fails at this appeal, there is now legal precedent put in place. That precedent now states New York state can go after anyone taking out a loan, and regardless of these MSNBC leftists are saying about fraud, there was zero fraud committed here.

To make things worse, Corporations and Banks are going to want to do risk management on their investments going forward in New York. The capital markets for loans actually may collapse in New York, as the liquidity for loans will be gone.
My analysis is the powers that be in NYC will vent their disgust to Gov. Hochul and she will tell them to calm down because the 2 scenerios that I predict will be..

Trump wins/loses the POTUS and appeals court will dismiss. Because this is just a shakedown of Trump to get him not to run and hurt his chance of winning. Nothing more.

Even if Trump loses the POTUS, they will either settle with Trump or appeals court will dismiss. Because this case represent a huge industry that will change the future of NYC regardless Trump's chances of winning.

However, if Trump wins POTUS then NYC and Atlanta will be in for major pains and subjected to Trump's backlash.

I think they will dismiss or settle because there are billions of debt that can be investigated especially in the Private Equity sector that can easily kill the business capital of the world here.

Old 02-21-2024, 04:37 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,170,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
That is very true and once they show the willingness and ability to go after him it demonstrates to the world that the same thing can be orchestrated against anyone else. It is all about trust and New York has shown itself to be untrustworthy.
Only the 4th post and someone see's what I see. Not only with all investors, entrepreneurs but also with little people like me. Who want to sell property or get a loan and need to get the bank to understand it's worth more. Some jack--- DA can come along going after everyday people like they are doing to Trump. I seriously doubt it will stop at him or any other millionaire. It will eventually snowball or trickle down to use average people who are not millionaires.

Old 02-21-2024, 04:53 PM

4,252 posts, read 3,170,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Mr. O'Leary is interested in getting and keeping his name in the news. Free publicity! Performative tantruming is the method that works, and he's going all-in.
He is actually in the news just about everyday (financial news channels).....he doesn't have to work for it. I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Old 02-21-2024, 04:55 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,208,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
There was no fraud, for cripes sake.

He said, 'This is how much my property is worth.'

The lenders agreed that was how much his property was worth.

WHERE is the crime here? Should the lenders also be in the hot seat for agreeing with him?
Then he claimed the same property was worth different amounts to different entities.
Thats fraud.
NYS has laws dating back decades because of fraud in the financial sector.
If this action gets more real estate frauds out of NYS, that's a good thing.

Let them go to Fla. and Texas. they can sell all the swamp land they want in those states.

Old 02-21-2024, 04:56 PM

9,848 posts, read 7,716,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
There was no fraud, for cripes sake.

He said, 'This is how much my property is worth.'

The lenders agreed that was how much his property was worth.

WHERE is the crime here? Should the lenders also be in the hot seat for agreeing with him?
You're right. There is no crime, no one suffered, paying lower interest any time, any way, is always good.

No one is talking about the employees, suppliers and customers who may be hurt from this outrageous judgment. They are already talking about which businesses they'll take over. It's unbelievable that any company can have everything taken away like this.

Old 02-21-2024, 05:04 PM

813 posts, read 441,413 times
Whether fraud was committed or not, there is no way anyone can disagree that this case was put together to specifically target Trump. That was said by everyone involved before they were even elected... they were out to get him.

As for fraud, that is a very gray area. In general he stated his properties were worth a certain amount and the banks either agreed or negotiated to an amount agreeable. The loans were eventually paid off.

With that, has anyone here who is willing to hang Trump ever go over the speed limit? Ever lie to someone? Ever take a pen from work? Is so (and I'm sure everyone here has) then you are a hypocrite for stating Trump committed fraud. You yourself are either a liar, a thief, a crook... and should be charged to the furthest extent of the law.

It is what it is, the Dems are out to sway this election in any manner possible.

Old 02-21-2024, 06:25 PM

4,252 posts, read 3,170,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Then he claimed the same property was worth different amounts to different entities.
Thats fraud.
NYS has laws dating back decades because of fraud in the financial sector.
If this action gets more real estate frauds out of NYS, that's a good thing.

Let them go to Fla. and Texas. they can sell all the swamp land they want in those states.
When obtaining a bank loan, who is responsible for the valuation? I've spent decades around this and in my experience.....it was the bank that determines value....they don't just take your word for it. Also, anyone who has spent time around real estate knows that valuations can change drastically within a very short period of time. There was one intent and one intent only with this action....and that was to get Trump. How many others have they gone after? How many others has the AG campaigned on getting?

Old 02-21-2024, 06:53 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,057,355 times
He better watch out, NY might go after him. We're a banana republic now.

Old 02-21-2024, 06:53 PM

506 posts, read 342,326 times
I'm a big fan of Mr. Wonderful Kevin O'Leary, my favorite Shark. But I'm also a big fan of New York, a phenomenal state with so much to offer. We love it so much we're moving there. It's been a bummer to listen to Kevin railing against the state. It slightly affected my opinion of him. But it did not change my opinion of NY.

Excelsior!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies