Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2024, 09:08 AM

13,250 posts, read 7,300,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Incorrect. The door has been opened by her actions. The defense can now question the legitimacy of the evidence from the prosecution because of the ethics of Fani. Anyone who took a plea deal over this tainted evidence may no longer be as reliable for the prosecution. This is why people on both sides are saying she needs to go.

You're right it's not a Trump rally or Hannity show. Fanni has turned it into Jerry Springer. The only thing missing now is the DNA test to determine who the father is of Fani's "love child" (I say this last part in jest...well not really because with everything that has gone on I wouldn't discount any possibility).

But please keep defending her and her staying on the case, it's the best gift she could give Trump.
The defense had their day in court over the last 2 months judge ruled they had no evidence of an actual financial gain now it's over. Your dreaming if you think judge is going to allow any of this to be discussed in front of the jury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2024, 09:14 AM

57,253 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think those 4 plea deals are in play. Prosecutorial misconduct would be Fanny's problem. What was Wade's roll in those 4 cases? Trump does not have to worry about the Georgia case. Not going to conclude before the election. You can thank Fanny and her poor decision making for that. She has to be one of the worst prosecutors in the country.
I don't see any of them changing, it might be a different story if it was a jury conviction. The pleas included apologies, public admission of guilt and besides Willis is still in charge, she just needs to pick a new prosecutor.

Yes I agree, Willis put her office in a terrible position, I have to wonder what she was thinking in a high profile case like this. Unforced error.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:05 AM

13,707 posts, read 7,984,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see any of them changing, it might be a different story if it was a jury conviction. The pleas included apologies, public admission of guilt and besides Willis is still in charge, she just needs to pick a new prosecutor.

Yes I agree, Willis put her office in a terrible position, I have to wonder what she was thinking in a high profile case like this. Unforced error.
No doubt only of herself and her boyfriend..

Quote:
Meanwhile, there are new worries about the Georgia case. Yes, the judge on Friday allowed Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to stay on the case, provided she gets rid of her ex-boyfriend Nathan Wade as the chief prosecutor. But some of the same voices expressing anger about the Manhattan case appear to be losing confidence in Willis.

“For the good of the case, given that ethics issues now abound as to Willis, she should voluntarily recuse herself from the case and allow another prosecutor to oversee the Georgia Trump case,” posted Weissmann. Another anti-Trump legal voice, Joyce Vance from MSNBC, agreed. “The better path forward would be to let another prosecutor in that office take over,” she posted.

So it’s fair to say Lawfareland is a little jumpy these days. With Biden trailing Trump in many polls, and the election getting closer every day, it’s frantic for a court, any court, to convict Trump of something in time to help Biden win. Some are pointing fingers at the Biden Justice Department for not indicting Trump earlier. Some are mad at the Supreme Court for not smoothing the way for a quick Trump trial. Some are mad at the media for not being even more anti-Trump. The nervousness will not ease unless a prosecutor can send Trump to jail before Election Day.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/d...-gets-nervous/[/u]

Old 03-16-2024, 10:08 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times
Quote:
He told her to step down or Wade steps down. The judge was obviously not fine with all of this. Sometimes you know someone is guilty but evidence is not beyond a doubt. Fanni and Wade are two very sneaky individuals. They got a witness to back down. They paid everything in cash. One attribute I don't like in my prosecutors is being sneaky. It does not pass the smell test.
Wade resigned. Fani is back in the saddle herding up criminals.

I love a happy ending.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:12 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
No idea.

Why do you have a problem with the American Accountability Foundation?
They associate with some smarmy people. Cancun Cruz, Jim DeMint, Ron Johnson, Mark Meadows - That sort of scum. They are a conservative hit squad.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:45 AM

35,037 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

I love a happy ending.
Are you scared of being mugged by Trump and Roman?

Old 03-16-2024, 11:47 AM

30,142 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

I would certainly try if I were them. The lead prosecutor has been forcibly removed from the case. The DA got scolded by the judge for her actions and her integrity is is serious doubt. The whole thing is one big poop show.

Old 03-16-2024, 12:00 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,738,083 times
Fanni Fans are in for a bad ending.
Trump team is the winner.
If she stays or if she goes, either way, they can't lose.

She is under investigation in GA already.
Poor thing. She's a victim of her own arrogance and incompetence.

“Trump and his co-defendants will surely appeal and Judge McAfee’s order gives plenty of basis for them to argue to the court of appeals that just removing Wade is an inadequate remedy for what Judge McAfee calls ‘an odor of mendacity’,” he wrote. “Governor Kemp signed Georgia Act 368 on March 13 putting Georgia’s prosecuting attorneys qualifications commission back in business and the commission could move swiftly to exercise its power to remove her from office.”

If appellate courts also don’t review McAfee’s ruling before trial, there’s also the possibility of using the ruling to challenge any potential guilty verdict down the line
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-trump-georgia

Old 03-16-2024, 12:01 PM

30,142 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

I love a happy ending.
Its not over until the Fanny sings (or something to that effect).

Happy ending? The game has not even started yet and the starting QB has been replaced. The head coach almost got ejected. I am sure in your wildest nightmares you did not envision on March 16th, 2024 it would be where it is now. I believe the trial originally was suppose to start March 4th. Now with the NY case coming up it can't start before that is completed. And probably months after that.

Old 03-16-2024, 12:11 PM

13,707 posts, read 7,984,033 times
Quote:
Its not over until the Fanny sings (or something to that effect).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies