Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 09:10 AM

6,023 posts, read 2,843,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
And Trump promised to build a wall and come up with a better health plan. He aso promised to drain the swamp of corruption and proceeded to brinng to Washiington a laundry list of people who were convicted of felonies after their arruval.
It's amazing that he was able to complete roughly five hundred miles of new barrier (four hundred and fifty miles of replacement barrier and fifty miles of new barrier) in less than four years, considering the amount of fighting Democrats put up. Even though they voted for border fencing in 2007... (Just shows how far to the left the Democratic Party has swung in such a short amount of time! )

Now, I will not defend his "beautiful" healthcare plan that we never saw or that he mostly failed to drain the swamp, as he kept hiring them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry
Biden tried to unite the country but it was clear MAGA had no interest. We saw F@*# Biden flags and signs before he even took office
That's usually the response of people who are flipped the bird from their political opponents. Have you forgotten President Biden's "Hitler-esque" speech at Independence Hall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in which he denigrated half the country simply because they didn't vote for him? That hateful speech is probably what gave the approval for that North Dakota Democrat to kill that North Dakota Republican teenager, simply because he was a Republican!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/?p=1102730 - This happened right after President Biden gave that hateful speech.

In an idealistic world, I wouldn't have to choose between either one of them. But, we don't live in an idealistic world. So, therefore, I must be realistic. And being realistic means I reluctantly cast my vote for Mr. Trump, because President Biden purposefully creating a border crisis is treason, in my book.

Do you know that President Biden is proposing a 'wealth' tax in his latest budget proposal, with total spending of over seven trillion dollars? I thought he was supposed to be a moderate, not an ultra far-left progressive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2024, 09:13 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Per title, given his "get off my lawn, you MAGA hooligans!!" speech, and the disastrous, "WTF was that, jeezus h tapdancing kee-RIST" Republican response, I'd say the SOTU was a net neutral for both parties, since they both managed to make everyone in America say "wow, these people suck so hard" with equal voices and volume.

Biden lost and then what's her name from AL said "you think that was a bad speech...well hold mah beer, son..."

Both were sufficiently bad that I don't know how us non-voting non-statists didn't get like 10-15 million applicants to join our club the next day.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:21 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Again the irony is not lost that this was said by a Trump supporter
Trump can be mean to some people, he's not crooked, he's old but not as old as crooked Joe, he's selfish, he's not hateful but he can be a SOB. There's no doubting he was a much better President than Crooked Joe.

Old 03-14-2024, 12:14 PM

23,560 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
And Trump promised to build a wall and come up with a better health plan. He aso promised to drain the swamp of corruption and proceeded to brinng to Washiington a laundry list of people who were convicted of felonies after their arruval.

Biden tried to unite the country but it was clear MAGA had no interest.
When did that happen?

Here? When he'd tried even harder to divide the country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2bn3SEfPmI

Why would MAGA be interested in ^that???

Quote:
We saw F@*# Biden flags and signs before he even took office
Yeah? Some mean flags? Sorry bud, but we saw a whole lot worse with the lefties cringy hateful posters, flags, talk, etc., that had been aimed at Trump.

You should really get out of your bubble and see what's really been going on.

Old 03-14-2024, 12:22 PM

23,560 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Per title, given his "get off my lawn, you MAGA hooligans!!" speech, and the disastrous, "WTF was that, jeezus h tapdancing kee-RIST" Republican response, I'd say the SOTU was a net neutral for both parties, since they both managed to make everyone in America say "wow, these people suck so hard" with equal voices and volume.

Biden lost and then what's her name from AL said "you think that was a bad speech...well hold mah beer, son..."

Both were sufficiently bad that I don't know how us non-voting non-statists didn't get like 10-15 million applicants to join our club the next day.

Biden* was angry and hateful, and she came across as a silly chipmunk. Who'd dug her up to do that anyway, whoever it was should be flogged. yikes.

Old 03-14-2024, 01:51 PM

1,422 posts, read 725,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
No one in the media or his base has noticed that all of his SOTU speeches have been just one speech that he's been repeating every year, almost word for word?
I did, he even got the years mixed up.

He's been basically saying the same exact speech since at least 2022.

Old 03-14-2024, 01:53 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
I haven't watched the SOTU in years - people know what's going on as they are living it. I'm not surprised there wasn't a bump.

Old 03-15-2024, 06:13 AM

59,041 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
It should be pointed out that at this point in the election year Trump trainled Hillary by 8.5 points in 2016 and Reagn was behind by 14 points in the polls. A lot can happen, including a felony conviction, between now and November.
"can happen" goes with if, might, could maybe, etc., etc., etc.

Old 03-15-2024, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
Thats what bugs me when people get excited over polls they are up and down and anything can happen. Both men is unpopular and old and one has dementia and the other one has legal problems.

I think the women rights is really going to hurt the republicans.
"people get excited over polls"
They seldom do any research as to the bias and methodology of the pollsters.

Most only poll around a thousand or so.

I don't believe a thousand or so can represent the millions.

I found out 1 who is used a lot only polls 30 years old and under. Of course this is NOT exposed when they reveal their "poll".

Most don't even provide their methodology any more.

What are they afraid of?

I found this of 1 poll that is used a lot, "They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes."

What are they hiding? Their bias.

Old 03-15-2024, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Trump can be mean to some people, he's not crooked, he's old but not as old as crooked Joe, he's selfish, he's not hateful but he can be a SOB. There's no doubting he was a much better President than Crooked Joe.
"Trump", "he's selfish"

You make a claim, you are going to have to back that up.

For 1 thing, he volunteered to use his OWN jet, it's bigger then Air Force 1, AND pay for the expenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies