Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 02:44 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,142,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So people stealing isn’t the problem, it’s that we don’t like the dollar tree business model?
I can tell you the vast majority of the theft is coming from employees not external theft. In any retail operation the majority of the shrink is internal. There are no roving bands of shoplifting crews hitting dollar stores. More than likely their losses are due to them running a bare bones operation with little to no internal controls to prevent loss.

Making this into a political football is weak sauce guys.

Old 03-15-2024, 02:52 PM

13,984 posts, read 5,647,020 times
Forget the specific store/chain/corporation, and simply ask how long any society, nation, collective lasts, or at the very least, continues to prosper when the government essentially tells the populace that they do not care about the rights of private property and self-defense. Not only will we not secure, protect and defend those rights, we will punish you, the individual, if you dare try to do it yourself.

Name any nation that disregarded BOTH of those fundamental rights and did not suffer dire consequences. Just one. Ever.

Old 03-15-2024, 10:57 PM

1,835 posts, read 816,298 times
Theft is not the issue as much as their ****-poor business plan of miniaturizing & decreasing quality of the product & terrible treatment of employees. There isn't anything worth stealing, thieves would rather steal at Target, Walgreens, Walmart or the local supermarket.

One of the local Dollar Trees went TWO YEARS with no a/c because tweakers ravaged it. The solution? Close the store & send employees home. Many customers including myself contacted L&I, OSHA, etc. Apparently employee health isn't a priority. The a/c was recently replaced & put in tweaker-proof cages, we'll see how that works; probably not that well, b/c NO ONE wants to work there, & why would they?. There was recently a hand-written sign in the door of the other Dollar Tree offering to pay by the day in cash to get people to stock shelves. There was a guy down rhe block with his cardboard begging sign. Why would he stock shelves when he can make more standing with a cardboard sign?

Old 03-16-2024, 12:08 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,580,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Theft is not the issue as much as their ****-poor business plan of miniaturizing & decreasing quality of the product & terrible treatment of employees. There isn't anything worth stealing, thieves would rather steal at Target, Walgreens, Walmart or the local supermarket.

One of the local Dollar Trees went TWO YEARS with no a/c because tweakers ravaged it. The solution? Close the store & send employees home. Many customers including myself contacted L&I, OSHA, etc. Apparently employee health isn't a priority. The a/c was recently replaced & put in tweaker-proof cages, we'll see how that works; probably not that well, b/c NO ONE wants to work there, & why would they?. There was recently a hand-written sign in the door of the other Dollar Tree offering to pay by the day in cash to get people to stock shelves. There was a guy down rhe block with his cardboard begging sign. Why would he stock shelves when he can make more standing with a cardboard sign?

Easier to look himself in the mirror.

Old 03-16-2024, 04:20 AM

20,102 posts, read 20,910,392 times
They’re all hit or miss.
I’ve been in some super clean nice organized stores, and I’ve also been in stores that looked like Hiroshima after the blast.

Old 03-16-2024, 07:38 AM

1,886 posts, read 854,489 times
i like the self check out, but they are taikg them out due to thief. stores are closing due to thief. Lowes are locking up tools due to thief. walmart and others are closing stores because of thief. I have even seen burger joint close. Portland as an example the place in mourrla.

maybe we need to stop the thief, maybe with fear. shop lift, ten years. make the purnishment so bad you fear going to jail

i dont speed because of fear of the ticket. maybe commit a crime with a gun. 45 years. illegal immigration, immediatly deport that day, no green card. get on the bus gus, you got family, not my problem

Old 03-16-2024, 07:48 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,189,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Probably because they literally because 9 times outta 10 only put 1 employee to look after the entire store"

In all the times i visited them, I NEVER experienced that.
And I have one around the corner that is almost always like that.
Daughter interviewed with them, they mentioned to her that they couldn't keep staff at that store and mgr was often working alone. She backed away from that real quick, not the kind of situation she wanted to be working in.

Old 03-16-2024, 08:18 AM

25,878 posts, read 18,894,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Allow the private property owner to defend their property with force, and there'd be less theft. Guarantee.

The root cause of crime is sociopaths who disregard the natural, individual rights of others by initiating force against them. There is no logical or moral justification for initiating force. It is always incorrect, immoral and illogical, always and everywhere.

You cannot rationalize it, you cannot excuse it. You can either defend against it with vigor, or you can roll over and remain its willing victim. Period.
This sums up the situation we all face pretty well.

And of course, the lefties choose the latter on your penultimate sentence: they always roll over and remain a willing victim. And they expect all the rest of us to do the same.

Old 03-16-2024, 08:26 AM

13,984 posts, read 5,647,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This sums up the situation we all face pretty well.

And of course, the lefties choose the latter on your penultimate sentence: they always roll over and remain a willing victim. And they expect all the rest of us to do the same.
They seek to weaken the populace constantly, and one of the ways to do that is to make the victim feel that their victimization is part of the natural order, that those who harm them did so for a noble purpose thus rendering the initiation of force harmless or forgivable.

The reason they do this is because if too many of us started thinking we could quite easily and properly take care of our own self-defense, we might start asking why we are letting 536 morons rule us with such absolute authority? They cannot have this. Therefore, they set all manner of insane rules for what constitutes harm, what amount of defense the weak individual is allowed, etc.

Old 03-16-2024, 09:13 AM

6,754 posts, read 3,378,409 times
You have to be pretty much of a lowlife to commit retail theft, but stealing from a Dollar Store? That's bottom-of-the-barrel stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.