Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2024, 11:21 AM

43,085 posts, read 18,259,632 times

Advertisements

The guy is dead. He was killed by the Federal government and nothing will happen.

Old 03-22-2024, 11:34 AM

50,772 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The guy is dead. He was killed by the Federal government and nothing will happen.
Just like nothing happened when the exact same thing happened to Breonna Taylor. In her case, though, they didn’t even announce themselves as police officers.

Old 03-22-2024, 03:51 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Just as planned. And the long range goal is for these agencies to do anything they please, like the SS, with absolutely no repercussions or even a peep from anyone for fear of retribution. That's how a police state works.

Old 03-22-2024, 05:54 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,050,232 times
I suspect most people commenting haven't actually read the search warrant. It shows the guy was clearly illegally selling guns and he knew it. They found guns he bought in multiple crime scenes. He offered to sell guns with no paperwork and knew what he was doing.

So I'm not buying the BS about "he probably didn't expect the Feds to come to his house." Please. This dude was an airport director, and obviously was no idiot. He filled out a 4473 every single time he bought a gun. He knew exactly what he was doing.

What he should have done is not shot at the cops and his future would merely be prison instead of being dead. Criminality like this is so much worse than the example of some black kid selling crack on the street. Crack just hurts the user, in order to not be on the wrong side of it, one simply has to choose not to use it. Guns in the wrong hands can easily hurt others who have no choice in the matter.

This dude effed around and found out. I feel for his family. It's a shame he chose to make the choices he did given his station in life. Completely unnecessary.

Old 03-22-2024, 06:20 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
I suspect most people commenting haven't actually read the search warrant. It shows the guy was clearly illegally selling guns and he knew it. They found guns he bought in multiple crime scenes. He offered to sell guns with no paperwork and knew what he was doing.

So I'm not buying the BS about "he probably didn't expect the Feds to come to his house." Please. This dude was an airport director, and obviously was no idiot. He filled out a 4473 every single time he bought a gun. He knew exactly what he was doing.

What he should have done is not shot at the cops and his future would merely be prison instead of being dead. Criminality like this is so much worse than the example of some black kid selling crack on the street. Crack just hurts the user, in order to not be on the wrong side of it, one simply has to choose not to use it. Guns in the wrong hands can easily hurt others who have no choice in the matter.

This dude effed around and found out. I feel for his family. It's a shame he chose to make the choices he did given his station in life. Completely unnecessary.
I suspect you aren't hearing that we issue search, not attack warrants. Especially since evidence can't be disappeared pre dawn army tactics are not appropriate

Old 03-22-2024, 06:27 PM

5,986 posts, read 3,727,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Read the warrant affidavit. There was heaps of evidence that Malinkowski had been selling firearms he had owned of periods as short as one day. He sold firearms at multiple gun shows per month. Multiple firearms he had purchased were found at crime scenes, and ATF undercover agents purchased multiple firearms from him.
I haven't seen the warrant. Is that linked somewhere here?

Even if what you say is true, how does that justify busting down someone's door at 6 AM and going in with guns blazing? If they have the evidence to prove those allegations, then the time of day of his arrest isn't going to change a darn thing. They could arrest him on the way to work or at noon and this wouldn't change the evidence one way or the other, would it?

Old 03-22-2024, 07:40 PM

15,429 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I haven't seen the warrant. Is that linked somewhere here?

Even if what you say is true, how does that justify busting down someone's door at 6 AM and going in with guns blazing? If they have the evidence to prove those allegations, then the time of day of his arrest isn't going to change a darn thing. They could arrest him on the way to work or at noon and this wouldn't change the evidence one way or the other, would it?

I linked the warrant and affidavit in post 80

Link to warrant and affidavit https://wehco.media.clients.ellingto...RICT_COURT.pdf

The warrant was a search warrant, not an arrest warrant. So, no, they could not have arrested or detained the suspect on his way to work.

We do not have all the details yet on what happened. Did ATF break down the door? Did ATF announce and Malinkowski shouted "you'll never take me alive, copper" and then shot at ATF through a window or after opening the door? I will withhold judgement until we hear what actually happened.

Old 03-22-2024, 09:08 PM

5,986 posts, read 3,727,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I linked the warrant and affidavit in post 80

Link to warrant and affidavit https://wehco.media.clients.ellingto...RICT_COURT.pdf

The warrant was a search warrant, not an arrest warrant.
So, no, they could not have arrested or detained the suspect on his way to work.

We do not have all the details yet on what happened. Did ATF break down the door? Did ATF announce and Malinkowski shouted "you'll never take me alive, copper" and then shot at ATF through a window or after opening the door? I will withhold judgement until we hear what actually happened.
That was not a "search warrant" at all. Have you even read it? It refers to the ATF agents shooting Malinowski and that he is not expected to survive. How could a search warrant know in advance what is going to happen once they break down the door?

EDIT: OK, I read further and I do see an Application for a Search Warrant. That still doesn't explain WHY they had to bust the door down at 6 AM.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:02 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I suspect you aren't hearing that we issue search, not attack warrants. Especially since evidence can't be disappeared pre dawn army tactics are not appropriate
Most here didn't have a problem with no knock attack warrant and murder of Breonna Taylor. I remember the posts here blamed her for associating with a drug dealer.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:16 PM

1,651 posts, read 866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Most here didn't have a problem with no knock attack warrant and murder of Breonna Taylor. I remember the posts here blamed her for associating with a drug dealer.
Exactly, typically when its a LeRoy, Damon, or Keisha its "well he/she shouldn't have been associating with criminals, or engaged in criminal behaviors. Don't forget the "they should have just cooperated." It's amazing how people's perception and outrage changes when its "one of their own."

One another note, I do believe changes are needed to how they serve these warrants. Hopefully this case brings attention to this cause to get some reforms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.