Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 11:45 AM

8,940 posts, read 2,962,691 times

Advertisements

In our next (almost daily) episode of the EV hoax unraveling, now this from Ford.

Their big, expensive F150 Lightning that can't tow, doesn't have much range, isn't very good in the cold, weighs 35% more than the ICE F150, can't be refilled on a job site very easily, etc. is failing.

I'm shocked.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...on-2024-01-19/

It's getting comical at this point, people.

Last edited by paracord; 01-19-2024 at 11:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2024, 11:47 AM

5,921 posts, read 2,755,287 times
Oh great...

Looks like the Climate Will Keep On Changing! Darn it.

Old 01-19-2024, 12:06 PM

43,057 posts, read 18,237,901 times
With all these automakers stopping production will they have to give back all the money the government gave them to build the EV's ?

That's $15 billion we're talking about.

Old 01-19-2024, 12:44 PM

24,469 posts, read 17,211,031 times
Last month I bought a new F150 and I didn't even consider the EV version. I went to several different dealers and they all had several Lightnings on their lots because no one was buying them. The dealer that had the truck I bought had a new Mustang EV in the showroom and the sales guy was not very enthusiastic about it and said, it is not for everyone.

I think Ford as others are finding out that EV's are not for everyone and "everyone" is getting to be fewer and fewer.

If EV's were so much better that ICE than the Feds wouldn't have to offering incentives to get people to buy them nor creating mandates where we will eventually be forced to buy one.

Where did all the Billions go that was supposed to be used to build charging stations across this country? I think the Feds knew that the push for EV's was a joke and a money grab.

Old 01-19-2024, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Last month I bought a new F150 and I didn't even consider the EV version. I went to several different dealers and they all had several Lightnings on their lots because no one was buying them. The dealer that had the truck I bought had a new Mustang EV in the showroom and the sales guy was not very enthusiastic about it and said, it is not for everyone.

I think Ford as others are finding out that EV's are not for everyone and "everyone" is getting to be fewer and fewer.

If EV's were so much better that ICE than the Feds wouldn't have to offering incentives to get people to buy them nor creating mandates where we will eventually be forced to buy one.

Where did all the Billions go that was supposed to be used to build charging stations across this country? I think the Feds knew that the push for EV's was a joke and a money grab.
That was in the bill signed in 2021.
The government installed it's first charging station somewhere in Ohio in December 2023.

So it looks like the government can install a single charging station every 2 years.
And Biden has the goal of 500,000 charging stations....one every 50 miles.

That's gonna be a long, long wait.

Old 01-19-2024, 12:49 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That was in the bill signed in 2021.
The government installed it's first charging station somewhere in Ohio in December 2023.

So it looks like the government can install a single charging station every 2 years.
And Biden has the goal of 500,000 charging stations....one every 50 miles.

That's gonna be a long, long wait.
Perfect analogy is this Seinfeld clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx1qC6yljlc

Old 01-19-2024, 12:53 PM

6,791 posts, read 9,340,858 times
I’m not sure why anyone would buy an electric truck at ths point, since they generally can’t tow very far.

Couldn’t imagine stopping every 90-100 miles to sit for at least a half hour or more to charge while I’m towing my camper.

I know we’ve got some EV enthusiasts who fly off the handle and get angry about any criticism of EVs and I already know what they will say: “most people who drive trucks rarely tow anyway, so what’s the issue?”

Old 01-19-2024, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I’m not sure why anyone would buy an electric truck at ths point, since they generally can’t tow very far.

Couldn’t imagine stopping every 90-100 miles to sit for at least a half hour or more to charge while I’m towing my camper.

I know we’ve got some EV enthusiasts who fly off the handle and get angry about any criticism of EVs and I already know what they will say: “most people who drive trucks rarely tow anyway, so what’s the issue?”
Nah..it's for the wannabe's who live in the city and drive 8 blocks to work
Those "trucks" will never be driven in dirt.

You know...all hat and no cattle.

I could not imagine living rural with something like that hauling fence poles and rolls of fencing in the bed and you still have 50 miles to go.

Been there, done that and would NEVER, EVER think to buy and EV.

I had a Dodge Ram for that job.

Old 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM

5,978 posts, read 2,233,652 times
Well, they will go on sale now.

Old 01-19-2024, 01:01 PM

30,349 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
In our next (almost daily) episode of the EV hoax unraveling, now this from Ford.

Their big, expensive F150 Lightning that can't tow, doesn't have much range, isn't very good in the cold, weighs 35% more than the ICE F150, can't be refilled on a job site very easily, etc. is failing.

I'm shocked.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...on-2024-01-19/

It's getting comical at this point, people.
The main reason is Cybertruck has over 2 million orders, not much left for Ford. The Cybertuck will tow anything I want to tow, I don't have to worry about the cold (Phoenix), weighs about the same as a Ram TRX (also quicker), and is 8 times more energy efficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies