Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2024, 04:25 PM

5,857 posts, read 3,266,478 times

Advertisements

I hear that a NY State trooper left the force because he was given the task of confiscating guns from New Yorkers.

Can anyone verify this?

Old 05-16-2024, 04:32 PM

4,552 posts, read 4,084,559 times
Doesn't sound like a safe job.

I mean they have "red flag" laws there. The state there has decreed they can tell their cops to go do 2nd and 5nd amendment violations there.

Old 05-16-2024, 04:43 PM

6,845 posts, read 3,088,468 times
Haven't heard of any cases here about that here. Nor any 'red flag' cases.

Do you mean confiscating "Illegal" guns from criminals?
They should start with that.

Old 05-16-2024, 04:46 PM

11,974 posts, read 6,266,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I hear that a NY State trooper left the force because he was given the task of confiscating guns from New Yorkers.

Can anyone verify this?
Verify what? You offer no details as to who left the force or what specific task they were given.

OK, I can verify somebody generic probably did something unspecific to somebody else.

Old 05-16-2024, 05:07 PM

7,763 posts, read 4,049,739 times
Quote:

Can anyone verify this?
I don't believe it. The past four years have proven most LEOs will do whatever they're told regardless of the legality of the order. And it hurts me to say that as I generally respect what they do.

Old 05-16-2024, 07:30 PM

20,325 posts, read 21,070,057 times
Well it is the communist state of NY, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they were doing this.

Old 05-17-2024, 08:16 AM

10,022 posts, read 4,758,549 times
NY and NYC have been tough on gun owership. The leftist mindset is the object/thing is the problem and not the person using it. Got x amount of guns off the streets is resume fodder for numerous Democrat politicians.

Old 05-17-2024, 10:55 AM

Quote:

Can anyone verify this?
OK, as far as I can tell, New York passed "red flag laws" and the current idiot governor has expanded who they cover.

Red flag laws were conceived as well intentioned laws to proactively remove guns from people who are a temporary or permanent danger to other. People who have severe mental illness, or say someone with a history of violence whose wife has a protection order against pending divorce.

The intention was to take away their guns so they can't go and hurt and kill people.

Commie gun banners abuse red flags are as an excuse to confiscate guns generally. They take guns away from people who aren't a danger and there is no real investigation. Someon can make a wild claim that Joe Blow is a danger, and the police come get his guns, no hearing, no appeal.

That is why red flag laws are bad.

Being a progressive commie type gun banner, the current New York governor wants to confiscate guns from any and all law-abiding residents that she can. To that end, she has expanded who red flag laws apply to, leading to a historic number of gun confiscations. Some 2,500 New Yorkers have had their guns taken away in the past 3 years.

I would not be surprised in the least if some of the police simply can't stomach confiscating guns from law abiding residents, and it is the straw that broke the camels back for them and they resigned.

Don't vote for commie gun banners and don't vote for laws that give them that power. Don't live in a state where commie gun banners have that kind of power. That is just another reason so many people are moving to Florida.

Old 05-17-2024, 10:59 AM

Your title " Is It True that New York State Troopers Are Busy Confiscating Guns".

No, there is no widespread gun confiscation going on in New York state. It is not a mass confiscation. It is not like they are going door to door.

New York police are being required to enforce red flag laws and confiscate guns from people unjustly being accused of being a danger, so yes there is a small number of New Yorkers unfairly and illegally having their guns taken away because the governor hates them owning guns.

No, it is not a massive or widespread practice.

The crazy thing is that New York's red flag laws were ruled unconstitutional, but New York is enforcing them anyway. Commie dictators only like the laws they like and even enforce them illegally or refuse to enforce them when they should -- such as refusing to prosecute violent criminals and letting them off scott free.

There is a reason I didn't move to a commie blue state.

Old 05-18-2024, 07:58 AM
Status: "Wasting time in the internet, just like you." (set 9 days ago)

1,292 posts, read 676,492 times
Quote:

Can anyone verify this?
How exactly did you "hear" this? If NY state troopers are "busy" confiscating guns there should certainly be some info online you could find.

Are you a resident of NY yourself? I would figure local news sources would cover this, especially if state troopers are kept busy doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies