Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 01:37 AM

3,880 posts, read 1,812,269 times

Advertisements

I recently watched this interview featuring a man who is former U.S. Army Intel NCO currently working for Vets4 NRF ( National Resistance Front of Afghanistan) break down the truth about our state department and its relationship with the Taliban. It's unfathomable to me that our government would approve this funding.

Why?

He also goes on to talk about the disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal that left $86 billion dollars worth of equipment, tanks, weapons all in the hands of terrorists like Taliban, Isis, Al-Qaeda etc....

Very informative and worth listening to. Many former military men who spent time in Afghanistan, in the comment section supported his remarks as being truthful. He also talks about China and their red belt initiative and the current weapons-for minerals-deal they have with the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Clearly, Afghanistan needs new leadership, because according to the man in the interview the Taliban are currently in control there.

Was our time spent there a complete waste? It was really sad hearing how the Taliban are still searching for anyone who worked with the U.S. in Afghanistan and targeting their families.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pOxlxXa_coM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2024, 03:29 AM

Sorry correction the China infrastructure project is the belt and road initiative, that was a typo.

Old 05-15-2024, 05:05 AM

6,216 posts, read 3,428,658 times
Good thing we got out of there. You know, so we would stop wasting money.

We are in about a dozen other countries in the region and we spend billions of dollars annually, but Afghanistan?

We just had to leave.

Which caused a lot of death during our surrender/evacuation.

Which caused hundreds of thousands of refugees, which cost the US billions more to process them, move them, feed them, house them, care for them.

This whole debacle would be hilarious if I was Chinese or Russian. But since I spent more than a decade in the AOR, it’s nothing short of tragic.

We are such a stupid country.

Old 05-15-2024, 07:33 AM

1,585 posts, read 925,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post

Was our time spent there a complete waste?
Yes. And even worse, now we have to take in the 60% of the Afghan population because they were "interpreters." Funny that all those "interpreters" come to the U.S.A. and suddenly need real interpreters to help them fill out their documents and complete their interviews.

Old Yesterday, 12:13 AM

Doesn't anyone care that our tax dollars are funding the very organization that kills our soldiers in the Middle East? And has more plans to attack us in the future?

Take time to listen to this.

Old Yesterday, 12:46 AM

13,425 posts, read 7,427,874 times
Should the US send military back to Afghanistan I don't think so. The issue is Afghanistan men really don't care if the Taliban are running the country. Yes it was a big mistake to stay in Afghanistan. It should have been a quick take out Ben Laden and leave. How we never learned the lesson from Vietnam shows me that history does repeat itself.

The UN is now on the hook to take care of starving people there which the US is part of the money will end up back in the Taliban's hands. Taliban men who run the country don't care about starving people they only care about power, and control. This is no different then North Koreans were starving we didn't send money there.

https://www.propublica.org/article/u...liban-takeover

The withdraw from Vietnam was almost exactly the same we left billions of dollars of hardware there at least 50 years later Vietnam turned out to be a nice place now days. Looking back the North Vietnamese were able to govern better then a propped up corrupt south ever was able to. We see that same thing in Afghanistan with the Ghani Government was corrupted the country didn't respect him.

Will Afghanistan ever be like Vietnam maybe if they can raise the standard of living.

The video I watched after I wrote above, but he confirms how under the Trump administrations the Doha agreement set the stage for what is happening today.

Last edited by kell490; Yesterday at 01:08 AM..

Old Yesterday, 03:42 AM

10,579 posts, read 4,107,107 times
Afghanistan, like Ukraine, is just a great way for the corrupt politicians to launder tax payer money out of the US and into their own pockets in the form of stocks, bonds, elaborate gifts, you name it.

Old Yesterday, 05:07 AM

27,375 posts, read 13,612,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

We are in about a dozen other countries in the region and we spend billions of dollars annually, but Afghanistan?

We just had to leave.

Which caused hundreds of thousands of refugees, which cost the US billions more to process them, move them, feed them, house them, care for them.

This whole debacle would be hilarious if I was Chinese or Russian. But since I spent more than a decade in the AOR, it’s nothing short of tragic.

I think the way Biden withdrew without even consulting allies and causing the deaths of numerous people including US military personnel was a mess.

Then again the entire war on terror was mainly one big giant mess, and the truth is US career politicians such as Biden really don't care about the mess they leave or the lives they destroy or the tax payers money they waste, and they often just take allies for granted.

The truth is the $2 trillion spent in Afghanistan and $1.1 Trillion in Iraq would have been better spent on US infrastructure and on Americans citizens, whilst it beggars belied that the US is still wasting tax payers money in the region.

Old Yesterday, 05:25 AM

8,029 posts, read 3,540,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

We just had to leave.

Leaving was the right decision. How we left was either staggering ineptness or deliberate sabotage on the part of the Biden administration.

Old Yesterday, 06:25 AM

37,536 posts, read 61,583,568 times
When the US spawns these groups we need to keep them going otherwise they will dissolve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies