Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 01:30 PM

9,595 posts, read 31,615,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Again, this is all heresay. Just because it's two lesbians people automatically assume they were having full-on sex in the stands. Give me a break & grow up!
Interesting comment, karfar . . . are you implying anyone, including a representative of Safeco Field who probably witnesses just about everything on a daily basis, would be offended by a simple PECK ON THE CHEEK?

I SERIOUS DOUBT IT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 02:03 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,864,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
oh i forgot the other part to this.

so the mom says she does not want to explain why two women kiss...

well i suppose you can choose to kep your kids in the dark about this worlds diversity, but what would she do if let say she say...

a white man with a black baby?

or an inter racial couple?

or a hot cougar with her new boy toy?

with children its easier to give simple explanations and leave it at that.

"its ok, they are probably in love. love comes in all shapes and sizes. thats all they are doing baby, now finish your dodger dog"

it really works.

kids are the most accepting people in this world.

i remeber a billboard that showed a a diverse group of kids hugging. the tag line...

NO ONE IS BORN A BIGOT.

as a parent you have the choice to teach your kids love, acceptance and respect for diversity or you can pass on the hate you got filled with when you were younger.

lets try to be different and accepting of other people who mean no harm to us.
I don't disagree with you at all. I'm trying to teach my son that there are all types of relationships out there and none of them are wrong. Believe it or not, I'm one of the more accepting people I know. My son has a friend with lesbian parents (not together anymore though, bad situation but I'm friends with both of them) so I've already had this conversation with him. The fun part was explaining how his friend was born since he doesn't have a daddy but one of them gave birth to him. I did my best and thank goodness he wasn't ready to hear all the nitty gritty details though and didn't give him any reason to think it's wrong. He has biracial friends and I'm friends with those folks too. But if they were making out, it was wrong. If it was a peck, I'd not have a problem with it. It's those folks who think everyone wants to be privy to their heavy petting sessions. I'm no prude but there is a time and place for everything. The ball park is not the time or place for making out. The kiss cam is totally different and lesbians or gays wouldn't bother me on there at all.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:10 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,396,063 times
Although I haven't seen the video, I think it may have been done for titillation rather than affection. That, combined with the opportunity to sue and get some fame out of the deal (keep in mind she was on a reality tv show and considers herself a celebrity).

Affection can be shown many different ways. Licking each other's tonsils doesn't have to be the only way you can display your devotion to others, if you feel the need to do so.

I do not believe this was anything but grandstanding on one level or another.

Either they were turned on by turning all the dorky men getting excited ("LOOK, Lesbians kissing! WHEE!"), or they're doing the blatant, in-your-face, "Love it or leave" gay thing. Plus, as a bonus, getting some air time on TV and some loot from a potential lawsuit.

Any of which are reprehensible at a family event.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:29 PM

36,641 posts, read 67,303,265 times
My BF and I kissed at an A's game once, nothing heavy, just a short liplock(LOL). Somebody screamed "get a room" and some laughed, a few actually clapped..but no hate though.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:31 PM

Well hopefully someone's got video (not of you lol) of this and we can debate the perspective of whether or not it was in good taste (no pun intended) and just affection, or if it was gratuitous.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:49 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,348,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Well hopefully someone's got video (not of you lol) of this and we can debate the perspective of whether or not it was in good taste (no pun intended) and just affection, or if it was gratuitous.
I'm so there.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:49 PM

I had a feeling...

Old 06-05-2008, 02:51 PM

9,354 posts, read 20,724,395 times
I think lesbians ought to have a perfume called "F*** off, Mister!"

Old 06-05-2008, 03:10 PM

9,879 posts, read 10,795,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I am on the fence with this one....how hot were the lesbians?
Were talking Seattle, you can figure Rosie Odonnel, Sandra Bernhard hot! Perfect example why I stay out of that cesspool of a city!

Old 06-05-2008, 03:51 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,348,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Were talking Seattle, you can figure Rosie Odonnel, Sandra Bernhard hot! Perfect example why I stay out of that cesspool of a city!
There's a picture in the article. Not a 10, but she could be worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies