Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:52 PM

413 posts, read 782,391 times

Advertisements

Attention seeker alert!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 05:25 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
Attention seeker alert!
I agree 100%, Frenchman . . . ATTENTION plus possibly a LAWSUIT is on the horizon.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I agree 100%, Frenchman . . . ATTENTION plus possibly a LAWSUIT is on the horizon.
I can't argue with that, I think it's right on the money.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:24 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Interesting comment, karfar . . . are you implying anyone, including a representative of Safeco Field who probably witnesses just about everything on a daily basis, would be offended by a simple PECK ON THE CHEEK?

I SERIOUS DOUBT IT!
No, and I don't recall even mentioning just a peck on the cheek. What I am saying is that, as some of you are assuming that a) this was a heavy-make out session & b) it was done just for attention, I am assuming that what actually happened was two people were engaging in some kisses. Whether it be longer or shorter kisses, doesn't matter. I'm not going to get technical & start counting the length of so-called kisses. Anyway, if these two people were two heterosexuals having some kisses, I guarantee no one but the prudest of the prude would object. But because it was two females kissing, up go the alarms. It's hypocritical.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:33 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,379,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
No, and I don't recall even mentioning just a peck on the cheek. What I am saying is that, as some of you are assuming that a) this was a heavy-make out session & b) it was done just for attention, I am assuming that what actually happened was two people were engaging in some kisses. Whether it be longer or shorter kisses, doesn't matter. I'm not going to get technical & start counting the length of so-called kisses. Anyway, if these two people were two heterosexuals having some kisses, I guarantee no one but the prudest of the prude would object. But because it was two females kissing, up go the alarms. It's hypocritical.
It's assumption and speculation either way. All joking aside, PDA is PDA. It's distasteful at times, but not illegal. I don't think we should have a double standard, but we do, as a society. If it was a straight couple, it'd likely have been a non-issue. 2 girls? It's a problem. 2 dudes? It woulda been a firestorm.

I don't think gay people should have to keep this stuff to themselves anymore than straight people. "But what we tell our children?!?!?!?" I dunno. The same thing you'll eventually tell them when it comes up some other way. I know it sucks to have to actually talk to your kids about something awkward, but you'll survive.

You can't decide when to broach what topics with your kids. You can't pick when you talk to them about death or the birds and the bees or anything else. You cross those bridges when you get there. I promise that your kid won't find it as awkward as you do, most likely.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
It's assumption and speculation either way. All joking aside, PDA is PDA. It's distasteful at times, but not illegal. I don't think we should have a double standard, but we do, as a society. If it was a straight couple, it'd likely have been a non-issue. 2 girls? It's a problem. 2 dudes? It woulda been a firestorm.

I don't think gay people should have to keep this stuff to themselves anymore than straight people. "But what we tell our children?!?!?!?" I dunno. The same thing you'll eventually tell them when it comes up some other way. I know it sucks to have to actually talk to your kids about something awkward, but you'll survive.

You can't decide when to broach what topics with your kids. You can't pick when you talk to them about death or the birds and the bees or anything else. You cross those bridges when you get there. I promise that your kid won't find it as awkward as you do, most likely.
I know, now granted I don't have kids however I've been around them. What exactly is the big deal just telling them what's going on? Isn't that what parents do every day? Tell their kids what is going on? So stupid & immature & close-minded & I'll say it...even detrimental to their kids.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:49 PM

20,322 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Were they hot looking? That makes a HUGE difference in how I approach this subject.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Were they hot looking? That makes a HUGE difference in how I approach this subject.
Oh lordie lordie....I just saw the one pic, she wasn't too bad. I watched Tila Tequila & I don't remember her.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:03 PM

20,322 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
.... Tila Tequila & I don't remember her.
Kinda skanky lookin' imo. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Kinda skanky lookin' imo. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Ha! Most people on those kind of shows are....as a matter of fact, most people on Tila Tequila were not that attractive, VERY skany looking. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies