Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 07:24 PM

4,552 posts, read 4,085,292 times

Advertisements

I'm sure you could find some Israel lovers right here saying the same. I guess that would make it news worthy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 10:53 PM

3 posts, read 848 times
It's wrong to say "Nazis don't deserve to live". Wasn't there some movie about some guy who tried to assassinate Hitler? Well, that's wrong too. No one should be calling for the death of other people. No one should play God and decide who deserves to live.

Old 05-26-2024, 11:50 AM

73,236 posts, read 62,923,405 times
I wonder where said person is now.

Old 05-26-2024, 12:13 PM

7,780 posts, read 4,073,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I can't think of any respectable, reputable organization that would hire this fruitcake for anything besides bathroom attendant.
Admissions and employee recruitment favors activists. All the top schools have adopted that policy. And they are surprised their schools are full of nutcases?

Old 05-26-2024, 12:15 PM

51,232 posts, read 36,914,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wonder where said person is now.
He’s still actively involved in the cause, one of the leaders behind the recent protests.

Old 05-26-2024, 12:22 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,491,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto33 View Post
It's wrong to say "Nazis don't deserve to live". Wasn't there some movie about some guy who tried to assassinate Hitler? Well, that's wrong too. No one should be calling for the death of other people. No one should play God and decide who deserves to live.
It’s amazing what one reads here.

Old 05-26-2024, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He’s still actively involved in the cause, one of the leaders behind the recent protests.
Just sad. Plain old sad.

Old 05-26-2024, 12:58 PM

2,993 posts, read 1,181,785 times
There are posters here on this forum that agree with that statement but they wouldn't be as blunt or vile they use very vague wording!

Old 05-26-2024, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
There are posters here on this forum that agree with that statement but they wouldn't be as blunt or vile they use very vague wording!
True. Some people would agree with Khymani James. However, saying such things would get them in trouble. Khymani James doesn't seem to care.

I think Khymani James is just an angry, bigoted person.

Old 05-26-2024, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat363 View Post
I looked a little bit into this guy’s background as well (or at least read about it in another news article.) First, as a Jewish person, I find it astonishing how many people who are not direct parties to this conflict.. that is they are neither Jewish/Israeli nor Palestinian/ Arab/Muslim have such strong and [b]radical[b] opinions on this conflict. It looks like Khymani James is of Afro- Caribbean descent ( which is probably why he references or knows so much about Haiti. ) He is also an openly gay man.

Regarding his comments about Zionists being Nazis and white supremacists ( can’t go back and easily see the exact quote since I am typing this message from a cell phone) there is a growing movement that seems to try and make the Israeli- Palestinian conflict a “race” issue. That is they frame the entire conflict as a conflict between a white group (Jews/ Israelis) vs. a brown group ( Arabs/ Palestinians ) and the “so-called” brown group must automatically be right (regardless of the history of the issue, current facts, etc.)
I mean I bet if you ask this guy anything about the history of this conflict ( or most of the other protesters at Columbia for that matter), they couldn’t tell you and yet he feels so strongly on this issue, that he is willing to beat up and kill Zionists ( and ruin his whole future).

By the way, this stupid idea that the Israeli- Palestinian conflict is a “race issue” comes up so often in pop culture ( media, academia, etc. ) and annoys me to no end, that I was thinking about creating a thread just dedicated to debunking this nonsensical theory. Don’t have time to explain in depth now, but in short: 1) The Israeli- Palestinian conflict itself has nothing to do with race and 2) Even if it did, the Jews are not a homogenous white group ( about half the Jews in Israel have Arab, not European roots) and the Palestinians/ Arabs are not a homogenous brown group ( some Arabs are brown, but many, especially in the Northern part of the Arab world - - Syria, Lebanon, Palestinian have a skin color identical to Europeans).

In any event, my guess is this guy already hated white people ( as you pointed out) and somewhere along the line ( probably in his academic life), he internalized the mistaken notion that this conflict was a conflict between a white group and a brown group and that is why he is both so passionate and hateful towards Jews/Zionists.
Indeed he is a Afro-Caribbean background. So is Louis Farrakhan, another prominent Anti-Semite.

I'm not surprised that there are many non-Jewish/non-Israeli persons who have strong opinions about this conflict. This is why I'm careful about who I discuss this with. It's quite delicate to talk about.

Many people don't know anything about Israel, or the Middle East for that matter. Many people aren't speaking from a position of knowledge, but of hyperbolae. There is a "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality going on. Khymani James happens to be one of those people who "shoot first, asks questions later".

Actually, I know a few people think like Khymani James. Individuals who are perpetually angry and will listen to anyone who affirms his anger. I only know a few Black people who have Anti-Semitic views (one of them is a Holocaust denier). One common thread: Said persons trust no one and are prone to believing in conspiracy theories.

People who believe in conspiracy theories tend to trust no one. They tend to be individuals who will look for anything that will make them feel superior to others. Khymani James seems like that kind of person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies