Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:16 AM

9,155 posts, read 6,202,297 times

Advertisements

Columbian University has differentiated peaceful free speech from incendiary calls for violence.

Columbia University Enforces Campus Ban on Student After Antisemitic Outburst

"Columbia University has enforced a ban on Khymani James, a prominent student protest leader.

James, associated with the student group Columbia University Apartheid Divest (CUAD), was captured in a video stating, “Zionists don’t deserve to live,” and comparing Zionists to Nazis and racists. The video, verified by NBC News, has prompted considerable backlash from the university community and beyond."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...a237458e&ei=18

James also said "“Be grateful that I’m not just going out and murdering Zionists.” " He said he was "upset" at the time he made those remarks.

I guess we should be careful he doesn't get upset with other groups, although he has a history of seeking mass media attention during his highly privileged educational path. I'm sure he will continue to be in headlines as that apparently is his nature.

From 2021, Boston Latin Academy:

"James announced his resignation on Twitter Thursday, posting a thread that began with, "I wanted to inform the public, and my constituents, that I have officially resigned from the Boston Student Advisory Council as well as the Boston School Committee.""

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/...s-resigns-bps/

Also:

"Speaking to one of the employees, James read an earlier statement he had made: "Zionists in my DMs [direct messages] wanting to meet up and fight. I don't fight to injure or for there to be a winner or loser. I fight to kill."

He went on to say that "during the Haitian Revolution, the Haitian slaves had to kill their masters in order to gain their independence. These were masters who were white supremacists. What is a Zionist? A white supremacist.

Responding to James' statement, an X user wrote: "The clip is so egregious, you can't qualify it by saying 'well I felt bad and bad things were said to me.' Your statement also fails to say the word 'sorry.'"

Another user commented: "What's up with pro Palestinians and their desire to kill? This is Khymani James, a leader of Columbia University's anti-Israel Gaza Solidarity Encampment. Just sick?"

Earlier this week James organized a human chain to block a group of what he said were Zionists from entering the protest camp, urging protesters to take "one step forward" in unison and "push them out of the camp.""

https://www.newsweek.com/who-khymani...k-fury-1894488
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:37 AM

5,029 posts, read 7,232,184 times
I can't think of any respectable, reputable organization that would hire this fruitcake for anything besides bathroom attendant.

Old Today, 10:41 AM

1,107 posts, read 561,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Columbian University has differentiated peaceful free speech from incendiary calls for violence.

Columbia University Enforces Campus Ban on Student After Antisemitic Outburst

"Columbia University has enforced a ban on Khymani James, a prominent student protest leader.

James, associated with the student group Columbia University Apartheid Divest (CUAD), was captured in a video stating, “Zionists don’t deserve to live,” and comparing Zionists to Nazis and racists. The video, verified by NBC News, has prompted considerable backlash from the university community and beyond."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...a237458e&ei=18

James also said "“Be grateful that I’m not just going out and murdering Zionists.” " He said he was "upset" at the time he made those remarks.

I guess we should be careful he doesn't get upset with other groups, although he has a history of seeking mass media attention during his highly privileged educational path. I'm sure he will continue to be in headlines as that apparently is his nature.

From 2021, Boston Latin Academy:

"James announced his resignation on Twitter Thursday, posting a thread that began with, "I wanted to inform the public, and my constituents, that I have officially resigned from the Boston Student Advisory Council as well as the Boston School Committee.""

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/...s-resigns-bps/

Also:

"Speaking to one of the employees, James read an earlier statement he had made: "Zionists in my DMs [direct messages] wanting to meet up and fight. I don't fight to injure or for there to be a winner or loser. I fight to kill."

He went on to say that "during the Haitian Revolution, the Haitian slaves had to kill their masters in order to gain their independence. These were masters who were white supremacists. What is a Zionist? A white supremacist.

Responding to James' statement, an X user wrote: "The clip is so egregious, you can't qualify it by saying 'well I felt bad and bad things were said to me.' Your statement also fails to say the word 'sorry.'"

Another user commented: "What's up with pro Palestinians and their desire to kill? This is Khymani James, a leader of Columbia University's anti-Israel Gaza Solidarity Encampment. Just sick?"

Earlier this week James organized a human chain to block a group of what he said were Zionists from entering the protest camp, urging protesters to take "one step forward" in unison and "push them out of the camp.""

https://www.newsweek.com/who-khymani...k-fury-1894488
These ant-semitic radicals are so bold because that type of thought has gotten a lot of oxygen at these progressive campus environments/indoctrination centers. The fire that oxygen fed really came roaring to life after 10/7.

Good old Ilhan Omar decided to visit Columbia recently, and in response to a question about about anti semitic attitudes, she stated that there is "pro genocide Jews, and anti genocide Jews". So apparently it is indeed OK to identify there are the "good Jews, and the bad Jews"...

Last edited by AZ Desert Guy; Today at 11:59 AM..

Old Today, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I can't think of any respectable, reputable organization that would hire this fruitcake for anything besides bathroom attendant.

You're correct, but please don't disparage bathroom attendants. At least they are working to improve the lives of others.

He plans to go into politics and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is his inspiration.

Old Today, 10:49 AM

18,469 posts, read 8,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
doesn't look like he has anything to lose.....might as well go for broke

Old Today, 11:00 AM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
He's just saying out loud what most progressive Democrats think. He learned his hatred from his Democrat professors.

Old Today, 12:17 PM

The hatred and disdain shown by people is disturbing considering past alliances between two persecuted and harassed groups.

Reminds me of the Scorpion and the Frog:

A scorpion wants to cross a river but cannot swim, so it asks a frog to carry it across.

The frog hesitates, afraid that the scorpion might sting it, but the scorpion promises not to, pointing out that it would drown if it killed the frog in the middle of the river.

The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion.

Midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog anyway, dooming them both.

The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replies: "I am sorry, but I couldn't resist the urge. It's my character."

Orson Welles uses this fable in one of his movies and discusses his view of both the frog and the scorpion's character. First, he declares that the frog is an idiot. Many of us feel that way now, after supporting the scorpion through its fights, challenges, and trials.

Of the scorpion, Welles says, "“Character” has two meanings in English. If I talk about my character, that means that I am made like that, it is the equivalent of the Italian “sono fatto cosi.” But in the story of the frog, it’s the other meaning of the word that is not only the way one is made, but also how one has decided to be."

https://www.wellesnet.com/35/

And so we see how people have decided to be.

Old Today, 12:43 PM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Ignore this. The real problem is Catholics and some boys who are proud

Old Today, 12:47 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Who would have thunk the leftists would take up Nazism after calling everyone else and their dog nazis for the past twenty years? What a bunch of hypocritical ***wipes.

Old Today, 12:50 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
And then trying to back off with "But I didn't really mean it".....

These stupid college kids need to wake up and see who is "leading" them.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies