Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2024, 07:42 PM

26,420 posts, read 19,292,786 times

Advertisements

At some point, I'm afraid that anyone who believes in law and order is going to have to "incorporate" walled cities to keep the leftist-adored criminals, terrorists, and agitators out.

Old 04-30-2024, 07:52 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,681,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
This sounds like everywhere, anytown USA. Smaller cities and towns take this approach, it’s common in the South. They really dont want to see anyone in their town that is below the upper levels of middle class regardless of race, Black,white,whatever, they hate them all if below 100,000k household income, talking in the South specifically.

They have to allow those working class folks to work in their area of course, you’re good enough to serve them, just not live by them and keep your kids away from theirs, your poverty might infect their children. If you think your race matters to these people you are wrong, they can smell the low income on people and will avoid you.
Ill agree with this, to an extent.

I live in Alabama in fast growing Baldwin County. Gulf Shores, the beach community and wealthy vacation area, just split off from the County System 3 years ago. Are the county schools bad ? nope. Fairhope, Daphne, and Spanish Fort all rank in the top 30 of High schools in the state. Gulf Shores wanted to be able to use City funds for the school and not have to take in the kids from rural area where Gulf Shores was the closest high school. So they split off.

https://www.al.com/education/2019/03...th,State%20Sen.
Quote:
A nearly 15-month journey filled with distrust and a recent lawsuit over the split of Gulf Shores from the Baldwin County School System, ended Thursday with an agreement that will allow the new city school to begin on June 1,2019.
Is race the only factor, no. Thats true, being poor is just as bad to them. Funny enough, a City that is 89% white, 2% black some how has a 65 member football team that's 20% black , LMFAO ROTF.

Quote:
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Pages of court documents reveal a Gulf Shores-based fitness company was paying monthly rent for apartments where at least four high school athletes and their families lived.
https://www.wkrg.com/news/exclusive-...o-investigate/

Quote:
Dec 11th, 2023
GULF SHORES, Ala. (WKRG) — The Gulf Shores High School Football team brought home the blue map to the island Thursday.

The Gulf Shores Dolphins took home the 5A state championship title, and the city is throwing them a celebration.
https://www.wkrg.com/baldwin-county/...m-state-title/

Last edited by dsjj251; 04-30-2024 at 08:00 PM..

Old 04-30-2024, 08:02 PM

31,034 posts, read 19,620,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
At some point, I'm afraid that anyone who believes in law and order is going to have to "incorporate" walled cities to keep the leftist-adored criminals, terrorists, and agitators out.
I agree but the Leftists are not going to let us get away with having a safe city if they can prevent it.

Old 05-01-2024, 12:10 AM

11,986 posts, read 8,238,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
separate black graduation ceremonies, black dorms, classes for only blacks, dei,...whites excluded.

if blacks want that, so be it.

i don't think most white people wanted this skin color division, but blacks want this race division and it makes me not give a damn about blacks now.
Thats true to some decree but you're still referring to a certain type of black demographic and not the entire race. I am black and I work very hard for what I have today as to avoid living the unstable lifestyle I had growing up with my parents. My father was very irresponsible and I had to work double to triple just to live what most Americans consider an ordinary lifestyle.. Not including having my entire jaw ripped apart and having lived almost a decade without teeth.

The blacks you refer to that want separation are divided into two types, one being blacks that want black supremacy instead of equality as displayed in BLM, and the others being blacks that choose separation due to racial insecurities.

But there are also blacks that are hard working people in both the middle and upper class that choose to live right even if they are faced with discrimination. Discrimination does still happen to myself as well.. ..I have been cheated out of contests I was clearly a victor in to give the prize to a white person who had not even attempted to prepare for the same contest. I have been rejected from romantic candidates because a white girl's father refused to let her date a black man. I have been immediately classified by neighbors in affluent white neighborhoods, and so forth...

Despite this I still chose to vote Republican because I believe regardless of what race, it's more important to have good policy than it is to have emotional security as good policy promotes law and order for all races and promotes wealth opportunity for all classes of people, and I have managed to obtain my own chunk of wealth despite my stigma.

The main problem with blacks is the lack of a collaborative family. Asians do so well because they are very family orientated. Blacks on the otherhand often are missing their fatherly figure, the figure that raises one to be a responsible man and are often mentored by an overwhelmed mother who cannot look after them on her own, therefore they are prone to making bad choices, getting into things they shouldn't (drugs / gang) and ultimately believing half-truths about racism and discrimination and allowing it to be the only factor that dictates their lives, how they act, what they vote for, the likelihood of them falling into a more lawless lifestyle. There is no shortage of these blacks.. ..but they are still accountable for their choices.. ..likewise however.. ..there are blacks who retain their accountability and still choose to live morally..

There is still a difference between what you consider a thug or hoodlum and a working class black American however.

Old 05-01-2024, 06:36 AM

27,863 posts, read 28,989,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Personally I think this is a major part of the problem, our differences are not things we should be looking at eliminating. IMHO, in a totally idealistic and, therefore, non realistic scenario, we'd embrace our differences, strengthen those core values we have in common, and have a general attitude of mutual respect. Easier said than done, sure, complicated by the notion that not all behaviours (individual or group) are "deserving" of respect, but then again, "respect" in and of itself is not a single monolithic thing, more of an abstract goal really, and when viewed that way, becomes a reasonably achievable goal.
A major issue is that the illegitimacy rate and single-motherhood rate among blacks is far higher than that of whites and other racial groups.

There is a direct correlation between that and poverty.

Children who grow up in two-parent households do much better in school and are more successful economically in general.

It has been this way for many decades in the United States, so it seems like a cultural difference.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:02 AM

24,985 posts, read 9,722,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
A major issue is that the illegitimacy rate and single-motherhood rate among blacks is far higher than that of whites and other racial groups.

It has been this way for many decades in the United States, so it seems like a cultural difference.
Correct. It's a well known fact.
Quote:
In 2011, 72% of black babies were born to unmarried mothers
Quote:
As of 2015, at 77.3%, black Americans have the highest rate of non-marital births among native Americans
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa...mily_structure

Many blacks have prospered despite this, but the fact remains that out of wedlock birthrates, with no father figure, put kids at the highest risk of educational, criminal, and behavioral issues.

And it appears that many residents are tired of it. If the state and city don't want to listen about the bad schools and high crime, go to court to create your own city. And that's exactly what people are doing.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:07 AM

16,866 posts, read 8,827,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Correct, this isn't new. But I would wager we're going to see this go into overdrive.
You might be right, however cities that are being starved by it happening (the poor areas don't generate much in taxes comparatively) are trying to prevent the more affluent neighborhoods from breaking off. After all in diminishes their power, not having more money from Peter to pay Paul.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:28 AM

7,173 posts, read 2,840,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yeah it's wealth flight, there are a couple of famous black rappers living in this new city, they smartly chose to live in a predominant white affluent area over the ghetto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF_pALY7VMg

Old 05-01-2024, 07:54 AM

73,225 posts, read 63,111,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yeah it's wealth flight, there are a couple of famous black rappers living in this new city, they smartly chose to live in a predominant white affluent area over the ghetto.
Those Black rappers don't want to live in ANY poor areas regardless of race. Rich Black Americans are living in upper class Black enclaves as well as the upper class White enclaves. How many rich Black Americans are trying to live in poor White areas (or other poor non-Black areas)?

Old 05-01-2024, 09:43 AM

14,166 posts, read 8,289,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You might be right, however cities that are being starved by it happening (the poor areas don't generate much in taxes comparatively) are trying to prevent the more affluent neighborhoods from breaking off. After all in diminishes their power, not having more money from Peter to pay Paul.
In the case of Atlanta local officials either start addressing the concerns of residents or efforts to break away will likely return.
Quote:
What’s Next For The Buckhead Cityhood Movement?

With the BCC’s role spearheading the cityhood movement and the group’s announcement they are putting efforts on pause while Kemp is in office, the Buckhead City push appears to be on the backburner for at least several years. If the BCC adheres to its latest announcement, it seems unlikely any lawmakers will take up the cause with its strongest proponents seemingly unwilling to continue the fight until 2027. However, much remains to be seen how Dickens’ administration and the Atlanta City Council will address issues raised by the BCC over the coming years. Additionally, the BCC will still need to field support from lawmakers to sponsor any future cityhood bills, and there is the potential for a complete turnover of local representation over the next several years.
https://www.buckhead.com/the-rise-an...nt-a-timeline/

Last edited by john3232; 05-01-2024 at 10:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies