Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 02:09 PM

17,614 posts, read 13,406,093 times

Advertisements

Revoke student visas and cut off Federal aid to the colleges NOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 02:50 PM

50,941 posts, read 36,629,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Remember the Vanderbilt Kirkland Hall rioter who called 9-1-1 to demand a tampon change?

"Other protesters called emergency medical services for a woman who said that she was at risk of toxic shock because she was not able to change her tampon and cited concerns that she would be arrested if she left the building."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/unhin...o-avoid-arrest
Good grief, hadn’t heard about that one!

Old 05-01-2024, 03:53 PM

19,878 posts, read 18,158,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
What do you mean, "it appears"? Appears how?
According to the report......it appears.

I'm a little tired of your near endless obfuscations. If you doubt me do your own legwork.

Old 05-01-2024, 04:18 PM

13,235 posts, read 21,855,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
According to the report......it appears.

I'm a little tired of your near endless obfuscations. If you doubt me do your own legwork.
I did doubt you, I did the legwork, probably a hell of a lot more than you have. And now I'm calling you on it because it appears that you made it up or just repeating stuff you heard. This is a pattern with you making unsubstantiated claims, and then attacking me when I ask you for your sources.

Here, I'll even help you out. Soros has donated to Jewish Voices for Peace who comprise some of the protestors. However, his last donation to them (per the OSF website) was in 2022, long before these protests. And it was in the order of $225K which is probably long gone by now. That is research I did myself because I'm looking far and wide for the proof of your claim. I'm serious as a heart beat here.

And you said, "it appears" that the Rockefeller Foundation or Soros has been funding the protests. That doesn't even pass the smell test. If you don't even know which one of these organizations is the culprit then how can anything have the appearance? Are you just throwing stones at left-wing philanthropists because it makes you feel good?

So your turn. Do you have ANYTHING AT ALL to back up your claim, or what? Give a link, just don't sit there and claim it's in some nebulous "report". Attack me all you want, but this is your credibility on the line.

Last edited by kdog; 05-01-2024 at 04:29 PM..

Old 05-01-2024, 06:39 PM

3,342 posts, read 1,440,464 times
Quote:
A couple of points.

1. CNN has an excellent piece today generally about a woman directing protests at Columbia.....she's been arrested dozens off times and it a professional left wing agitator. It appears she is being funded by either The Rockefeller Foundation or George Soros.

2. Yesterday at UT Austin more than half of those arrested were outside agitators.
Interesting and useful information. I am surprised, and I need to reconsider my thinking.

Old 05-01-2024, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I did doubt you, I did the legwork, probably a hell of a lot more than you have. And now I'm calling you on it because it appears that you made it up or just repeating stuff you heard. This is a pattern with you making unsubstantiated claims, and then attacking me when I ask you for your sources.

Here, I'll even help you out. Soros has donated to Jewish Voices for Peace who comprise some of the protestors. However, his last donation to them (per the OSF website) was in 2022, long before these protests. And it was in the order of $225K which is probably long gone by now. That is research I did myself because I'm looking far and wide for the proof of your claim. I'm serious as a heart beat here.

And you said, "it appears" that the Rockefeller Foundation or Soros has been funding the protests. That doesn't even pass the smell test. If you don't even know which one of these organizations is the culprit then how can anything have the appearance? Are you just throwing stones at left-wing philanthropists because it makes you feel good?

So your turn. Do you have ANYTHING AT ALL to back up your claim, or what? Give a link, just don't sit there and claim it's in some nebulous "report". Attack me all you want, but this is your credibility on the line.

I await your apology.

Even MSN sees a clear paper trail to Soros.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cl...on/ar-AA1nJtQC

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-rele...bia-university

https://www.wsj.com/articles/some-an...hamas-fba26c20

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/01/n...a-fithian.html

https://nypost.com/2024/04/26/opinio...itic-protests/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-protest.html

The real world is for smart people with clear minds. Let me know when you are ready to join us.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Interesting and useful information. I am surprised, and I need to reconsider my thinking.
FIIW the woman I mentioned above is Lisa Fithian.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/01/us-new...i-israel-work/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/news/...ew-york-mayor/

ETA
https://apnews.com/hub/lisa-fithian/

Last edited by EDS_; 05-01-2024 at 07:20 PM..

Old 05-02-2024, 12:42 AM

13,235 posts, read 21,855,739 times
Clear minds, LOL. MSN said nothing of the kind. You have no MSN article there. Look again, it's an article by the extreme right-wing Western Journal which has a poor credibility rating. Regardless, let's look closer at it.

First of all, nowhere in that article does it say anything about Fithian being paid by Soros or the Rockefellers, which was your original claim for which I requested references. So this article does not prove your point. They do make the claim that some of these "fellows" are being paid by Soros. That is a lie. Soros doesn't pay individuals, it gives grants to organizations. Every grant is listed on their website, all 17,500 of them.

Western Journal says they got their news from the Wall Street Journal, but that article is an opinion piece. It's behind a paywall so I can read it.

Your NYT article directly contradicts your claim about Fithian being paid by Soros or anyone else. Here is a quote: "Ms. Fithian said she came to Columbia on Monday afternoon to conduct a training session with about 30 students activists focused on safety and the general logistics of a protest. She said she had been invited informally by someone — she said she did not catch their name — on Sunday during a visit to City College of New York. She said she was not paid."

There is no mention of Soros or Rockefeller in that article.

Your NYPost article correctly states what I already posted, that Soros has funded Jewish Voices for Peace in the past. The last time being in 2022. That is NOT the same as funding any of the protests because the funds were given to them two years previous. If I gave you $100 for your birthday, and you bought a gun and killed someone two years later, you can't blame me for that. Nor is there any claim that Soros gave Fithian any money which you claimed. NY Post falsely claims that another organization called, "Within Our Lifetime" is funded by Soros, but no grants given to that organization appear on his site.

Your NYPost article on the other hand DOES claim who is paying the stipend to the protestors, an organization called, US Campaign for Palestinian Rights. However Soros hasn't contributed to them either. Here's the link to the Soros grant search engine so you can check these things yourself. https://www.opensocietyfoundations.o...stinian+Rights

Now let me remind you of what you originally claimed, the bolded part being what I asked you about.

Quote:
A couple of points.

1. CNN has an excellent piece today generally about a woman directing protests at Columbia.....she's been arrested dozens off times and it a professional left wing agitator. It appears she is being funded by either The Rockefeller Foundation or George Soros.

2. Yesterday at UT Austin more than half of those arrested were outside agitators.
Note that in all your references, there is no claim that she was funded by Soros or Rockefeller.

Note also that there's no proof that Rockefeller or Soros financed these protests.

Yes, some of those groups have received grants from Soros in the past. But to say he's funding these protests NOW is a bald faced lie.

And finally, I'm not here to defend Soros, and I'm certainly not defending the protestors. I'm pro-Israel all the way and support the strict definition of Zionism (not the lefty perversions of the term).

But what I'm really tired of is the misinformation about Soros the Rockefellers being spread by right-wing propagandists and antisemites. Blame everything on the Jews, even antisemitism.

If you've actually got some dirt on Soros, I'm all ears. He's done an incredible amount of good in the world. Still, I'm not happy at all with his support of the JVP, and I can be convinced to be pushed over the edge if I truly believed he was working against causes that I dearly believe in. But you've not shown anything with your allegations and links. Not even close. You're a smart guy and we agree on a lot of topics. But you need to cast a more critical eye on right-wing propaganda you're being fed.

Old 05-02-2024, 04:15 AM

24,693 posts, read 9,510,184 times
A lot of folks say "these students don't know what they're protesting." Yes and no.

Yes, liberal woke students don't understand that Sharia law, Islamic law, Arabic countries, and Islam in general doesn't care for gays and women's rights.

No, in that liberal woke students do understand that the state of Israel probably should've been located in a better location.

At the end of the day Israel, just like Ukraine, will have to figure this out because these US taxpayer funded proxy wars can't go on forever.

Old 05-02-2024, 04:31 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,071,646 times
Alan Dershowitz, a NY lawyer and law scholar is recruiting an ARMY of Jewish and Christian lawyers to target these protesters and school administrators in Civil Court since they know that the Criminal Courts will not do anything about this overt racist act.

Hopefully, Dershowitz is reaching out to his colleagues across the country and bring these Terrorist supporters to some type of justice. Also, out them for what they are and hopefully, destroy their chances of working in a good job and career… The internet never forgets

So, for any Jewish student that had their right denied by these Nazis, sue the pizz out of them. They may not have anything today, but for them being stupid, hurt their future chances of making it big in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies