Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,374,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
They'd elect Trump who would spell the end of this democratic country and introduce an executive order writing dictator who is "immune to prosecution from the law" of the land.
LOL, SURE.

If anything, I would expect that from Democrats. Democrats have weaponized our justice system and are much less likely to be prosecuted for crimes these days. In terms of “democracy,” Democrats actively work to undermine election security measures as well. If anything Democrats are the ones who want to move in the direction you state above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,272,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
...what would they be doing any differently than what the Biden Administration is doing right now?

Serious question.
And it is so obvious because whoever is behind all of this has a demented, old, puppet leader to hide behind.

No president with his full faculties would allow such a blatant spectacle. Even if they wanted all of this to happen, they would do it in a more covert way, at a slower pace in the hopes that they could fool enough people to get themselves re-elected.

There is no reason to be cautious when you can do as you please and have it all pinned on some feeble old doddering idiot.

Moderates would have to be blind not to see it, and Trump is surging in the polls as a result.

Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM

8,522 posts, read 4,762,898 times
I kind of laugh at the assumption that this is deliberate.

Not that I enjoy what the hardcore left is doing or that it makes it more palatable, but I don’t feel like the puppet masters are doing the string-pulling, I just think it’s dumb sheeple piling on to the cause du jour.

Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM

27,613 posts, read 28,714,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
...what would they be doing any differently than what the Biden Administration is doing right now?

Serious question.
I don't just blame the Biden Administration for what we see happening in America today.

These things have been building up for decades. The root of it goes back to the 1960s.

That is when policies were enacted that have resulted in the racial and political divisions we see in this country today.

It was inevitable.

Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM

21,878 posts, read 25,195,050 times
Supporting the guy who tried to overthrow the government.

Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM

29,546 posts, read 14,693,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
They'd elect Trump who would spell the end of this democratic country and introduce an executive order writing dictator who is "immune to prosecution from the law" of the land.
No one has to like trump, but to spew this garbage is complete unhinged nonsense. I don't want to see him POTUS again either, but his prior presidency showed zero signs of this, not to mention, there were many factors that improved the lives of all Americans, and the country. Was he perfect, absolutely not. We as a country should be able to do much better, than him and the two running this country now.

Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM

16,637 posts, read 8,643,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.”
— W. Durant

In 1933, Hitler appointed Hermann Goring Minister of the Interior. His first orders were to defund and eliminate police departments so that they would not interfere with his Brown Shirts whose mission it was to riot, burn, beat up,and kill citizens in an effort to sway the elections.
Those who fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.

24,434 posts, read 23,098,542 times
They would seriously ramp up efforts to gun ban and not just make feeble efforts through the MSM and the feds orchestrating mass shootings. An armed populace is too hard to enslave. I think they know this and are at a loss as how to get around it.

11,280 posts, read 11,047,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
My two cousins were lifelong (D's) because their dad was a old school union (D). However he nor they were leftist/Marxist nutbags, and when they both announced they would not be voting for Hillary, we about fell over.
One voted for Trump because she said the Democrat party would not be recognized by my parents, and the other one said she couldn't vote for Trump, but there is no way she was going to vote (D) ever again.
God bless your cousins. Some people do eventually wake up (opposite of woke).

Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM

1,117 posts, read 749,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I would think so also, a friend of mine, who is 66, and was always what I thought was an old school Democrat, has also slid further left with the rest of the herd. He has zero issues with what is going on with this administration and the direction our country is headed.
I truly don’t get these types of people. Unless they are crazy rich or somehow profit off of what’s going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies