Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 05:46 AM

30,541 posts, read 19,295,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Depression is an illness, one that people can't just choose whether or not to have it.
I've seen dozens of video testimonials of people that have had their depression (and obesity) cured with a proper diet but there's a ton of people that make money off of the sick and healing is not profitable for them so they're going to fight it.

Old 05-02-2024, 05:49 AM

4,577 posts, read 2,295,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
I am looking at either Mombasa or Kisumu, Kenya, as a primary option, and Tanzania as a secondary option. I am well aware that the grass might not be greener. I will take that risk. I have been watching videos of a YouTuber lately who has the same dislike for living in America as I do. He has traveled extensively to many different countries and has confirmed that life is indeed much better elsewhere (including in Kenya. In fact, Kenya is this guy's favorite country out of the ones he has been to).

Everytime I go out, it is as if things get a little worse. American society is becoming more atomized, polarized, isolated, mean-spirited, sadistic, could, untrustworthy, corrupted, obese, disgusting...... by the day. We will probably have a civil war soon, before 2030, that will completely and totally rip what is left of this country to shreds. No, nothing will ever get better, and it is best to get off this fast sinking ship.

I am at the point in my life where I really need to try something drastic, otherwise the negative feelings and emotions might just overwhelm me, pull me under.

The bolded is exactly how I feel. My husband and I are waiting for the election to make a decision on staying or going. I have a few years left of work unfortunately.

Old 05-02-2024, 05:52 AM

11,877 posts, read 5,856,576 times
Quote:
Well, I have been flirting with this idea for several months now, but I think I have just about made up my mind. It is time for me to leave. America is truly a terrible country for everything except making money. I have not one nice thing to say about America or its people. Once I accumulate enough resources, I'm gone.
You've been disgruntled for years and it's probably best for your mind and health to leave. But once you move - leave all the anger against the US behind - don't let it eat at you as you'll be no happier in your new home than you were here. Good luck.

Old 05-02-2024, 05:55 AM

9,496 posts, read 5,281,074 times
Quote:
Well, I have been flirting with this idea for several months now, but I think I have just about made up my mind. It is time for me to leave. America is truly a terrible country for everything except making money. I have not one nice thing to say about America or its people. Once I accumulate enough resources, I'm gone.
Are you from another country? I.E. you would be returning to a country of origin?

It makes me sad that you believe our country is terrible and that you cannot find one good thing to say about us. Every country has their problems. But I do wish you the best of luck wherever you decide to go.

Old 05-02-2024, 05:56 AM

9,496 posts, read 5,281,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
We've travelled a lot and there are a good number of countries I could be happy living in, but I don't think they're better than the US by any means. Our key to happiness is to stay the hell away from big cities, regardless of the country. Traffic, crowds, noise, light pollution that keeps me from seeing the night sky, all those things are the poison. We just moved to rural Virginia and it's awesome.
^^ yup

Old 05-02-2024, 05:58 AM

4,239 posts, read 2,476,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Are you from another country? I.E. you would be returning to a country of origin?
I am not, but it would be helpful if I were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
It makes me sad that you believe our country is terrible and that you cannot find one good thing to say about us. Every country has their problems. But I do wish you the best of luck wherever you decide to go.
I held out for as long as I could, I really did. Moving to another country is a reset of epic proportions, and not a decision to be made lightly. But things have gotten so bad here that I cannot cope with them for much longer....

Old 05-02-2024, 06:03 AM

27,670 posts, read 28,766,428 times
Quote:
Can you take some of these pro-Hamas protesters with you?

They should certainly leave the United States for good.

No reason for them to be here.

Old 05-02-2024, 06:04 AM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 14 days ago)

1,350 posts, read 676,242 times
Quote:
If you find corruption (at any level) intolerable, like I do, you will find your options limited. My wife's home country of Norway is considered one of the least corrupt countries but I find the taxes, rules and regulations stifling..as they say, it's a great place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there. I don't think there is a perfect place to live, every place is a trade-off...but I don't think you are alone in your sentiments..good luck!

Old 05-02-2024, 06:12 AM

29,605 posts, read 14,742,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
If you find corruption (at any level) intolerable, like I do, you will find your options limited. My wife's home country of Norway is considered one of the least corrupt countries but I find the taxes, rules and regulations stifling..as they say, it's a great place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there. I don't think there is a perfect place to live, every place is a trade-off...but I don't think you are alone in your sentiments..good luck!
This makes sense.

Old 05-02-2024, 06:16 AM

9,401 posts, read 14,347,580 times
Quote:
Without the Almighty Dollar, America would be one of the worst countries in the world. I do not think Americans realize just how cruel, twisted, mean-spirited, and bloodthirsty their society has become. I mean, how many other countries have large segments of their population fantasizing about a civil war?
I’m not sure if there are any societies remaining that produce and allocate goods and services based 100% on barter. Most, if not all, societies have some sort of money that acts as a unit of account, medium of exchange, and store of value, for better and for worse.

The US is so goddamn wealthy that the society has too many people who never actually make anything with their own hands, with the result that there are way too many bored-out-of-their-f_____ minds schizophrenic drama queens, both male and female, looking for some unproductive, inconsequential drama to queen to match and fill the void of their utter unproductive boredom.

Like I said, every other country that I have experienced has a worse set of problems.

Why don’t you take up painting or bread-baking instead of whining and complaining, whining and complaining, whining and complaining?

Do something useful with your own hands, goddamnit. It might even alleviate any mental illness. We say this because we love you.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies