Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 07:29 AM

21,193 posts, read 19,809,403 times

Advertisements

If you can't answer the question "Why is it so cheap to live in third world countries?" you shouldn't move to one.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:49 AM

25,942 posts, read 18,946,695 times
At one point, I had strongly considered moving to another nation (likely would have been a "nicer region" of South America). At this point, about the only bug out location that would appeal to me is an isolated, lost desert island somewhere, totally cut off from the rest of this psychotic world. Since there aren't many around, besides the sorts of places that ate Calamity Joe's uncle, I guess I'm stuck in the US.

South Georgia Island would appeal to me. Great for penguin watching, which at this point would be a welcome change compared to the insanity I see going on all around me. Do Penguins do pro-terrorist protesting? I assume not.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:51 AM

9,192 posts, read 6,370,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Well, I have been flirting with this idea for several months now, but I think I have just about made up my mind. It is time for me to leave. America is truly a terrible country for everything except making money. I have not one nice thing to say about America or its people. Once I accumulate enough resources, I'm gone.
I don't think you can escape the problem by leaving the US. The decline of the human race is driven by corporate hegemony and globalism which affects everywhere on earth.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:53 AM

27,670 posts, read 28,766,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If you can't answer the question "Why is it so cheap to live in third world countries?" you shouldn't move to one.
Truer words than that are rarely spoken.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:58 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,335,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I don't think you can escape the problem by leaving the US. The decline of the human race is driven by corporate hegemony and globalism which affects everywhere on earth.
There is truth here. At least the US affords the opportunity to be among the economic rapists rather than the victims. Life in the US upper middle class and higher is about as good as living gets.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:04 AM

15,561 posts, read 7,583,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
At one point, I had strongly considered moving to another nation (likely would have been a "nicer region" of South America). At this point, about the only bug out location that would appeal to me is an isolated, lost desert island somewhere, totally cut off from the rest of this psychotic world. Since there aren't many around, besides the sorts of places that ate Calamity Joe's uncle, I guess I'm stuck in the US.

South Georgia Island would appeal to me. Great for penguin watching, which at this point would be a welcome change compared to the insanity I see going on all around me. Do Penguins do pro-terrorist protesting? I assume not.
South Georgia would be a very hard place to live. There is literally nothing there, no stores, no fuel, no medical, etc. You would have to take everything with you. All of the reindeer were killed, as they were destroying the local flora and fauna. In the Summer, 32 people live there.

You would be better off trying to move to St Helena or Ascension Island

Old 05-02-2024, 08:04 AM

7,493 posts, read 6,282,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Good luck with your plans, but whatever you do, do not renounce your U.S. citizenship… Just saying for the most obvious reasons.
They never do for the most obvious reasons.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:08 AM

45,681 posts, read 27,308,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
My experiences lead me to a similar conclusion, though I express it in a negative.

I have in lived in some 15 countries across three continents, including Europe, and every other country has worse problems than the US. So while not the best, it is the least worse.

During the mortgage debacle of the late 2000s (what?), somebody used the expression ‘least dirty shirt’ when comparing the US to the rest of the world. I find it useful in describing reality.

But if the OP needs to leave, then leave, it’s okay.
Dang - that's not news you hear everyday.

No wonder people like Cher and other celebrities stay here after threatening to flee under a Trump presidency.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:10 AM

10,206 posts, read 11,187,977 times
OP isn't going anywhere. Most never do.

I understand some are at their breaking point.

The Country has gone to crap under Biden, in just a few short years and nothing is getting done - with the dope in charge.

They need a break from the net. Maybe take some anti's and a vacation.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:17 AM

25,942 posts, read 18,946,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
South Georgia would be a very hard place to live. There is literally nothing there, no stores, no fuel, no medical, etc.
That would actually be part of the appeal. Very few would want to live in those conditions.

Quote:
You would have to take everything with you.
That's the catch. One would have to have a dependable, long-term supply of food and provisions.

Quote:
All of the reindeer were killed, as they were destroying the local flora and fauna. In the Summer, 32 people live there.
I was reading an article about the reindeer and general history of the island awhile back. Interesting place.

Quote:
You would be better off trying to move to St Helena or Ascension Island
Nah, just too populated. Too many potential victims of deadly, highly contagious Leftist Disease. It spreads fast.

At the end of the day, those who want to get away from the deplorable state of society are sort of screwed until space travel is developed. As rough as the early settlers of North America (from Europe) had it, I envy them in one way... at least they had somewhere to run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies