Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 08:41 PM

15,890 posts, read 6,592,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
What are the chances of there being only one case of a highly contagious illness in a hospital setting? It's transmitted by skin contact so someone else must have been ill with it. I guess all we have to do is find out who else (or how many others) in that hospital were infected.

The other question of course would what the motive for foul play could be. It's too late to keep him quiet. Revenge? Doesn't make sense. And besides, the guy was in hospital with pneumonia. Seems far too complicated to be a plot.
Not everybody reasons rationally in these situations. Yes, a motivation could be revenge, or it could be used as a threat against future whistleblowers. For all we know, there may be a lot more dirt to uncover.

Or it could just be a random event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2024, 09:15 PM

11,077 posts, read 6,019,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Not everybody reasons rationally in these situations. Yes, a motivation could be revenge, or it could be used as a threat against future whistleblowers. For all we know, there may be a lot more dirt to uncover.

Or it could just be a random event.
That thought did cross my mind but for that to be effective, they would need to take out more of the 30. Then the message would get through! Especially if one of them were to accidentally fall out of a top floor window.

Old 05-03-2024, 06:03 AM

17,019 posts, read 12,624,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd be curious how many whistle blowers have come forward.

After all, it's been 4+ years and if you take 50 random middle aged and older people, there are going to be some deaths in that timeframe.

I mean, hold on to your hats folks but all of the whistleblowers are going to die, every last one of them....eventually.
I know, but it's just enough to wonder if they are being Epsteined.

I have no idea. Read an article about his last days. Scary nightmare shtuff.

Old 05-04-2024, 09:16 PM

61,914 posts, read 87,450,383 times
Was foul play involved in the Boeing whistleblowers’ deaths? People are definitely worried about it.

The fact that there’s speculation and worry brewing around their deaths, among people online and those closer to Boeing alike, is in and of itself a concern.

https://slate.com/technology/2024/05...foul-play.html

Old 05-05-2024, 12:24 AM

11,077 posts, read 6,019,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Was foul play involved in the Boeing whistleblowers’ deaths? People are definitely worried about it.

The fact that there’s speculation and worry brewing around their deaths, among people online and those closer to Boeing alike, is in and of itself a concern.

https://slate.com/technology/2024/05...foul-play.html
I had to laugh;
Quote:
Cyber satirists are asking what is more dangerous: being a Boeing whistleblower or flying on the 737 Max?
It's not really a laughing matter though and as you say; "The fact that there’s speculation and worry brewing around their deaths, among people online and those closer to Boeing alike, is in and of itself a concern."

I'll go out on a limb and guess that there will be no more whistleblowers.

Old 05-05-2024, 09:40 AM

2,017 posts, read 1,654,578 times
So its just as dangerous to work for boeing as it is to fly on a Boeing.

Old 05-05-2024, 10:07 AM

21,981 posts, read 9,565,755 times
Quote:
Thankyou. I'll assume that includes all of them, even at suppliers like the most recent guy.

Ok, so we have a dead 62 yo and a dead 45yo.

Just for arguments sake I'll use an average age of 50 at the time the whistle blowing started.

Male mortality for 4 years would be about 1 in 45.

So for a group of 30 over 4 years:

Chance of 0 deaths in group = 51%
1 death = 34%
2 deaths =11%
3 or more deaths = 4%

This is meant as a rough ballpark but essentially a 1/6 chance of having had 2 or more.
LOL. So you are saying the odds of dying at that age make this pretty normal? Now factor in how many of them are Boeing whistleblowers. Maybe you aren't the math guy you think you are.

Old 05-05-2024, 10:49 AM

617 posts, read 343,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Former Spirit AeroSystems employee Joshua Dean dies after sudden illness, stunned family says.
He was 45, had been in good health and was noted for having a healthy lifestyle.

Joshua Dean, a former quality auditor at Boeing supplier Spirit AeroSystems and one of the first whistleblowers to allege Spirit leadership had ignored manufacturing defects on the 737 MAX, died Tuesday morning after a struggle with a sudden, fast-spreading infection.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...tems-has-died/
Hillary must be on Boeing's Board of Directors. Don't mess with the Hilldawg.

Old 05-05-2024, 03:35 PM

16,681 posts, read 8,672,793 times
Quote:
I'd be curious how many whistle blowers have come forward.

After all, it's been 4+ years and if you take 50 random middle aged and older people, there are going to be some deaths in that timeframe.

I mean, hold on to your hats folks but all of the whistleblowers are going to die, every last one of them....eventually.
While I am not saying they were killed, if there is foul play going on, the powers that be hope people will say "nothing to see here" as everyone dies.

I am waiting to see what happens when bib pharma whistle blowers start coming out.

Old 05-06-2024, 04:31 PM

9,942 posts, read 4,697,550 times
There are issues with these planes but some of the problems/incidents seem maintenance related where a tech, mechanic etc forgot or didn't torque bolts according to spec. Maybe they're missing stuff in pre or post flight inspections.

That being said if nothing else these would seem like very high maintenance planes for being some of the later models.

The coincidence of being a whistle blowers for one and dying does raise questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies