Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 06:09 PM

9,974 posts, read 4,723,887 times

Advertisements

Japan doesn't want to be part of the new world order. One size does not fit all and they get it. Comments like that are seed planting for the likes of Klause and the WEF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2024, 06:17 PM

5,085 posts, read 2,293,950 times
I’m sure Japan was so happy to hear that. Way to go, Joe!!

Old 05-02-2024, 07:53 PM

26,843 posts, read 22,665,634 times
Russians are not "xenophobic."
After all, they are a multi-ethnic state.
They are simply realistic about what cultures they can assimilate and what cultures they can't.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:08 PM

9,474 posts, read 11,233,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I partially agree with him on this. However, I would point out that Korea is also xenophobic in its immigration and social culture. While I agree nations should be selective of who they allow in and by how many, these Asian countries take it too far. Some people won’t rent nor sell property to foreigners. Some businesses won’t allow foreigners, even if they speak the language fluently. There are some businesses that will allow foreigners but not African looking foreigners.
It's not xenophobia--phobia this phobia that, meaningless simpleton cheap shots IMO--it's called cultural integrity and long term survival.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:10 PM

7,619 posts, read 3,977,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I was stationed in Japan for 9 years. The Japanese way of life is far, far superior to what the US has become. A few generations ago, that wasn’t the case.

Also, I’m not convinced at all that the type of immigration that is happening in the US right now is good for any country. I see a lot of hate from immigrants who have no interest in assimilating.
Japan is importing a lot of Chinese, and recently, Brazilians and Africans as well. We'll see how that works out.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:11 PM

7,619 posts, read 3,977,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Russians are not "xenophobic."
After all, they are a multi-ethnic state.
They are simply realistic about what cultures they can assimilate and what cultures they can't.
Unlike the United States.

Old 05-02-2024, 10:03 PM

30,715 posts, read 18,362,610 times
More countries need to be "xenophobic" in this sense.

Old 05-02-2024, 10:05 PM

30,715 posts, read 18,362,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Unlike the United States.
I take it you've closed your eyes to what's happening at the southern border

Old 05-02-2024, 10:21 PM

6,216 posts, read 3,428,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Japan is importing a lot of Chinese, and recently, Brazilians and Africans as well. We'll see how that works out.
It depends on how they do it.

Qatar, for example, does it right. At any one given time, they have up to 85-90% of their country filled with foreigners.

But there are strict rules.

If you are medically unfit, you are deported immediately.
If you foment unrest, you are deported immediately.
If you can’t work, for whatever reason, you are deported immediately.
If you are of no use to Qatari society, you are deported immediately.

Obviously, some slip through the cracks and are able to hideout, but the vast majority are caught and deported.

The US, for example, does it all wrong.

If you are medically unfit, you get free healthcare.
If you foment unrest, it is encouraged.
If you can’t work, for whatever reason, you get a bunch of free stuff.
If you are of no use to society, you can stay, no problem.

So it depends on how Japan administers their policies. This will determine the outcome.

Old 05-02-2024, 10:29 PM

50,508 posts, read 47,285,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The policies of the Western ruling elites clearly conflict with the way most people want the world to be run. This unlimited immigration combined with monetary debasement with central banks are two policies that the vast majority of people oppose.

This perpetually accelerating population and economic growth required to sustain these ponzi scheme monetary systems would seem to conflict with wanting to actually be more green and reduce carbon emissions too it seems like these rulers are talking about both sides of their butts.

I'd rather have 20 years of price stability than this runaway inflation we have where people can't afford to live. Let's destroy all the unique cultures on the planet by mixing all races together and creating this global melting pot for what reason exactly?

Quite frankly these people who run the West are a cancer on the system that needs to be excised. I've largely checked out of the system and don't visit here much because I can see where we are headed. Best just to sit by and watch the decline happen because we're not going to be able to stop it.
It's not a melting pot though. Everyone lives with those like themselves. Many times you won't even hear English and crime is off the charts.

We could stop it buy not right now with an open border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies