Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM

30,197 posts, read 11,845,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
What makes her a RINO? According to Politico, anti-Trumpers look at her as a MAGA "accomplice" instead of a RINO.
She is a long time political operative and if you look who she has worked for in the past I would say previously RINO. As well as her years as a lobbyist. Next thing is picking the VEEP and its smart of him to not go for one of the ones who the base might like but turn off a lot of other voters. I get the appeal of those who really want to shake things up but if you are just a one trick pony that is not going to help trump.

Quote:
...For others, though, it’s that placid mien and level head that’s in some sense precisely the source of the confusion. Liberals and even anti-Trump conservatives sketch analogies to the most odious authoritarians and see Wiles therefore by extension as the kind of associate who’s smart enough and sane enough to know better — and without whom any would-be dictator would be unable to get or wield such potentially destructive power. They see her as an accomplice.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ofile-00149654

She sounds middle of the road, well liked and respected by many on both sides of the aisle, extremely competent at what she does. I can see why Trump has been using her for the past few years, good on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM

7,027 posts, read 2,726,954 times
Trump is only going to be in office for one term. His VP pick is very important because that will need to be someone who will continue his vision for America.

Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM

23,747 posts, read 12,631,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
She is a long time political operative and if you look who she has worked for in the past I would say previously RINO. As well as her years as a lobbyist. Next thing is picking the VEEP and its smart of him to not go for one of the ones who the base might like but turn off a lot of other voters. I get the appeal of those who really want to shake things up but if you are just a one trick pony that is not going to help trump.
Shrug. She seems middle of the road to me.

Trump has been using her for the past few years and it seems that she's been doing a very good job for him. And as Politico had mentioned "his successes, which are in no small measure also successes of hers", so it surprises me that you're lauding her and not attacking her.

Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM

21,889 posts, read 25,201,372 times
Quote:
I think its smart for him to ditch idiots like Noem, Lake and MTG for more stable politicos. Bringing in establishment RINO Susan Wiles as a senior advisor to his campaign was a great idea. He needs to lock in moderates and wacky Veeps would not help him in that. MAGA is locked in he can stop catering to their vote. He has it. They are like the muslims to Biden. Where are they going to go? He needs the RINOS and needs to stop calling other republicans who are not all in with him RINOS.

Donald Trump is ditching the Maga psychos and building a very slick team

But while Trump refuses to moderate his own behaviour, he is not interested in extending the same leeway to other members of his Make America Great Again (Maga) gang. The election is only seven months away and he knows his freedom from jail could depend on securing the presidency. Trump’s campaign is far more slick and professional than it was in 2016 and 2020 and he is determined not to let anybody else throw it off kilter.

Helping Trump to exert control is Susie Wiles, 66, a veteran Republican operative in Florida who has been described by Politico as the “most admired and feared political operative nobody has ever heard of”. Previously a moderate, she has become Trump’s top strategist and political campaigner.
He's through the primaries, that's what always happens. Trump came out as pro-abortion as well (but then maybe walked that back and isn't pro-abortion).

Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM

18,150 posts, read 15,725,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Agreed.

That being said, you would have to be a complete moron to create sympathy for the devil so to speak....and yet the torrent of legal action against Trump with some of it legit and some woeful stretches of legality has managed to do that.
He's been manipulating others for decades, and never more so than in the last several years. Imagine... a supposed billionaire pretends to be a victim of everyone and everything, and gets little old ladies (and men) to hand over their meager savings, which go right into his pocket.

Those who have been aware of him for years (I have since the 'mid-80s) know his history and what he's about.

Imagine, a man who spent decades cheating others, stiffing contractors, not paying people who did work for him, bankrupted small businesses, was directly involved in thousands of lawsuits, going back 50+ years, and look how many people he's hoodwinked. There are hundreds of articles about him before there was even the Interwebs, decades before he ever thought about becoming a politician, documents about his scandals, his cheating, his bankruptcies.

He is indeed his own worst enemy. He has committed crimes, and he's being held accountable for some recent ones.

Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM

63,002 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
He's been manipulating others for decades, and never more so than in the last several years. Imagine... a supposed billionaire pretends to be a victim of everyone and everything, and gets little old ladies (and men) to hand over their meager savings, which go right into his pocket.

Those who have been aware of him for years (I have since the 'mid-80s) know his history and what he's about.

Imagine, a man who spent decades cheating others, stiffing contractors, not paying people who did work for him, bankrupted small businesses, was directly involved in thousands of lawsuits, going back 50+ years, and look how many people he's hoodwinked. There are hundreds of articles about him before there was even the Interwebs, decades before he ever thought about becoming a politician, documents about his scandals, his cheating, his bankruptcies.

He is indeed his own worst enemy. He has committed crimes, and he's being held accountable for some recent ones.
Aside from his so-called crimes and alleged crimes in the past, Trump's policies were good for our country. Isn't that what we want for our country as president? Policy over personality?

Biden has criminal accusations against him to but you lefties don't want to acknowledge that. He has been incompetent as a president and especially on border issues but you lefties don't seem to care about that either.

Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM

13,026 posts, read 9,555,821 times
I hope he understand now that he can't pick a Noem or MTG or Lake as a running mate. That just wouldn't work. Tim Scott or DeSantis are a good bit more sane. If he's calming down a little, that's a good thing.

Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM

30,197 posts, read 11,845,425 times
Quote:
Shrug. She seems middle of the road to me.

Trump has been using her for the past few years and it seems that she's been doing a very good job for him. And as Politico had mentioned "his successes, which are in no small measure also successes of hers", so it surprises me that you're lauding her and not attacking her.
Why would I attack her? When Trump puts good people around him or makes a good move I will comment on it. Or if he is wrongly attacked like the court cases. I believe she was part of Trumps campaign in Florida in 2020 and worked for DeSantis before that. So this campaign is her first on a national level. If she can influence him on not picking a wacko veep that is a good thing. We already have the wacko veep on the dem side.

Old Today, 08:29 AM

59,216 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
I think its smart for him to ditch idiots like Noem, Lake and MTG for more stable politicos. Bringing in establishment RINO Susan Wiles as a senior advisor to his campaign was a great idea. He needs to lock in moderates and wacky Veeps would not help him in that. MAGA is locked in he can stop catering to their vote. He has it. They are like the muslims to Biden. Where are they going to go? He needs the RINOS and needs to stop calling other republicans who are not all in with him RINOS.

Donald Trump is ditching the Maga psychos and building a very slick team

But while Trump refuses to moderate his own behaviour, he is not interested in extending the same leeway to other members of his Make America Great Again (Maga) gang. The election is only seven months away and he knows his freedom from jail could depend on securing the presidency. Trump’s campaign is far more slick and professional than it was in 2016 and 2020 and he is determined not to let anybody else throw it off kilter.

Helping Trump to exert control is Susie Wiles, 66, a veteran Republican operative in Florida who has been described by Politico as the “most admired and feared political operative nobody has ever heard of”. Previously a moderate, she has become Trump’s top strategist and political campaigner.
" the Maga psychos"

Says all I need to know about you.

Therefore didn't bother to read any further!

Old Today, 08:35 AM

1,121 posts, read 518,620 times
Admittedly I’m a bit behind on this and shouldn’t be but what about the Montana Governor who body slammed a Lib, Greg Gianforte? Is he in this potential VP/cabinet picture at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies