Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 09:47 AM

8,441 posts, read 6,548,673 times

Advertisements

A honest mistake, he had been hunting before his family vacation.
Ahole Biden does nothing, he should tell Turks and Cicos let this guy go or face sanctions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2024, 09:58 AM

18,547 posts, read 19,174,491 times
He’s an adult. Should have checked his bag before he packed.

Old 05-03-2024, 09:59 AM

7,990 posts, read 4,247,924 times
I can't imagine spending my tourist dollars at a place like that.

Old 05-03-2024, 10:05 AM
Status: "Peace sells...but who's buying?" (set 26 days ago)

8,235 posts, read 3,689,991 times
The Biden admin is anti-gun and likely wants to see an example made of this guy. They're not going to go to bat for him.

Old 05-03-2024, 10:09 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,262,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
He’s an adult. Should have checked his bag before he packed.
Agreed, and so should have Brittney Grier.
In her case the Biden Admin. was willing to release a convicted international arms dealer to get her back from Russia.
For a country like Turks and Caicos islands (UK territory), it would probably take a phone call.

Old 05-03-2024, 10:16 AM

18,547 posts, read 19,174,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
Agreed, and so should have Brittney Grier.
In her case the Biden Admin. was willing to release a convicted international arms dealer to get her back from Russia.
For a country like Turks and Caicos islands (UK territory), it would probably take a phone call.
And Brittany served time for her “innocent mistake”. I doubt this guy will do anywhere near the time she served. When you go to a foreign country you need to follow the laws. This guy was lucky it was the Turks not Russia.

Old 05-03-2024, 10:22 AM

24,818 posts, read 17,567,386 times
The guy is wrong, he should have checked his bag better BUT come on Turks? Is the guy really going to take over the country or start a drug cartel with 4 bullets PLUS he was leaving not trying to get in which means he had his entire vacation to do whatever he was going to do with those bullets. They should have confiscated the bullets and let him go.

In March I was stopped by TSA in Boston. I had forgotten about a little tiny credit card size multi tool in my wallet. It had maybe a 1/2" long sharp edge on one side. It was confiscated and I was on my way.

If Biden had any spine he would tell this country to let the guy go OR he will send back every Illegal Alien that has strolled across our Border from that country. Trump would do that.

Old 05-03-2024, 10:27 AM

3,095 posts, read 3,292,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Ahole Biden does nothing, he should tell Turks and Cicos let this guy go or face sanctions

One interesting aspect of this individuals plight is the fact that he was able to make it through TSA with the ammo in his carry on bag, assuming it was a carry on on the flight out.

I've had a somewhat similar experience, where I had a "prohibited item" in my carryon that I had forgotten was there and still made it through TSA on an international flight. On my way back, the other countries security found the item. They gave me the option to check my bag but I just told them to chuck it, wasn't worth the hassle. Ever since, I'm meticulous about going through any travel bags before loading them.

Another interesting aspect is that for whatever reason, T&C recently changed the punishment from a ticket to 12 years, quite the escalation in penalty.

Feel sorry for the fellow, but yeah, it's on him. To his credit he appears to be owning up to it and just looking to get cut some slack.

Old 05-03-2024, 10:28 AM
Status: "Peace sells...but who's buying?" (set 26 days ago)

8,235 posts, read 3,689,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The guy is wrong, he should have checked his bag better BUT come on Turks? Is the guy really going to take over the country or start a drug cartel with 4 bullets PLUS he was leaving not trying to get in which means he had his entire vacation to do whatever he was going to do with those bullets. They should have confiscated the bullets and let him go.

In March I was stopped by TSA in Boston. I had forgotten about a little tiny credit card size multi tool in my wallet. It had maybe a 1/2" long sharp edge on one side. It was confiscated and I was on my way.

If Biden had any spine he would tell this country to let the guy go OR he will send back every Illegal Alien that has strolled across our Border from that country. Trump would do that.
Blaming it on his spine implies he wants to intervene but is afraid to. He doesn't want to intervene here since the guy is being held for a weapons charge. He'll interfere for a drug charge but not one involving weapons. It's a partisan thing. Also Biden has no interest in getting rid of any illegals so I don't know why you'd think he'd use that as a threat.

Yes Trump would do that but Trump isn't president. Vote MAGA this November.

Old 05-03-2024, 11:17 AM

51,529 posts, read 37,195,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post

There are actually 4 of them there under the same charges, one for 70 days. None of them are in jail, all out on bail, in fact in an interview with one of the wives I saw, she said her husband is sharing a condo with one of the other guys while they wait for their hearings. They said the locals have been wonderful to them, at least. What is Biden supposed to do?? The embassy should be the first line of defense, and while I don't think they have done enough here, I think threatening T&C with sanctions for enforcing their laws at this stage is bit much. If they do get sentenced to long jail stretches, maybe then, but I highly doubt that will happen. Tourism is their biggest industry, they aren't going to give these guys years in jail.

"Four Americans now face potential 12-year sentences for charges of ammunition possession after allegedly bringing bullets in their luggage while vacationing on the Islands of Turks and Caicos. NBC10 Boston was the first to break the story, which is now making international headlines."

It does make it scary to go overseas, but that's why if you go to the State Department website where the Feds list precautions for countries, there is a headline on the T&C page warning Americans about the strict laws for bullets in T&C, and they tell US tourists to carefully go through their bags because of it:

+...the State Department released a travel warning advising Americans to “carefully check your luggage for stray ammunition or forgotten weapons before departing from the United States. Firearms, ammunition (including stray bullets), and other weapons are not permitted in the Turks and Caicos Islands authorities strictly enforce all firearms-and-ammunition-related laws.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies