Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 02:31 PM

13,618 posts, read 21,425,993 times

Advertisements

Let me ask you all you have read and heard many everyday Democrats over the last couple years say they are leaving the party because it no longer represents what they believe and more than likely you tell them "great to hear glad you are coming around" yet reading comments here and other media places like youtube many would have Gabbard walk barefoot across 100 yd of broken glass to repent before you would "trust" her. First off you shouldn't completely trust any politician even the pro-2nd amendment ones I mean Bush 1 banned semi auto rifles long before a Democrat did and I bet given the choice most pro 2nd voters voted for him again over Clinton. What do you think Gabbard is a secret agent for the left and once she gets in office will pull a "gotcha" and go full far-left?, that makes no sense she was a rising star in the Democratic party but left it because she realized what it has become. The nation is in DEEP trouble and I say welcome all that are willing to see the light because a coalition of many are going to be needed to save it. Also almost all of you have at one point had a position and changed it later due to critical thinking and realizing what you thought wasn't true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2024, 05:55 PM

29,226 posts, read 22,446,655 times
Gabbard lost her last election.
That means the folks at home turned her down. It that happens at home, that means she won't be pulling in votes as Trump's VP.
At best, she would be neutral, neither helping him nor hurting his chances, and at the worst, she would cost him voters.

If Trump is re-elected, he will need a VP who can push his agenda through the Senate effectively against a Democratic majority. That's not Tulsi. She has too much bad blood on the Democratic side, and too much distrust on the Republican side.

Last good reason why she won't be his VP: Do any of you Trump supporters want a Democrat to take over when Trump goes to the hospital for a week or two? Never forget Tulsi was still a Democrat when she left office. And before she ever won an office, she had run for several offices as a Republican and lost.

Do you think that because she shifted once, one shift is all she would ever do? Or is it possible she will go with the party she thinks is the most likely will put her into the White House?
After all, if she had wanted to be VP, she could have talked to Joe about it in 2020 after she saw she wasn't going to take the nomination.
Tulsi wants the top job, not the second place job.

Old 05-12-2024, 07:04 PM

51,039 posts, read 36,749,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Gabbard lost her last election.
That means the folks at home turned her down. It that happens at home, that means she won't be pulling in votes as Trump's VP.
At best, she would be neutral, neither helping him nor hurting his chances, and at the worst, she would cost him voters.

If Trump is re-elected, he will need a VP who can push his agenda through the Senate effectively against a Democratic majority. That's not Tulsi. She has too much bad blood on the Democratic side, and too much distrust on the Republican side.

Last good reason why she won't be his VP: Do any of you Trump supporters want a Democrat to take over when Trump goes to the hospital for a week or two? Never forget Tulsi was still a Democrat when she left office. And before she ever won an office, she had run for several offices as a Republican and lost.

Do you think that because she shifted once, one shift is all she would ever do? Or is it possible she will go with the party she thinks is the most likely will put her into the White House?
After all, if she had wanted to be VP, she could have talked to Joe about it in 2020 after she saw she wasn't going to take the nomination.
Tulsi wants the top job, not the second place job.
You seem to be forgetting Trump was a Dem for many years. Hilary was at his wedding and he donated big time to them. So how is Tulsi deciding the party no longer reflects her values any different from Trump doing the same thing? Why is it trustworthy coming from him, and not her? She’s not a Dem, she’s an Independent, which is actually the fastest growing political designation in the nation.

Jeff Van Drew from NJ, was a Dem for most of his career, now he’s hosting a Trump rally down the shore here this weekend.

Maybe Gabbard lost her last election because she wasn’t as left as people in her district that voted for her originally.

She’s solidly moderate IMO, which is what Trump needs to bring in the people who want him balanced out, suburban women etc. And the military credentials are a plus too IMO. She most definitely leans Right when it comes to war policy and where/when/how we get involved in other countries wars.

I hated her when she was running for President but I saw her interviewed the other night and found her sincere and intelligent.

Old 05-12-2024, 09:23 PM

29,226 posts, read 22,446,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You seem to be forgetting Trump was a Dem for many years. Hilary was at his wedding and he donated big time to them. So how is Tulsi deciding the party no longer reflects her values any different from Trump doing the same thing? Why is it trustworthy coming from him, and not her? She’s not a Dem, she’s an Independent, which is actually the fastest growing political designation in the nation.

Jeff Van Drew from NJ, was a Dem for most of his career, now he’s hosting a Trump rally down the shore here this weekend.

Maybe Gabbard lost her last election because she wasn’t as left as people in her district that voted for her originally.

She’s solidly moderate IMO, which is what Trump needs to bring in the people who want him balanced out, suburban women etc. And the military credentials are a plus too IMO. She most definitely leans Right when it comes to war policy and where/when/how we get involved in other countries wars.

I hated her when she was running for President but I saw her interviewed the other night and found her sincere and intelligent.
I forgot nothing. Trump never ran for office as a Republican until 2016, while Gabbard had run, and won, as a Democrat in 2002, for a State Representative office, then later for federal office as Representative from 2013 to 2021.
Trump wasn't an established politician in 2016; it was the first election he actually finished, although he had run for President before and quickly quit the race.

Gabbard never won office as a Republican, but as a Democrat she won 2 different offices a total of 4 times.

So which is the more dedicated to the GOP? The only one of the pair to this day who's a Republican is Trump. Gabbard is an Independent nowadays, never registered as a Republican.

Gabbard was never a 'solid' moderate until she began losing in the 2020 primaries. Throughout her congressional career she was solidly liberal in everything but the war. During the 2020 primaries, she moved rightward for reasons no one understood, but possibly because she had so much opposition whose policies were identical to hers. Shifting made her distinctive, but it never served her electability at all; she only got 2% of the voters.

Just like you, lots of other voters hated her in 2020, but admitted she was sincere and intelligent. So what makes her more conservative and electable now?

Last edited by banjomike; 05-12-2024 at 09:33 PM..

Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I forgot nothing. Trump never ran for office as a Republican until 2016, while Gabbard had run, and won, as a Democrat in 2002, for a State Representative office, then later for federal office as Representative from 2013 to 2021.
Trump wasn't an established politician in 2016; it was the first election he actually finished, although he had run for President before and quickly quit the race.

Gabbard never won office as a Republican, but as a Democrat she won 2 different offices a total of 4 times.

So which is the more dedicated to the GOP? The only one of the pair to this day who's a Republican is Trump. Gabbard is an Independent nowadays, never registered as a Republican.

Gabbard was never a 'solid' moderate until she began losing in the 2020 primaries. Throughout her congressional career she was solidly liberal in everything but the war. During the 2020 primaries, she moved rightward for reasons no one understood, but possibly because she had so much opposition whose policies were identical to hers. Shifting made her distinctive, but it never served her electability at all; she only got 2% of the voters.

Just like you, lots of other voters hated her in 2020, but admitted she was sincere and intelligent. So what makes her more conservative and electable now?

She's an Independent, she's not dedicated to any party, which IMO is better than blind tribalism.

Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

6,282 posts, read 3,440,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
There are rumors that she is in the running and she has said that she would say "Yes" to the opportunity. She turned down RFK Jr's offer which makes me think she may be high on Trump's list. What do you think? She has been red pilled and evolved on a lot of things. She would destroy Kamala in a VP debate (again). I also think she would bring some Independents over.
She is democrat so I doubt she would be in the running.

Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post

She hasn't been Democrat since 2022.

Old Today, 02:39 PM

9,229 posts, read 6,387,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Quote:
She hasn't been Democrat since 2022.
I don't think Tulsi would interact with the mainstream media this way if she was a typical Democrat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LypdYNH9e9w

Old Today, 05:16 PM

19,906 posts, read 9,464,540 times
^^ (video) I don't see how anyone can say that she is not more poised and intelligent than Trump OR Biden.

Old Today, 05:24 PM

31,162 posts, read 22,186,382 times
Quote:
She's an Independent, she's not dedicated to any party, which IMO is better than blind tribalism.
I would agree on that one.
As someone who left the Democrat party after Bill Clinton, and becoming Independent for years, and changing to Republican 2 years ago, I would say like Gabi,Trump, and others, all former Dems and Independents should be welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies