Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 07:37 PM

27,176 posts, read 15,359,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I agree with this. I think protesting is absolutely essential in a free society.

But violence and breaking the law is not. That pushes the protesters, often, dangerously close to that which they protest. The message gets lost in the mayhem.

However, I do find it interesting the reaction of people toward young people that protest. Of course young people should feel strongly about issues. If they don’t, we’re in trouble as a society.

One may not agree with what they’re protesting or how they’re going about it, and think they’re incredibly naive.

I’m sure many older people got very very angry at the Vietnam war protests in the 60’s. Called the protesters dirty hippies and filthy commies. But they were right about the injustices occurring. While obviously the two situations are different, the spirit lives on.
Don't think that there were not people of the same young age that did not like some of the things that went along with that in the Vietnam years such as the SDS and Weathermen among other disrupting dangerous groups.
We do find some of these among later Officials and hosting future Presidents in their Living Rooms to plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2024, 07:42 PM

23,767 posts, read 12,650,844 times
Quote:
How are you mostly peaceful?

They were either peaceful or they weren’t.
Ask CNN, apparently they're the ones who had coined that term...except they'd used the word "fiery" in with it.

Old 05-03-2024, 07:44 PM

20,104 posts, read 20,915,876 times
Was Kamala there?

Old 05-03-2024, 08:01 PM

6,755 posts, read 3,379,257 times
They should've been sent stale bread and water with hair in it.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:15 PM

1,717 posts, read 622,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I heard they asked for bottled water (water fountains not good enough) and gluten free food to be delivered.
So they were worried about having clean water and no gluten in their food, but the dangers of orgies completely escaped them? Sounds like left wing nut jobs.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:19 PM

25,882 posts, read 18,904,112 times
Quote:
How are you mostly peaceful?

They were either peaceful or they weren’t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Ask CNN, apparently they're the ones who had coined that term...except they'd used the word "fiery" in with it.
You beat me to that response.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:25 PM

13,473 posts, read 9,987,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yeah well I don’t agree with that either.

There are indeed peaceful protestors and there are indeed violent protestors (rioters).

When you cross the line into rioting, regardless of your political persuasion, you’ve crossed the line.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:28 PM

13,473 posts, read 9,987,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Don't think that there were not people of the same young age that did not like some of the things that went along with that in the Vietnam years such as the SDS and Weathermen among other disrupting dangerous groups.
We do find some of these among later Officials and hosting future Presidents in their Living Rooms to plan.
Of course there were, nowhere did I state all young people protested or supported the protests.

Old 05-03-2024, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah well I don’t agree with that either.

There are indeed peaceful protestors and there are indeed violent protestors (rioters).

When you cross the line into rioting, regardless of your political persuasion, you’ve crossed the line.
Do you consider, protesters who block streets or highways or sidewalks, or who take over university campuses or buildings, or who assault cops or university staff, as peaceful protestors or as rioters?

Old 05-03-2024, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
So they were worried about having clean water and no gluten in their food, but the dangers of orgies completely escaped them? Sounds like left wing nut jobs.
Give them pickle juice to drink and pickled eggs to eat and I bet that most would soon head home to their bathrooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies