Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM

9,801 posts, read 11,196,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There's nothing to figure out. The FACT is that poor women are the LEAST likely to abort. You even posted the abortion rates yourself.

And you never answered my question... If the left can fund Occupy Wall Street, BLM, etc., and now the anti-Semitic protests/riots on college campuses, why can't they fund the abortions they insist poor women should get???
Ask someone who is on the Left. I've voted R my entire life.

I said, I want worthless parents who generate problematic children to purge their unwanted pregnancies. Period. If you benefit from less crime, then you have the option to vote on policies. And I will vote to fund it with tax payer $$'s. I've had years where I've paid hundreds of thousands in income taxes. Rest assured, I'm paying. I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

You didn't answer my question. Forget who pays for it, would you encourage worthless parents to have abortions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM

9,801 posts, read 11,196,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You could put an abortion clinic on every block, that doesn't mean every stupid person would get one. You could give stupid people a lifetime supply of free condoms, that doesn't mean they're going to use it.

Also, there's plenty of mothers who get abortions, who already have kids.

The point is that stupid people will procreate and there's not much that can be done to stop it. Unless you paid them money to NOT procreate. But liberals don't do that, they pay stupid people to do the opposite. And they pay them double if there is no father in the house.
You missed my point again. Fact: 1/2 of all abortions are from people below the poverty level. 11.5% are below the poverty level. 50% of the population are women. So out of 350M people in the USA, about 19M women are in poverty. OF COURSE, if it is easier for stupid people to get abortions, then more stupid people will get them.

I said nothing about a lifetime of free condoms. Nor did I say moms with kids don't get abortions. I said (now follow along), abortions HELP get rid of future crime, welfare, prisons, etc. Period. Don't conflate my point with other people's rationale.

Simply put, TallTraveler was right, and I agreed with him by posting a fact. Somehow, people struggle with the obvious and cannot focus on what i said.

Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM

89,169 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Actually with an housing allowance and SSI the chances are more then enough to support a person and maybe their bad habits.
Yep.

Quote:
"Today, an unemployed parent with two kids who previously worked at a low-income job could collect more than $3,700 per month—nearly $45,000 per year—in government benefits, more than the wages of the average job."
Public Assistance Benefits Stacking - Foundation for Government Accountability

Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Ask someone who is on the Left. I've voted R my entire life.

I said, I want worthless parents who generate problematic children to purge their unwanted pregnancies. Period.
Too bad you can't force them to do so.

Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM

37,147 posts, read 41,350,718 times
Quote:
The truth is that poor women have the LOWEST abortion rate. Less than 9% abort an unplanned pregnancy. Over 91% choose to keep the baby.
Wrong stat, as you have been told repeatedly. Of those who actually have abortions about 42% have incomes less than 100% of the federal poverty level. Only 27% are at greater than 200%.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-income-level/

Unplanned does not mean unwanted.

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

6,756 posts, read 3,380,243 times
What do you expect when you have morons for teachers, idiots for parents, and students that just don't care about school.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Wrong stat, as you have been told repeatedly. Of those who actually have abortions about 42% have incomes less than 100% of the federal poverty level. Only 27% are at greater than 200%.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-income-level/
I'm not wrong. The FACT is that low-income women are the LEAST likely to abort.

Here are the stats and the source:

Abortion Rates by Income Level, Unplanned Pregnancies

Poverty Level: 8.6%
100%-200%: 7.8%
200%-300%: 16.2%
300%-400%: 8.0%
Over 400%: 31.9%

Source: Brookings Institution (left-wing think tank). Figure 4 on page 7: https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content..._pregnancy.pdf

Do you understand what "least likely to" means? You seem to not know.

Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM

37,147 posts, read 41,350,718 times
Quote:
I'm not wrong. The FACT is that low-income women are the LEAST likely to abort.

Here are the stats and the source:

Abortion Rates by Income Level, Unplanned Pregnancies

Poverty Level: 8.6%
100%-200%: 7.8%
200%-300%: 16.2%
300%-400%: 8.0%
Over 400%: 31.9%

Source: Brookings Institution (left-wing think tank). Figure 4 on page 7: https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content..._pregnancy.pdf

Do you understand what "least likely to" means? You seem to not know.
Do you not understand the difference between unplanned and unwanted?

Those aborting unwanted pregnancies are overwhelmingly poor.

Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Do you not understand the difference between unplanned and unwanted?

Those aborting unwanted pregnancies are overwhelmingly poor.
Post your source for statistics that specifically differentiate between unplanned pregnancy abortion rates and unwanted pregnancy abortion rates.

Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM

15,104 posts, read 8,659,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
So are you proposing an IQ/Intelligence test to get into the country? Or, going further, are you proposing a mandatory IQ test for everyone in the country? If someone doesn't pass, ship them off to Mexico? Your statements appear to indicate that having a high IQ is an appropriate standard for having status in the US.
And herein lies one of the most overlooked contributing factors in our collective decline … emotional ignorance having become the dominant force over logic and reason. The hard cold reality is, intelligence plays a major role in predicting successful outcomes, and that fact will always be a fundamental truth, regardless of one’s political-ideological view point. Therefore, from a purely practical standpoint, the bottom line question is, should we ignore that reality and pretend intelligence doesn’t matter? You seem to be insinuating that we should, but offer no rational reasons why.

Obviously, if one is concerned about successful outcomes, and only idiots wouldn’t be, then it would make perfect sense to want to structure one’s immigration policies favoring those applicants of higher intelligence levels, over those of lower intelligence. You certainly aren’t going to increase success rates in society at large by increasing the number of idiots comprising its ranks. And you need not be a genius to automatically understand that.

Furthermore, this isn’t just a matter involving immigration, but is also playing out across the whole of society today, and yet another glaring example of the same faulty reasoning behind the elimination of merit based decisions for everything from college admissions, to who is hired, who is fired, and who deserves promotions. Now, these decisions are being dictated by ill conceived ideas about equity and fairness, rather than practical decisions which focus on qualifications.

Yes, quality is ensured by the age old practice of “qualifying”. And this practice applies to every aspect of life, whether it be who you allow entry into your country, or who is allowed admission to Harvard. In both instances, selecting the best and brightest greatly increases the chance for success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies