Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2024, 09:48 AM

6,348 posts, read 3,485,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
This thread is supposed to be about changes in IQ. Abortion and pregnancy have nothing to do with IQ. This thread is most likely doomed to locked or deleted. Let's get back on the real topic because it is interesting and worth discussing.
IQ and abortions? Well maybe a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 10:13 AM

43,841 posts, read 18,849,832 times
The dumbing down of America really is happening.

And it's to the benefit of the government.
You saw how people reacted during the pandemic. They never questioned what the government told them.
They even turned on their peers, family and neighbors when the government told them to.

A dumbed down society is easily controlled.

Old 05-06-2024, 10:16 AM
Status: "Wasting time in the interwebz, just like you." (set 9 days ago)

1,429 posts, read 756,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Yeah, a handful of geniuses is not going to compensate for millions of sub-80 IQ "migrants" pouring into the state.

Technology is the problem? lol Sure, that's it.

Once again, Idiocracy is proven to be a documentary.

The interactive map tells it all.
IQ drops with indoctrination also.

Looking at the wave of college/university protests/riots/ takeovers, I can see examples where IQ has clearly dropped due to this.

Old 05-06-2024, 11:43 AM

9,914 posts, read 11,328,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
IQ drops with indoctrination also.
Find some research or articles related to "IQ drops with indoctrination." I expect you will come up empty.

Old 05-06-2024, 11:54 AM

6,065 posts, read 4,295,259 times
I have no idea why technology is being dismissed as a cause. Technology has rewired our brains in ways nothing else ever has. Many human brains now have almost no downtime, and they avoid thinking long and hard about any topic. It seems obvious to me that our current technological environment is the enemy of a good brain.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:07 PM
Status: "Wasting time in the interwebz, just like you." (set 9 days ago)

1,429 posts, read 756,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Find some research or articles related to "IQ drops with indoctrination." I expect you will come up empty.
Do we need an article to tell us what is obvious?

IQ is commonly defined as a test of one's reasoning ability.

The actions of many of those obviously indoctrinated on modern university/college campuses clearly show that their collective reasoning ability has dropped in recent times.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:09 PM

43,841 posts, read 18,849,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I have no idea why technology is being dismissed as a cause. Technology has rewired our brains in ways nothing else ever has. Many human brains now have almost no downtime, and they avoid thinking long and hard about any topic. It seems obvious to me that our current technological environment is the enemy of a good brain.
Oh I think it's a huge cause. With technology you don't have to read, write or do any type of math in your head. The brain is not being utilized.
You also don't have to memorize anything these days.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:13 PM

52,504 posts, read 53,071,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I think that this may true with young people. People that grew up immersed in technology have no frame of refence. I'm an older Gen X and understand both sides of the tech. I worked in a tech role in programming and networking systems. Technology is great if you can stay objective and understand it's role. Too many young people don't have that understanding. In many ways social media is really the awful ugly side of the technology blade so to speak.

There is a push to dumb down the populace and it's really scary to me. So many people don't see it and just call you a right wing nutjob if you do pay attention and call things out. I'm really not far right winger, just someone observing the world around me.

The country is in decline and a lot of people are just literally whistling past the graveyard on this issue. I think that the Marxist left has won, it's just a matter of time until the older generation dies off. Too many generations have been infected with this persistent America is bad theme pushed for decades now. I just hope it stays together as long as it can.

This change being foisted upon us is not noble, or worthy like back in 60s when people were fighting for women's and minorities rights.

This structural change is sold as social justice, but it's going to wind up being a power and wealth transfer to the 0.1% elites pulling the strings.

"You'll own nothing, and you'll be happy"

First step is dumbing down the populace, next step is lowering people's expectations and standards of living which is already happening with the rampant inflation purposely put in place through absolute reckless out of control spending.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:27 PM

9,914 posts, read 11,328,337 times
Quote:

The actions of many of those obviously indoctrinated on modern university/college campuses clearly show that their collective reasoning ability has dropped in recent times.
It's not "obvious." Other than you, find ANYONE talking about "IQ drops with indoctrination." Google it until you are blue in the face. It has nothing to do with IQ. Go ahead and try.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:42 PM

6,065 posts, read 4,295,259 times
Quote:

I think you'll have a hard time arguing that these students on campus at competitive universities are below-average in terms of intelligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies