Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

174 posts, read 91,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Seniors have medicare, if they pay.
That's exactly Right --- Medicare Payments are deducted from their SS (what's left of it).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

24,026 posts, read 15,129,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.columbo View Post
1. With what money --- where did they get the US DOLLARS to buy anything?

2. Homeless are not the responsibility of the community --- this is a Federal Government problem caused by 'Cut-backs for Psych help' --- happened back in the 90's. DISPLACED WORKERS would do better if Unemployment was raised and the Fed helped to create more jobs.

3. Homeless VETS have Psych issues --- most can work, but don't want to (or not enough opportunity). Many are on Disability but choose to live on the street.

4. Medicaid for low income is a 'US Citizen privilege' --- not a FREE-BEE for illegals

5. Medicare for Seniors was designed to help those who 'PAID SS TAXES' into the system for Decades (duh).

Your list of 'Nano points' are meaningless --- just another Rouse by Leftoids (who want everything for free) and someone else to pay for it.

There's just one problem with this Utopian Ideology ---- IT doesn't exist nor does it work !

DACAs were brought here as children. What ya wanna do with them? Shoot them? Deport them? We have already paid to school them. Just give them a green card, no benefits.Pay the top price form healthcare. Deport their parents. Don't allow them to bring in great granny and al their cousins.

On your 2. No, that started with Reagan. Up until then any husband could tell the doc my wife is nuts and get her committed. Many wives in my town started minding DH. My mom was committed in 1960 and given 23 shock treatments based on what her DH told his friend the town psychiatrist.

I get SS and Medicare. Never was gainfully employed.

No, I do not want somebody else to pay for it. IMO, we need a flat tax, say 10% on everybody getting a paycheck and every business in the country. No deduction for anything or anybody. How I decide to use my money or the assets of my business are not the business of government.

Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

174 posts, read 91,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
DACAs were brought here as children. What ya wanna do with them? Shoot them? Deport them? We have already paid to school them. Just give them a green card, no benefits.Pay the top price form healthcare. Deport their parents. Don't allow them to bring in great granny and al their cousins.

On your 2. No, that started with Reagan. Up until then any husband could tell the doc my wife is nuts and get her committed. Many wives in my town started minding DH. My mom was committed in 1960 and given 23 shock treatments based on what her DH told his friend the town psychiatrist.

I get SS and Medicare. Never was gainfully employed.

No, I do not want somebody else to pay for it. IMO, we need a flat tax, say 10% on everybody getting a paycheck and every business in the country. No deduction for anything or anybody. How I decide to use my money or the assets of my business are not the business of government.
Never-been employed (you should have gotten 1 hell of an education like a PHD or equivalent) ???

1. Flat Tax would drive inflation through the Roof ! --- Most businesses don't pay income tax (structured as pass-throughs). IF you force a business to pay income tax, --- what do you think they will do?

2. Deport them--- Yes, they are here illegally. 'WHAT WILL YOU SAY' to all those who came here legally, and went through the entire process (the fees, the interviews, the training, the education) ???

3. There aren't enough Jobs here for Americans... you want to bring in Illegals who will drive down wages Further???

More Tooth-fairy Stories from the campfire...

LIFE IS TOUGH ---only the Strong Survive ~

Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM

13,838 posts, read 8,059,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Even left leaning sites are starting to wake up. https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news...a/72723004007/
The responses to where a few were headed: NY, Chicago, New Jersey and Atlanta.

My guess is, those already here are telling family and friends to get over to the US as soon as possible. The border is open but nobody knows for how much longer so get here fast.

They arrive and then go to where they know someone. Which means cities like Chicago and NY will continue to be flooded with migrants.

It really is something. Cross the board illegally, turn yourself over to the boarder portal, get a meal and then a bus or plane ticket to the US city of your choice.

And to think it took me a little over a year in 2018 to get my Japanese wife a green card. And I had to provide documentation after documentation to prove I could support her financially.

Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM

43,211 posts, read 18,372,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
This is the way to intro socialized medicine!

Got a core constituency of 11 million plus illegals added to the 20 million that are here already, give them drivers licenses and you have a core constituency who will vote for the hijacked dem party. They love biden.

Any illegal votes discovered after the election when the dems win, no court in the land will overturn the E results.

Way back during obama/biden, obama corrected himself in an interview and stated obamacare was not intended to xover illegal aliens. He knew the country would not stand for that!
But it was worded in a way that could be changed.

In ACA it states "lawfully present", not "US citizen".

And Biden changed the definition of "lawfully present" via the Federal Register.
And I have no doubt he will do it again if re-elected to include all the illegals in the US.

Biden is Obama 2.0 ...furthering the changes Obama put in place.

It's not only DACA though...but other non-citizens as well.

Here's the Federal Register "Final Ruling".....

https://public-inspection.federalreg...2024-09661.pdf
Specifically, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients and certain other noncitizens will be included in the definitions of “lawfully present†that are used to determine eligibility to enroll in a QHP through an Exchange, for Advance Payments of the Premium Tax Credit (APTC) and Cost-Sharing Reductions (CSRs), or for a BHP.
We are not finalizing a “lawfully present†definition for Medicaid and CHIP at this time.

Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM

1,024 posts, read 790,601 times
They can get free medicaid in New Jersey and their children. I used to work patient registration in the er and 99.9999999 percent of them coming in the er has NJ Horizon Health and if they don't have insurance i have to set them up with a financial counselor to get them charity care and medicaid.

Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM

24,026 posts, read 15,129,288 times
Quote:
Never-been employed (you should have gotten 1 hell of an education like a PHD or equivalent) ???

1. Flat Tax would drive inflation through the Roof ! --- Most businesses don't pay income tax (structured as pass-throughs). IF you force a business to pay income tax, --- what do you think they will do?

2. Deport them--- Yes, they are here illegally. 'WHAT WILL YOU SAY' to all those who came here legally, and went through the entire process (the fees, the interviews, the training, the education) ???

3. There aren't enough Jobs here for Americans... you want to bring in Illegals who will drive down wages Further???

I was a child bride. My kids got advanced degrees with no debt. They still have no debt and paid for houses and cars.

1. What? Pay 10% income on profit instead of stock buy backs and exceedingly high pay for executives and board members. Perish the thought. It might slow down M&A.

2. I watched Roy Beck years ago. Limit the number we take in and deport all who are here illegally. Seize the assets of employers who knowing hired illegals.

3.Retire early. Move over so the kids can have a job. DH retired at 52.

Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM

10,509 posts, read 4,068,904 times
Quote:

And the reason why they drive down the wages is because they get welfare to make up the difference while the American Citizen and their legal migrant Americans have to pay out of the ass in taxes, all so the corporations can keep making profits. If they don't get they want, then they will simply move the corporations overseas where you lose the jobs, the taxes, production and everything else that comes with it. Of course, if only our elected leaders would close the loop holes by raising the import tax so high that it forces businesses to keep things domestic, but it won't happen either since most of the politicians get kick backs from these businesses.

Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM

43,211 posts, read 18,372,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And the reason why they drive down the wages is because they get welfare to make up the difference while the American Citizen and their legal migrant Americans have to pay out of the ass in taxes, all so the corporations can keep making profits. If they don't get they want, then they will simply move the corporations overseas where you lose the jobs, the taxes, production and everything else that comes with it. Of course, if only our elected leaders would close the loop holes by raising the import tax so high that it forces businesses to keep things domestic, but it won't happen either since most of the politicians get kick backs from these businesses.
They aren't driving down wages. They are making do with the wages being paid along with welfare benefits.
They also live in generational homes...parents, kids, grandkids unlike typical Americans.

The poor here in America are rich by global standards.

Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM

7,422 posts, read 3,567,959 times
healthcare which is also a synonym for health insurance, is an international right which shall not be infringed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies