Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM

6,127 posts, read 2,747,216 times

Advertisements

President Joe Biden on Friday awarded 19 Americans with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor.

The diverse group of recipients ranged from political trailblazers like Reps. Nancy Pelosi and Jim Clyburn to activists like Opal Lee and Judy Shephard as well as Olympic swimmer Katie Ledecky and Oscar-winning actress Michelle Yeoh.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/biden-set-...y?id=109896417

Really Nancy Pelosi lol? Al Gore the same award was given to Fauci as well what meaning do these awards have anymore?

Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM

6,127 posts, read 2,747,216 times
I guess Al Fore invented the internet what did Nancy do.

Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM

10,197 posts, read 11,180,307 times
All his Corrupt, Evil Friends. Why is anyone surprised? Parasites cling together.

Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM

9,444 posts, read 11,198,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2cents55 View Post
I guess Al Fore invented the internet what did Nancy do.
She's a talented stock investor. I follow her closely. She's dumb as a rock--nothing against rocks, BTW--but her puppetmasters are clever.

Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

9,541 posts, read 4,364,397 times
Awards, medals, etc., given to high profile people have become meaningless, especially since there are some deserving people out there whose accomplishments have been diluted by this nonsense. It's the participation trophy crowd all grown up. Things really started going downhill when Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize because he might do something worthy of it in the future.

Sometimes Biden's behavior makes me think I'm having a nightmare that won't end. He is so completely and utterly ridiculous and out-of-touch, it almost can't be real.

Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM

4,211 posts, read 2,529,018 times
Pelosi is up there with the great Speakers of the House, - next to Henry Clay, Joseph Cannon, Thomas Reed and Sam Rayburn. Folks may not like her, but her legislative agenda and skills were second to none. People don't like her because she was so successful.

Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,242,577 times
Seriously?

I'm reminded of what Inigo Montoya said in Princess Bride:
"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"

But we do live in the Dem opposite clown world.

Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM

2,360 posts, read 861,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2cents55 View Post
President Joe Biden on Friday awarded 19 Americans with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor.

The diverse group of recipients ranged from political trailblazers like Reps. Nancy Pelosi and Jim Clyburn to activists like Opal Lee and Judy Shephard as well as Olympic swimmer Katie Ledecky and Oscar-winning actress Michelle Yeoh.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/biden-set-...y?id=109896417

Really Nancy Pelosi lol? Al Gore the same award was given to Fauci as well what meaning do these awards have anymore?
When Nancy Pelosi was Speaker we had Congress that managed to get some things done. Moderator cut: off topic trolling

Last edited by Ibginnie; Yesterday at 01:22 PM..

Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

18,154 posts, read 15,738,832 times
Every president has the opportunity to present such medals. It started with JFK.

Generally there's a cross-section of people from various areas: military, congress, entertainment, business, philanthropic, etc.

Partial list of people who received the Medal of Freedom from the prior president during his tenure:

- Dan Gable - wrestler and coach, won gold for wrestling at '72 Olympics
- Lou Holtz - football coach (multiple teams) and sports media personality.
- Mariano Rivera - MLB relief pitcher, considered one of the best.
- Jim Ryun - runner in 3 Olympics '64 - '72, and state representative for KS for 10 years.
- Roger S. Penske - Penske car dealership and Team Penske motorsports group.
- Jerry West - basketball player in NBA (Lakers) and NBA general manager (Lakers)
- Bob Cousy - NBA player (Celtics)
- Tiger Woods - PGA golfer, considered one of the best of all time.
- Roger Staubach - NFL quarterback (Cowboys), Hall of Fame award
- Orrin Hatch - Senator from Utah, 41+ years.

Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM

27,691 posts, read 16,182,319 times
Freedom from prosecution. She (husband) is the wizard of wallstreet. Nothing to see there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.