Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM

63,022 posts, read 29,229,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Money isn't fixing the problems in the school system. So lets do what makes sense, lets throw more money into the problem and please don't forget the free abortions.

No wonder why the children aren't learning as they're being lead by people with no common sense.

Instead of free fully paid abortions, how about condoms and other birth control.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) is negotiating a new contract with the public schools system and is understood to be calling for an extra $50 billion to pay for wage hikes as well as other demands such as fully paid abortions for its members, new migrant services and facilities and a host of LGBT-related requirements and training in schools.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-t...-accommodation
Wokeness gone array.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM

16,572 posts, read 10,676,390 times
You know what would be kind of funny? If they CUT $50 billion from the teachers and used that money for migrant accommodations. Give the people of Chicago exactly what they've been voting for.

Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM

17,467 posts, read 9,293,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I'm 58 years old. Teachers in my Florida public high school did indeed wear suits, or at least dress shirts with ties.
Ties were required for male teachers in my high school. My algebra teacher wore one draped around his collar. Told us the Rule was he had to wear it, nothing in the Rule said it had to be tied.

I loved that man, one of the best teachers I ever had.

Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM

4,427 posts, read 1,717,477 times
Quote:
I'm 58 years old. Teachers in my Florida public high school did indeed wear suits, or at least dress shirts with ties.
damn you're old.

Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM

30,108 posts, read 18,707,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I remember when teachers wore dresses and suits to school and they were the most level headed, common sense people always.

Now it's activists and psycho's. I've already set aside money for private schools for my grandchildren.
I have done so as well. The public schools are no longer a good place for kids to get an education.

Going forward, the parochial school system will be swamped.

Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM

4,675 posts, read 1,961,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
damn you're old.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM

32,127 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Money isn't fixing the problems in the school system. So lets do what makes sense, lets throw more money into the problem and please don't forget the free abortions.

No wonder why the children aren't learning as they're being lead by people with no common sense.

Instead of free fully paid abortions, how about condoms and other birth control.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) is negotiating a new contract with the public schools system and is understood to be calling for an extra $50 billion to pay for wage hikes as well as other demands such as fully paid abortions for its members, new migrant services and facilities and a host of LGBT-related requirements and training in schools.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-t...-accommodation
Abortion is a medical issue which is paid by insurance. All teachers have insurance. So why would this be a demand of unions.

Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM

4,156 posts, read 2,847,310 times
Quote:
I’m 50 years old. Teachers did not wear suits to work in my lifetime. The PE teachers always wore those Coach’s shirts though. Lol.
52 here, we were required to wear not a full suit (although many did), but a suit jacket, button up shirt, slacks and shoes. This was in the 90’s.

Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM

16,572 posts, read 10,676,390 times
Quote:
damn you're old.
Yep. We had transparencies and overhead projectors in my schools.

Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM

4,427 posts, read 1,717,477 times
Quote:
Yep. We had transparencies and overhead projectors in my schools.
I used to teach with those when I started my career. As a student, we had ditto machines. IYKYK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies