Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:19 AM

13,247 posts, read 21,862,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Israel can bomb UN refugee camps and then deny it and no one blinks.

Or they raid and bomb shelters and hospitals with "Hamas command center" excuses and no one blinks

What exactly is your point? Are you claiming that Hamas doesn't use refugee camps and hospitals as command centers? Or that they should be untouchable when they do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:26 AM

29,576 posts, read 19,677,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
No it isn't insanity. While giving Netanyahu carte-blanche to annihilate every last Palestinian appeals to your bloodlust, cooler minds realize that what is actually insane is thinking that Israel will survive if that happens.
Israel doesn't want to annihilate every last Palestinian. Why would they be warning them when and where they will strike with leaflets loudspeakers text messages to get out of harms way if they wanted that?

Old Today, 10:33 AM

3,364 posts, read 2,156,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Israel doesn't want to annihilate every last Palestinian. Why would they be warning them when and where they will strike with leaflets loudspeakers text messages to get out of harms way if they wanted that?
If Israel would've wanted to annihilate every last one of them, this would've been done by the 14th of this past October. That's just reality. Can't do that of course, though the world would be an objectively better place if they had. Truth stings sometimes.

Old Today, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I never said they did. I was pushing back on the notion that Biden is some kind of enemy of Israel because he's saying Israel needs to do a better job of limiting civilian deaths.

Old Today, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I never said they did. I was pushing back on the notion that Biden is some kind of enemy of Israel because he's saying Israel needs to do a better job of limiting civilian deaths.
The relevant nuance of the situation makes dramatically limiting "civilian" deaths highly improbable. Virtually no group of people deliberately embed themselves within civilian populations or outright use them as human shields. Radical Islamists do, because their concern is not of this Earth. Westerners can't cognitively fathom this sort of devotion, it's just that foreign of an idea to them. These death cult folks are wholeheartedly committed to a belief that the creator of the universe wants them to do this and will reward them for it. Numerous of them have openly stated so on camera and have demonstrated it in their actions. The continued lack of willingness to believe them that many in the West (and from the political left in particular) exhibit is nothing short of astonishing at this point. It's not a new phenomenon, either. Back when Iraq and Iran were engaged in conflict during the 80's, parents routinely sent their children into the desert to clear minefields and root-out their enemies by hand, and the families celebrated their deaths when they were blown up or shot. It might be nuts, but it's real nonetheless. It's like the one Hamas leader said in an interview: "For us, life begins with death." I mean, how many ways do these lunatics need to prove their mettle before they're taken seriously by those of us who purport to desire functional civilization?

Old Today, 11:17 AM

29,576 posts, read 19,677,898 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say he is an enemy of Israel (yet) but it's moving in that direction at least many in his party are and within the next few years if there is no end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, I can easily see the Democrats taking an anti-stance Israel as a party platform. Right now he is trying to placate the far leftists pro Palestinian/Hamas base by making some token statements which I get, but now he is also withholding some weapons claiming that they have some concerns for civilians. I doubt that is the real reason.

Old Today, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
The relevant nuance of the situation makes dramatically limiting "civilian" deaths highly improbable. Virtually no group of people deliberately embed themselves within civilian populations or outright use them as human shields. Radical Islamists do, because their concern is not of this Earth. Westerners can't cognitively fathom this sort of devotion, it's just that foreign of an idea to them. These death cult folks are wholeheartedly committed to a belief that the creator of the universe wants them to do this and will reward them for it. Numerous of them have openly stated so on camera and have demonstrated it in their actions. The continued lack of willingness to believe them that many in the West (and from the political left in particular) exhibit is nothing short of astonishing at this point. It's not a new phenomenon, either. Back when Iraq and Iran were engaged in conflict during the 80's, parents routinely sent their children into the desert to clear minefields and root-out their enemies by hand, and the families celebrated their deaths when they were blown up or shot. It might be nuts, but it's real nonetheless. It's like the one Hamas leader said in an interview: "For us, life begins with death." I mean, how many ways do these lunatics need to prove their mettle before they're taken seriously by those of us who purport to desire functional civilization?
Well, you can't kill all 2M of them, even though Hamas will still be hiding behind the last civilian standing. You have to put limits somewhere.

Old Today, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Well, you can't kill all 2M of them, even though Hamas will still be hiding behind the last civilian standing. You have to put limits somewhere.
Fair enough.

Old Today, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't say he is an enemy of Israel (yet) but it's moving in that direction at least many in his party are and within the next few years if there is no end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, I can easily see the Democrats taking an anti-stance Israel as a party platform. Right now he is trying to placate the far leftists pro Palestinian/Hamas base by making some token statements which I get, but now he is also withholding some weapons claiming that they have some concerns for civilians. I doubt that is the real reason.
Well, he is a politician after all. But he's solidly pro-Israel and so is Democratic leadership.

Getting rid of Hamas is a tactic. The strategy is to get their Islamic neighbors to stop trying to annihilate them so they can live in peace. But the more Palestinians that die, the more the neighbors will resent Israel. That's Biden's point. Play the long game. But the long game doesn't help Netanyahu who it seems has some ulterior motives of his own.

Old Today, 11:35 AM

3,103 posts, read 1,764,427 times
Quote:
What exactly is your point? Are you claiming that Hamas doesn't use refugee camps and hospitals as command centers? Or that they should be untouchable when they do?
Good questions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies