Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 08:54 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,085,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I think that a person who runs successful fast-food chains would have a pretty good understanding of the labor market.
People who own private prisons would have a pretty good understanding of the penal system. Doesn't mean they'll use their understanding for the common good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 09:24 PM

32,132 posts, read 15,126,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
There's a difference between" labor " and unions.

90% of America's working class are non union.
And why aren't they union members. They pay you while they train you.

Old 05-06-2024, 09:36 PM

6,404 posts, read 6,298,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Donald Trump was our first ADHD president. Hadrian's wall took six years with slave labor and no diesel equipment. Trump's wall was never completed with modern equipment.

The purpose of my post was to show that Trump is not interested in the working class. Research those people above rather than giving me the Fox News answer.
His ADHD is not the problem. It’s his Narcissistic Personality Disorder which is more than mere Narcissistic tendencies.

DSM-V 301.81 NPD

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the
following:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

4. Requires excessive admiration.

5. Has a sense of entitlement (i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations).

6. Is interpersonally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends).

7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

But his supporters mostly don’t care because these are seen as positive traits to many of them. Every mental health professional knows what a dangerous case he is to our country, whether they say it out loud or not. They are forbidden to because of The Goldwater Rule or risk losing their license.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:55 AM

63,049 posts, read 29,249,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
His ADHD is not the problem. It’s his Narcissistic Personality Disorder which is more than mere Narcissistic tendencies.

DSM-V 301.81 NPD

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the
following:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

4. Requires excessive admiration.

5. Has a sense of entitlement (i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations).

6. Is interpersonally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends).

7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

But his supporters mostly don’t care because these are seen as positive traits to many of them. Every mental health professional knows what a dangerous case he is to our country, whether they say it out loud or not. They are forbidden to because of The Goldwater Rule or risk losing their license.
No one thinks that those are positive traits and much of your claims about Trump aren't true anyway. His policies were good for our country and that's all that matters. What positive policies has Biden put into place? He is destroying our country. I'll take policy over personality any day of the week. It's the bad policy that will destroy our country, not personality.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Donald Trump was our first ADHD president. Hadrian's wall took six years with slave labor and no diesel equipment. Trump's wall was never completed with modern equipment.

The purpose of my post was to show that Trump is not interested in the working class. Research those people above rather than giving me the Fox News answer.
Trump's wall was never completed because he wasn't re-elected! He would have completed it otherwise. He fought with the Democrats for the funding for it during the early part of his presidency.

Lol, and Biden is for the working class? Why is he allowing millions of so-called migrants into our country to compete for jobs and resources against Americans then? Trump did the opposite by building the wall and putting policies in place to prevent that. It's common knowledge not a Fox News talking point!

Old 05-07-2024, 06:11 AM

Trump reduced legal immigration to those from known terrorist countries. He wanted legal immigrants that would benefit our country instead of being a burden. That's sensible legal immigration policy!

He reduced illegal immigration by starting the building of the wall and put policies in place to reduce it also. Where have you been???

Old 05-07-2024, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Trump is wealthy, and the wealthy will never give the working man an even break. Do your research on those people I mention in post #1.
HUH? Every president we have ever had has been wealthy and that includes the Democrat ones to. Biden is wealthy to so what has he done for the working class besides import more foreigners with his border policies to take their jobs, taxes and resources?

Old 05-07-2024, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Of course you are allowed on this day May 6 2024. Will you be allowed to agree with me this time next year. Remember, he will be a dictator only on day 1 in his own words:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz8ANyXDCAA
Yep "one" day as a dictator to make improvements and to take out the trash. Is that somehow a bad thing?

Old 05-07-2024, 06:33 AM

24,037 posts, read 15,144,070 times
Quote:
What is this obsession with Hunter Biden. If I flip through the channels and land on Fox, they are still talking about him and his lap top. The only reason that anyone knows that he is still alive is that he might be Biden's Achilles heel.

Trump would have thrown out the veterans because he called them losers.

As far as labor is concerned the rich including Trump will always bring in enough legal and illegal aliens to keep their price down.

I don't mean to annoy you but all of the nonsense that you post here is garbage made up from the minions of Rupert Murdoch. If you want to get rid of a dangerous alien, deport him.
Murdock has American citizenship.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:39 AM

29,603 posts, read 14,737,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
So to make America great again we should double labor union membership to get back to normal?

Majorities of adults see decline of union membership as bad for the U.S. and working people

The idealized 1950s had 35% union labor.
Think the decline in union membership had anything to do with the millions of manufacturing jobs that were offshored in the early 2000's ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies