Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 06:06 AM

21,495 posts, read 10,619,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
And?The first election I ever worked was in 2008. At every polling location in the State(florida)there were lawyers from the dem/obama side who monitored things to monitor things. This is nothing new accept perhaps for the Republicans , never seemed to have anybody representing the GOP or a Republican candidate watching polling locations before. Although I am sure it's been done.
There is a woman named Kathryn Englebrecht in the Houston area who started True the Vote and some other tea party group and was part of the IRS targeting scandal back in 2010. One of those organizations applied for 503(c) status and was asked all sorts of inappropriate questions and then targeted by several government agencies. Her machine shop was audited, the ATF and OSHA fined them. None of that had happened to their shop in all the years they owned it until they wanted to form a poll watching organization. You should look it up. She testified before congress about the IRS scandal and there is a really good article about it in the National Review. Thats what happens when conservatives try to do what democrat groups do all the time.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:09 AM

4,582 posts, read 2,300,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Lara Trump claims not only will the RNC be sending poll watchers but loyal Trump supporters to physically handle the ballots. One can only assume they have a plan to change the outcome by having their own people handling the ballots. I doubt it will work, but county election offices need to remind the workers that any attempt to do that would be a serious felony and result in prison time. If there is a conspiracy to do that it won't stop there everyone involved in the scheme will be charged including Lara Trump.

I think she was just trying to put some fear in Democrats she knows risking a serious felony will land herself in prison.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lara-trum...161530496.html

Stop Trump from stealing the election - voter ID required for all voters!!! No late ballots.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:17 AM

19,287 posts, read 17,171,017 times
All these fears about cheating, I don't know how your locality does it but for us the verified voter is handed a ballot, goes to a station and colors in the bubbles for their candidate choices. Once they are sure that they got who they want the voter walks over to the scanner and places it in the machine face down to scan which retains the ballot all while a poll worker sits there and hands you a I Voted sticker.

Thats it, where are all these poll workers doing anything that affects my selections from being properly counted....

Old 05-07-2024, 06:22 AM

24,046 posts, read 15,161,142 times
Knowing the rules of the game are helpful when one decides to get into a contest with the umpire. Many who saw irregularities didn't understand what they were seeing. Some just made stuff up.

The counties I have lived in have historically invited a representative from each person on the ballot and from each party to be present when the votes are counted. They even give a tutorial on the process.

Some counties did make last minute changes to voting due to Covid. Did that mean they were crooks intending to cheat? My county sure paid for it because the state took over. Now the county can appoint the person to run the election, with approval from the state. And the new person asks the state to bless everything they do. That's fine by me.

AFA counting ballots received after election day. It is common practice to allow mail in ballots post marked on election day to be counted. In the Bush/Gore brouhaha the argument was counting military ballots from out of the country, mailed in military facilities, post marked days after the election.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:23 AM

30,363 posts, read 23,832,144 times
Quote:
Lara Trump claims not only will the RNC be sending poll watchers but loyal Trump supporters to physically handle the ballots. One can only assume they have a plan to change the outcome by having their own people handling the ballots. I doubt it will work, but county election offices need to remind the workers that any attempt to do that would be a serious felony and result in prison time. If there is a conspiracy to do that it won't stop there everyone involved in the scheme will be charged including Lara Trump.

I think she was just trying to put some fear in Democrats she knows risking a serious felony will land herself in prison.

Oh please. Don't even dare suggest some "plan" to change the outcome after that sh.. show the Dems pulled in 2019.

Most of you all went to bed, but many of us stayed up, and watched as Trump's good lead changed into Biden leading, out of nowhere - suitcases hidden under a table clothed table, same batch of ballots being run through multiple times, and numbers on the tv screen flip flopping. Trump would have, say 5632 and Biden would have 2859, but a moment later, suddenly Biden had the 5632, and Trump would have the 2859, with ZERO explanation from anyone at that media channel. Videos of poll watchers being pushed out and workers blocking windows with cardboard, and anything else they could find. False claims of a water leak that required everyone, except those shoving ballots into the machine, to evacuate, the footage of people stuffing the "mail in" ballots boxes all over the country...

Spare me your suspicions.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
There is a woman named Kathryn Englebrecht in the Houston area who started True the Vote and some other tea party group and was part of the IRS targeting scandal back in 2010. One of those organizations applied for 503(c) status and was asked all sorts of inappropriate questions and then targeted by several government agencies. Her machine shop was audited, the ATF and OSHA fined them. None of that had happened to their shop in all the years they owned it until they wanted to form a poll watching organization. You should look it up. She testified before congress about the IRS scandal and there is a really good article about it in the National Review. Thats what happens when conservatives try to do what democrat groups do all the time.
That's an easy way to make a living. True the Vote has never uncovered voting irregularities. The donations are great.

She endorsed a candidate for Ft Bend county judge or commissioner who admitted to voting simultaneous in 2 states in several elections. SO did his wife. Nothing happened to him. Meanwhile a person on parole in Tarrant county was told by her probation officer and the county clerk she could vote got 8 years in jail. The candidate said he thought he could vote in 2 states since he owned and homesteaded houses in 2 states. She never rescinded her endorsement

Old 05-07-2024, 06:34 AM

30,363 posts, read 23,832,144 times
Quote:
Yet not a single court of law found what your saying to be true even the main guy spreading the lies Rudy Giuliani even admitted under oath it was all made up.
They were run by Democrats. GD, does no one on the left even try to listen to the evidence given, or do they just clap like seals and bray like donkeys when the propaganda machine confirm their own bias?

Old 05-07-2024, 06:42 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,359,432 times
The claims by Rudy and all those other lawyers apologized for their behavior, one reason I hope the GA trial goes forward soon so we can see the lies in full view.

Old 05-07-2024, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
They were run by Democrats. GD, does no one on the left even try to listen to the evidence given, or do they just clap like seals and bray like donkeys when the propaganda machine confirm their own bias?
You are saying Trump hired democrats to find voting irregularities?

Ask Ken Block and the Berkeley Research Group. Both hired by Donald Trump. Neither could find no voting irregularities.

Old 05-07-2024, 08:39 AM

59,346 posts, read 27,515,340 times
Quote:

And?

The dems do the same thing.

Post where you complained about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies