Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:58 AM

24,983 posts, read 9,722,959 times

Advertisements

The US soldier has been sentenced.

Didn’t the left claim this was a big conspiracy by Russia to frame a no-name low ranking troop to start WW3?
Quote:
A Russian court has sentenced a US soldier to three years and nine months in jail on charges of theft and threatening to kill his girlfriend, state news agencies reported.
Staff Sgt Gordon Black was sentenced by a court in Vladivostok in Russia's far east and will serve his time in a penal colony.

Sgt Black, who was arrested in May, had pleaded not guilty to the murder threat charges but admitted he was "partially" guilty of stealing 10,000 roubles ($116; £89) from her.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cd11v674rd5o

Maybe Brandon can ask the CIA to find another Russian arms dealer to trade him for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM

39,186 posts, read 51,565,881 times
So he is a married man, shacked up with the girlfriend in S. Korea where they had a "domestic dispute". She leaves. He goes to Russia without required approval of his commander and gets in another domestic dispute where he allegedly stole money from the mistress. So he cheated on his wife, beat up and stole money from his girlfriend and violated military orders. He doesn't sound like a person of character. Let him serve his time.

Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM

24,983 posts, read 9,722,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So he is a married man, shacked up with the girlfriend in S. Korea where they had a "domestic dispute". She leaves. He goes to Russia without required approval of his commander and gets in another domestic dispute where he allegedly stole money from the mistress. So he cheated on his wife, beat up and stole money from his girlfriend and violated military orders. He doesn't sound like a person of character. Let him serve his time.
That’s correct.

But according to others, this is all some grand conspiracy concocted by Mr. Putin to “get back at America” despite the fact this is a no-name low ranking soldier that has zero information and leverage for Russia.

I guess the soldier never got any Russian booty before, and decided to ruin his life over it, when he should’ve went back to america to finalize his divorce and see his kid.

Old Today, 02:29 AM

6,409 posts, read 3,572,370 times
I have zero sympathy for this kid. He is getting what he deserves.

But that doesn’t mean that I don’t think this whole thing is above board, because I don’t.

The Russians knew who this guy was before he was ever granted a visa to come to Russia.

It’s too big of a stretch for me to believe it all went down like this:

1) The Russians just granted him a visa without knowing he was a US Army soldier stationed in South Korea that is not allowed to visit Russia.

2) Once he arrived, he went to the girl’s home and assaulted her and stole $116 US dollars. 116 dollars is nothing with today’s inflation.

3) He then ran to the airport, was allowed to board the plane, but was pulled off at the last minute just prior to departure.

You all can believe what you want, but I don’t buy this at all. Like I stated upthread, I will wait until he does his time, and then comes back to America and has a Tik Tok channel where he tells everyone exactly what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies