Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 06:14 AM

59,554 posts, read 27,748,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Reminds me of the weather reporter who appeared to be struggling against hurricane force winds to even stand up, and then some guys casually stroll by, somehow impervious to raging storm. lol.

If I were witnessing these kinds of media hijinks I would like to do that. Maybe say hey to the reporter, just going to the store to get a snack, don't hurt yourself, and stroll away.

My friend used to work at a hotel where lots of media people would stay for certain events, and no one could stand them. The employees would rather deal with actual celebrities than reporters.
" struggling against hurricane force winds"

The video came out showing the fan that had been set up as a prop.

Yep. we can trust the media!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2024, 07:27 AM

19,910 posts, read 12,434,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" struggling against hurricane force winds"

The video came out showing the fan that had been set up as a prop.

Yep. we can trust the media!
There was this really bizarre looking CNN reporting set during the Gulf War and it looked like acting. Even at the time viewers were confused because it seemed like an SNL skit, while in such a dangerous situation.

These "news" stations pull out the drama to outcompete each other but it is embarrassing when they go too far.

Maybe the reporters being forced to be so biased and dramatic just become programmed like robots. So they end up being haunted by being around others who don't agree with them politically. It sounds like cult stuff. No normal person should be damaged by being at a dinner with people who voted differently. And this isn't the only media person who has admitted this, some were crying right on camera when Trump won in 2016. At least at that moment they were being real.

Old 05-12-2024, 08:53 AM

1,793 posts, read 785,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
So, you're a Christian who won't vote for Trump, but you'll support the people who believe in abortion until the point of birth, who believe in having biological men compete against biological women on competitive school sports teams, who believe in gender reassignment surgeries on young children? Trump may be a jerk, but he is much better than anything that the Democrats offer.
Yes, I am a Christian.

I don't think either party is perfect and some of the points you mention I agree are negatives of Democrats. However, I also think Democrats do a lot of good with a stronger social safety net, the environment, and etc.

My point in the post that you responded to, is that we should not attack one another or take each other's humanity away.

Old 05-12-2024, 08:58 AM

30,783 posts, read 18,548,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
How weak minded are these types? I have friends and family that HATE Trump with a passion, I like him, but somehow we all get along just fine.

This reminds me of a recent video clip that I saw on social media. There was a sign that read, have a date with a Miss Universe. A table was set up on the sidewalk where many took a seat to chat with the pretty young woman. Everything was great and people were having fun until they found out she represented Israel. There were some that said they were uncomfortable with that and left.

It's so dumb.

People are people and just because they like Trump it doesn't make them a bad person but too many on the Left think so.
That’s becoming a rarer thing these days so I commend you and your family. While I’m not the one to break contact over petty political differences (and even if you don’t view them as petty, I’m of the mindset that we still have to live next to, go to school with, work with, etc., people with suffering views from us), the level of insanity that some people have on this issue (in my experience it’s overwhelmingly leftists guilty of this today) is mind-boggling. It makes me very weary of who I openly discuss politics with.

Old 05-12-2024, 09:43 AM

17,851 posts, read 13,660,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"'The dinner continues to haunt me,' the ex-CNN reporter wrote on social media"

"Ex-CNN reporter Michelle Kosinski wrote in a Sunday social media post that she was surprised by how "normal" a group of "closeted" Trump supporters seemed at a dinner she attended, which she said continues to "haunt" her.

"All were well-educated and successful in careers. They seemed great! On the surface. For like an hour. But slowly, over a few drinks, they began to let slip their true MAGA natures," Kosinski wrote. "

"This dinner continues to haunt me. They all seemed so... normal..."

If she were a real reporter she would look for pods.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ex-cnn...ontinues-haunt
Poor baby What an idiot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies